Weight gain can be seen in various parts of the body like the thigh, arms, and abdomen. But when it appears in the arms and back it leads to the batwing appearance. This leads to low self-esteem in some people and also a poor body image. Wings workout addresses this problem and reduces the fat in those areas.
What is Bat Wings and What Causes it?
Not many people would have heard of wings workout even if they are regularly exercising. Bat wings are nothing but loose and flabby skin on the upper arms which gives a bat-like appearance. It can also happen to the back muscles. It is common in people with low muscle tone or excess fat in the upper arms or due to ageing. Yoga for back, chest workout,exercises for back are some of the things done as part of wings workout to get rid of it. Targeted exercises are to be done as part of the wings workout to tone the muscles and reduce weight in this area.
What is Wings Workout?
Wings workout will have targeted exercises that can tone the arms and the back. A full-body workout which includes wing workout is a more appropriate exercise regimen as it tones the entire body. But if you are looking to only reduce fat in the upper arms and tone it then aims for higher repetitions. Also, have HIIT or cardio as part of the wings workout to decrease fat around those muscles.
What are the Best Exercises in the Wings Workout?
A wings workout at home is as equally effective as a wings workout in gym provided the right exercises are chosen in your program. There are a few exercises in the wings workout with dumbbells. When doing at home if there are no dumbbells, filled water bottles can be used instead of it.
Tips to Follow Before Starting the Wings Workout
The wings workout mentioned below focuses on upper arms muscle tone and can be done in the gym or at home. To prevent any kind of strain include a quick and simple warmup session. Start off the bat wings exercise by stationary marching, rolling the shoulders, stretching the arms, lifting alternate knees and gentle side bending. Strength training should be part of the wings workout as it provides more benefits like muscle strengthening and improving bone density. It is not essential to do all the mentioned exercises every day. The wings workout can be done a few times every week.
Which are different types of Wings Workout?
1. Plank Up
It is one of the best wing muscle workout exercises. It works on the arms, chest, shoulders and abs.
Steps to follow while performing Plank Up exercise:
- Get into the position of a push up for these wings exercises. Place your forearms on the floor and elbows below the shoulders.
- Extend the legs behind and keep your back flat.
- Straighten the right arm, place the palm of the floor so that it is under the shoulder.
- Repeat the same on the left arm so that you are in a pushup position.
- Reverse the process, lower on to the right arm and then to left.
Reps: Do 4 reps on the left and 4 on the right. If the plank is too difficult then you can do it by bending your knees. Many variations of this wings workout in gym can be done using the equipment.
2. Triceps Lift
This is one of the must-have exercises in your wings exercise at home. Building triceps are important as they can help in making the other exercises like the press-ups and push-ups more effective.
Steps to follow while performing Triceps Lift exercise:
- Use a dumbbell or a filled water bottle and hold it in your right hand.
- Stand with a split stance placing your left foot forward.
- Bend the left knee and lower the trunk so that it is parallel to the ground.
- The back leg should be kept straight and the shoulders forward.
- Lift your right arm until it reaches the shoulder height. The weight should point to the ceiling.
- Move the arm up and down maintaining the arms straight.
- Do the same on the other side.
Reps: Do 25 pulses on each side and then change.
3. Wall Angles
It is simple but effective wing exercises that can help reduce stretching the muscles of the arms and back. It reduces the tension in the upper traps and also opens the shoulders and chest and is the best back wings workout.
Steps to follow while performing Wall Angles exercise:
- Stand with the back against the wall. Feet should be a few inches away from the wall. Knees bent slightly.
- Bring the arms up, elbows and the back of the hands against the wall slowly. The shoulders should be away from the ears. Hold for a few seconds and come back to the start.
- Repeat at least 10 times.
Reps: Do this exercise daily repeating this for 3 sets of 10 each.
4. Side Planks with Dumbbell Raise
These are one of the tougher wing exercises as it tests the strength and balance of the body. Adding weights to it creates pressure on the shoulders, obliques and legs making it stronger.
Steps to follow while performing Side Planks with Dumbbell Raise exercise:
- Grab a dumbbell or a filled water bottle in your left hand. Get into a side plank with feet stacked and the right elbow below the shoulder.
- Raise the hips off the ground so that it is in a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- With the hips lifted, chest raised and the left arm straight and extended.
- Now lower the left arm so that it is parallel to the ground.
- Repeat the same on the other hand.
Reps: Do 3 sets of 10 reps on each side.
5. Chest Hug
This is a part of the wings exercise at home program as it is simple. It is an effective exercise that provides a flatter tummy and a defined cleavage line and hence among the best exercises for wings.
Steps to follow while performing Chest Hug exercise:
- Lie on your back on the floor for these wing exercises. Keep the knees bent and the feet flat.
- Place the arms straight from the shoulders keeping a dumbbell in each hand.
- Draw knees to the chest, the arms should be hugging outside the knees.
- Lift the head and shoulder from the floor and keep it in that position until you complete the rep.
- Return to the start position.
Reps: Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vipasana | Parvatasan | Gyan Mudra | Halasana Yoga | Benefits of Mayurasana | Yoga for Control Anger | Scorpion Yoga Pose | Bhujangasana Information | Mudra and Benefits | Kriya Types | Ashwini Mudra Side Effects | Benefits of Surya Mudra | Padmasana Yoga Pose | How to Balance Apana Vayu |Lord Buddha Mantra | Yoga Diamond Pose | Balayam Side Effects | Yoga Poses for Blood Circulation | How to Do Yoni Mudra | Advantages of Gomukhasana | Yoga Nidra Deep Sleep | Best Mudra for Hair Growth |Shambhavi Kriya Steps | Different Types of Pranayama and Their Benefits | What Is Padahastasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Dragonflag | Benefits of Walking Lunges | Air Squat Workout | Does Skipping Increase Height After 18 | Superman Pose Exercise | Leg Kickbacks | Wipers Workout | How to Get a Chiseled Body | Side Plank Pulse | Sumo Squat Deadlift | Exercise and Creativity | Box Jumps Alternative Exercise | New Dumbbell Exercises | Archer Ring Push Ups
Search Terms For Fitness
Mandukasana for Beginners | Balasana Steps and Benefits | Steps of Uttanasana | Hrithik Roshan Shoulder | Mudra for Stomach Inflammation | Kechari Mudra Powers | Vakrasana Steps and Benefits | Chaturanga Pose Benefits |Benefits of Yin Yoga Weight Loss |Bakasana Meaning in English | Benefit of Makarasana Is To | Yog Mudrasana