When it comes to weight loss, people are always trying to find effective and faster ways of shedding extra kilos. And in this quest to slim and toned bodies, you will find that the bets are placed on both yoga and gym exercises. While some people believe that yoga for weight loss is a great option, others rely on cardio or fat-burning exercises to get their dream figure. This competition between yoga and exercise to win the title for the fastest way to lose weight has been there for a long while. We can see both yogis and gym trainers having lean and strong bodies which makes the final decision even more difficult. To clear these doubts, one must first understand how both these practices help in weight loss. Keep reading to find out how to lose weight fast.
Yoga For Weight Loss
For centuries, yoga has been practiced by people all over the world to attain both mental and physical wellness. If you practice yoga daily, you can also increase your bodys flexibility, strength, stamina, and reduce stress, depression, and anxiety. You can perform them easily at home on a regular basis. However, make sure that you learn this yoga from experts to make sure you perform the poses properly. As far as weight loss is concerned, there are several yoga poses that can help in burning a lot of calories; thereby promoting weight loss.
What Are the Top 4 Yoga Poses for Weight Loss?
- Chaturangadandasana (Plank pose): This yoga pose is best to lose belly weight and strengthen your core. Although the pose looks very simple to perform, it engages your abdominal muscles with high intensity.
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior pose): Best to lose weight, the warrior poses help in toning both thighs and shoulders. It is hard to hold the pose for beginners but as you will practice, it will be easier to contract your abdominal muscles and hold the pose.
- Trikonasana (Triangle pose): The fat deposited in your waist and belly burns at a very high rate when you do the triangle pose. Actually, this pose improves blood circulation which in turn increases the metabolism rate and helps in burning fat.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog pose): Various muscles, ranging from arms and thighs to hamstring and back, get engaged when you do Adho Mukha Svanasana. The asana tones your muscles, improves blood circulation and burns fat.
That being said, below are the pros and cons of using yoga for weight loss: Pros: Yoga is an ancient practice of wellness that not only focuses on your physical but also mental health. It also has less risk of injury. You can try yoga if your aim is not just weight loss but also to be at peace with your mind and body. Cons: Yoga for weight loss may be a slow way to lose weight. While you can increase the intensity of yoga asanas, it may not give instant results. It is best suited for those who have patience and time.
Exercises For Weight Loss
Exercises are more associated with gyms and equipment that focus sharply on building your physique. People often turn to weight loss exercise to lose weight and gain lean mass. In fact, there are many workouts that are done especially for weight loss. Some of the best workouts you can try are HIIT, strength training, or cardio exercises. Each of these workouts contains high-intensity exercises whose aim is to burn as many calories as possible in a specific time frame. To get the most out of these exercises, it is best that you perform them in a fully-equipped gym under the guidance of fitness trainers.
What Are the Top 4 Exercises for Weight Loss?
- Running: This is a high impact weight loss exercise that can burn higher calories in less time. You can burn 566839 calories per hour if you run at a 10-minute mile pace.
- Jumping Ropes: The faster you jump, the more calories you burn. If you become an expert, you can burn more than 600 calories in an hour.
- Kettlebell Circuits: For basic weight training, you can try kettlebell circuits. They not only help in losing weight but also strengthen your core and improve body posture.
- Burpee: Burpees target all your body muscles in a single exercise and that is why it is the best effective weight loss exercise. To make it more rigorous, you can also try burpee variations such as one-handed burpees, burpees with mountain climbers, broad jump burpees and many others.
To know if weight loss exercise is suited for you, do take a look at the pros and cons listed below: Pros: Since a weight loss exercise is more rigorous than yoga, it tends to reduce weight and tone your body easily. Some workouts even help you reduce belly fat in a week after regular involvement. Cons: As mentioned, weight loss exercises are more rigorous and hence have a higher chance of injuries. Furthermore, exercises are more concerned with your outer look and rarely offer mental stimulation when compared to yoga.
The Final Verdict
A general rule of weight loss says that you need to burn at least 500 calories per day to lose weight. So, you should focus more on the activities that burn higher calories. Going by this logic, a gym session is a great option. You can also perform cardio activities like aerobics, jogging and cycling to burn extra calories. But, it is also seen that performing exercises increases your hunger and makes you feel tired. On the other hand, yoga makes you feel refreshed and also boosts your digestion. For ideal results, experts suggest that you create a combination of both yoga and exercises for weight loss. For instance, you can decide to perform four days or cardio with two days of yoga. The two will complement each other and give you the best of both worlds. To prepare the fastest way to lose weight, it is recommended that you talk to an expert. They can help in charting out a plan based on your specific needs.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Yoganitra | Mayuraasan | Praan Mudra | Yoga For Anger | Pad Hastasana | Gyan Mudra Pose | Gas Release Mudra | Kechari Meaning | Akarnadhanurasana | Uttanpadasana Steps | Yoga To Get Periods | Dhanurasana Variation | Bakasana Meaning | Vakrasana Meaning | Balasana Information | Yoga To Reduce Belly Fat | Garudasana Technique | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Cow Face Pose | Balayam Yoga Benefits | Advantages Of Parvatasana | Different Types Of Pranayama
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Swimming | Landmine Press | Pullover In Gym | Kickbacks Exercise | Shrugs With Barbell | Arm Wing Workout | High To Low Cable Fly | Middle Back Workouts | Standing Barbel Curl | Chest Exercises For Men | Crunches For Beginners | Arnold Press Muscles Worked | Jaw Exercises For Jawline | How To Do Oblique Crunches | Dumbbell Forearm Exercises | Intense Thigh Workout | Butt Bridge Exercise Benefits
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Trapezitis | How To Do Box Splits | Dandasana Steps And Benefits | Benefits Of Baddha Padmasana | Easy Exercises To Increase Height | Information About Bhujangasana | Does Skipping Rope Increase Height | Chit Shakti Meditation Benefits | How To Do Ashwini Mudra | Dark Circles Under Eyes Causes And Treatment | 5 Frozen Shoulder Exercises For Quick Relief | Benefits Of Apana Vayu Mudra For Heart