What is blood circulation?
Blood circulation is a function of your circulatory system, or the cardiovascular system. Your heart pumps blood and sends it to the lungs to get oxygen. This oxygenated blood then travels to the rest of your body delivering not just oxygen but also nutrients and expelling waste from the body.
Your veins then send back the blood, which is poor in oxygen to your heart, and the process starts all over again.
How is poor circulation treated?
Almost always doctors advise making lifestyle changes to treat poor circulation. This includes quitting smoking, losing weight, and the most important of them all- exercising.
This is where the importance of yoga for blood circulation comes in.
This ancient spiritual discipline includes breathing techniques, meditation, and asanas that lend a multitude of benefits to your body and mind. When it comes to yoga for good blood circulation, these are specific poses that get your blood flowing!
Which are some of the best yoga poses for improving your blood circulation?
Now that we know how yoga for good blood circulation works, its time to learn some asanas to help improve your circulation.
Here is a detailed step-by-step explanation of the best yoga for blood circulation poses:
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog): This is one of the best poses of yoga for brain blood circulation. It puts your lower body above your heart and heart above your head and uses gravity to improve the circulation to your brain, which also makes it an effective yoga for blood circulation in heart. It also works as a good pose of yoga for blood circulation in legs.
- Get into a tabletop position for this yoga for blood circulation.
- Exhale deeply and straighten your knees and elbows.
- Lift your hips so that your body forms an inverted V-shape.
- Your hands must be shoulder-width apart and feet hip-width apart.
- Keep your neck straight with your ears touching the inner arms.
- Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds while breathing deeply.
- Bend your legs as you exhale and return to the starting pose of yoga for blood circulation in head.
- Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand): This is one of the best poses of yoga to increase blood circulation in scalp. This asana reverses the blood flow and improves its supply to your head, which also makes it an effective yoga for blood circulation in heart.
- To start this yoga for head blood circulation, lie on your back keeping your arms at your sides.
- With a gentle movement, lift your legs and back to come upon your shoulders.
- Keep your back supported with your hands.
- Ensure that your legs are firm and pointing straight to the ceiling and your chin is tucked in.
- Hold the pose for 30-50 seconds while breathing deeply.
- Gently lower your legs and come back to the starting position of this pose of yoga for head blood circulation.
- Vrikshasana (Tree Pose): This is a very effective pose of yoga for blood circulation in feet that also strengthens your lower body. Given its posture, it also makes for a good pose of yoga for blood circulation in whole body.
- To begin yoga for blood circulation, stand tall and straight with your arms at your side.
- Bend your left knee and place your left foot on your right thigh.
- Keep the right leg straight and don’t allow it to bend.
- Once you find your balance, inhale deeply and raise your arms above your head and bring your palms together in the Namaskar mudra.
- Hold a steady gaze while keeping your spine straight.
- Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds and gently release the pose.
- Vajrasana (Diamond Pose): This simple sitting pose is one of the best poses of yoga for blood circulation in feet.
- Sit with your legs stretched out.
- Fold both the legs and come into a kneeling position.
- Keep your hips on the heels with your toes pointing out behind you.
- Your head, neck, and spine must be in a straight line and palms must be placed on your thighs.
- Hold the pose for at least 60 seconds and gently release.
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose): This is an excellent pose of yoga for blood circulation in hands. Given the way it stretches your legs, it also makes for an effective yoga for blood circulation in legs.
- Stand straight with your feet slightly apart.
- Inhale and raise your arms above your head.
- Interlace your fingers while keeping your palms facing upwards.
- Raise your shoulders till your ears, open your chest, and straighten your spine.
- Relax and maintain a steady gaze.
- Return slowly to the starting position of this pose of yoga for blood circulation in hands.
What are the benefits of yoga for blood circulation?
Here are some benefits of yoga asanas for blood circulation:
- The best yoga for blood circulation poses include twisting poses that let your organs get fresh oxygenated blood and inversion poses that direct the blood flow from the lower body to your brain and heart. This ensures a steady supply of oxygenated blood to your organs keeping them healthy.
- Yoga to improve blood circulation in brain prevents fatigue, helps you sleep better, and improves your productivity.
- For increased blood flow to brain, yoga has several benefits. It improves your memory and focus.
- Yoga for blood circulation in head prevents the risk of Alzheimer and Parkinson’s.
- Yoga for blood circulation in hands helps in preventing symptoms of poor circulation such as cold hands and tingling feeling.
- Yoga for blood circulation in legs helps in preventing cramps and stiffness.
- Blood circulation yoga poses help in reducing stomach-related symptoms of poor circulation such as constipation and bloat.
- The poses of yoga for blood circulation in brain can be done with a minimal set-up. They can easily be included in your workout at home and can be done anywhere.
While there are amazing benefits of yoga poses for blood circulation, for them to make an impact, you need to learn their correct technique. This is also important for preventing injuries. We recommend that you join online yoga classes to learn yoga for blood circulation from an experienced practitioner.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Padahastasana Meaning | Vajrasana Benefits | Surya Ravi Mudra | Bhujangasana Benefits | Meditation Mantra in Hindi | Apan Vayu Mudra Blood Pressure | Bakasana Benefits | Contradiction of Gomukhasana | Types of Pranayama | Vakrasana Precautions | Frog Pose | Shambhavi Mudra Steps | Benefits of Balayam Yoga | Hal Aasan | Benefits of Uttanasana | Benefits of Vipassana | Yoga to Reduce Anger | Mudra for Digestion | Yoga Mudrasana Meaning | Kriya Yoga for Beginners | Khechari Mudra Powers | Benefits of Yoni Mudra | Prithvi Mudra Benefits for Hair | How to Do Prana Mudra | Child Pose
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sumo Dl | Benefit of Side Plank | Benefits of Skipping Rope for Height | Hrithik Roshan Workout | Box Jump Exercise Benefits |Exercises to Increase Creativity | Lunges Benefits | Wipers Exercise | How to Do Dragon Flags | Archer Push Ups Benefits | Superman Workout | Kickback Exercise | Air Squat Form | Chiseled Muscles | Dumbbell Workout for Weight Loss
Search Terms For Fitness
Benefits of Scorpion Pose | Benefits of Ashwini Mudra | Makarasana Yoga Pose | Yoga Nidra for Anxiety | Yoga Parvatasana | Padmasana Pose | Yoga Positions for Weight Loss | Anxiety Mudra | Mayurasana Step by Step | Dandasana Steps and Benefits