Yoga is one of the ancient Indian practices and has been a part of our culture for ages. It sets the physical, mental, and spiritual health right when done every day. In recent times yoga has started trending in western countries too as it is seen to effectively reduce stress and promote the well-being of a person. Kapalbhati Asan is a popular form of asana and is a kind of breathing exercise that is performed to improve good health. Kapalbhati for weight loss is the main reason it is trending amongst many people. Read below to get to know more about it.
What Are Different Types of Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati Pranayama is of three types. Are you interested in knowing what they are and how to perform them?
1. Vatakrama: This is one type of Kapalbhati asan where you sit on the floor with legs crossed over. Perform breathing with a passive inhalation and active exhalation.
2. Vyutkrama: This is the second Kapalbhati exercise which is performed by taking in water through the nose, letting it go to your mouth, and then spitting it out.
3. Sheetkrama: Sheetkrama kapalbhati exercise is the opposite of Vyutkrama. Here the water is let in through the mouth and expelled through the nose.
What Are the Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama in Yoga?
There are numerous benefits associated with performing kapalbhati pranayama. You will be surprised to know them. Come on! Let’s read.
- The regular practice of Kapalbhati Pranayama will remove the dark circles under the eyes effectively. This will be of great help to soothe the eyes.
- It gets rid of problems like gas, acidity, and heartburn.
- Kapalbhati benefits by improving concentration and memory power.
- It is very helpful to the lungs and makes them strong. It improves lung capability and prevents wheezing or asthma.
- It helps to fight stress and improves mental health tremendously. It also cures depression as it boosts the production of endorphins thereby making you feel positive.
- It cures sinusitis.
- The benefits of kapalbhati pranayam are that it prevents premature greying and hair loss.
- By performing this regularly it will improve skin health and offer a radiant glow. It cures acne and other skin problems.
- The asana aids with better blood circulation in the system and treats varicose veins.
- It helps with digestion and increases the body’s metabolism. Therefore, Kapalbhati for weight loss is possible for everyone.
- Slows down the aging process.
- It strengthens the bones as it increases the calcium levels in the body.
- Kapalbhati benefits and cures uterine fibroids. It effectively regularises the menstrual cycles.
- It removes unnecessary toxins and wastes from the body and also improves liver and kidney functions.
- It increases the overall body energy and cures insomnia.
- The benefits of kapalbhati pranayam are that it lowers blood sugar levels as well as stimulates the pancreas.
How to do Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati is very easy to perform and practice. Do you want to do it as well? Just follow the below steps.
1. Posture: Sit on the floor with the legs crossed over. Place the hands on the knees with the palms facing the ceiling. Fold the index finger on both your hands such that it touches the tips of the thumbs.
2. Inhale: Inhale in a calm and deep manner through both the nostrils until your lungs get filled with air. Focus more on the abdominal region.
3. Exhale: Draw your stomach such that your navel is close to your spine. Then place your hands on the abdominal muscles to see whether it is contracting. If it does relax from the contraction and start to exhale rapidly. A forceful short burst of air must go out of the system with an immediate inhalation.
4. Continue Breathing and Meditating: Repeat the breathing process at least 20 times. Then rest for a while and start to meditate. After five to ten minutes do another round of breathing.
What Are The Precautions To Be Taken While Performing A Kapalbhati Pranayama?
A kapalbhati yoga is effectively seen to rejuvenate and heal the body. The breathing exercise is very powerful to cure various ailments. But yet it has certain precautionary measures to be taken to ensure the safety of the performer as kapalbhati side effects might harm certain sections of the people.
- If you are new to yoga and a senior citizen you must not overdo the exhalation. Or ensure that you perform only one exhalation stroke per second. Yoga for beginners must always be practiced carefully irrespective of its intensity.
- Always perform kapal bhati pranayama early in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Without consulting a doctor or analyzing your health do not attempt kapalbhati steps. Get a thorough check-up and then perform after your physician suggests you go ahead.
- Do not perform kapal bhati Pranayama if you are having your menstrual periods. Pregnant women should also avoid doing it as it will cause forceful abdominal contracts and harm the baby inside.
- If you are a heart patient make it a point to exhale slowly.
- People with high blood pressure conditions should not perform it.
- Younger people can perform two exhalations per second. Or if you are an expert at performing kapal bhati Pranayama you can attempt doing it at a faster rate.
- Always take guidance or a certified yoga instructor during the first few days of practice.
- Kapalbhati yoga has a natural tendency to aggravate ulcers. So, if you are already having that problem make sure to be very careful. Consult with your doctor and your yoga teacher and get advice on whether it is safe.
- In case of a slipped disc or spine problems do not perform this yoga practice.
- Patients with stents in their blood vessels must strictly refrain from doing kapalbhati steps.
- People with asthma, wheezing or bronchitis must not do these breathing exercises.
- Performing a Kapalbhati Pranayam without proper knowledge will harm you. Therefore, learn the basic techniques and become proficient with them. Then you can move to the advanced levels as kapalbhati side effects will be severe when performed in an improper manner.
If you are wondering where to master the kapalbhati pranayama, do not worry as there are various online yoga classes. Now you can join one of them and perform it in the comfort of your personal space.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Parvatasan | Mayur Aasan | Ashvini Mudra | Dhanurasana | Khechri Mudra | Ardh Chandrasana | Chanting Om | Bakasana Information | Pranayam Types | Chakrasana Pose | Dandasana Meaning | Uttanpadasana Yoga | Padahastasana Yoga | Makarasana Meaning | Gyan Mudra Yoga | What Is Vakrasana | Eagle Pose Benefits | What Is Virasana | Eka Pada Skandasana | Steps Of Naukasana | Surya Namaskar Mudra | Benefits Of Pran Mudra | Padmasana Yoga Benefits | Yoni Mudra For Fertility | Benefits Of Siddhasana | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Advantages Of Gomukhasana | Benefits Of Yoga Mudrasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Hand Fat Loss | What Is Balayam | Back Kick Workout | Free Hand Workout | How To Do Leg Curl | Kettlebell Snatch Exercise | Russian Twist Workout | Dumbbell Pullover Benefits | Ardha Kurmasana Benefits | Do Skipping Increase Height | High Knee Raises Benefits | Barbell Curl Muscles Worked | Seated Row Target Muscles | Thigh And Hip Fat Loss Exercise
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Supta Vajrasana Procedure | Uttana Mandukasana Benefits | Mudra For Stomach Bloating | Cat And Camel Exercise Benefits | Apan Vayu Mudra Blood Pressure | Lal Kitab Remedies For Hair Growth | Trapezitis Treatment Physiotherapy | Why Do I Get Pimples After Eating Mango | Best Time To Do Exercise For Increasing Height