Meditation means different things for different people. Some see it as a constant chanting of a mantra, some think that surya namaskar yoga is the ultimate form of meditation, others understand it as silently observing things happening around you without passing judgment. All of these things are indeed types of meditation. However, there is one type that is lesser-known but equally important - the shambhavi mudra.The word mudra in the name shambhavi mudra makes it different from other forms of yoga or meditation. It means to lock in - be it your body or something else. When you do shambhavi mudra steps, you simply lock in your energy that earlier was being dissipated in worldly things. In the new world where technology has over-stimulated your sensory organs, shambhavi mudra steps help you in countering that, giving your energy a direction and saving it from wastage. Without this, energies keep flowing in different directions. Materialistic things and emotional chaos caused by an uncontrolled mind consume most of your energy and leave you tired. People who do not do meditation often say that they are tired of their problem and, in fact, the whole world. If you can stop this trend by doing yoga for beginners or meditation for beginners. However, if you want something that is on an advanced level, you should definitely try shambhavi mudra.Keeping all the benefits of shambhavi mudra in mind, we think that it is important for everyone to know about it. After all, there are many yoga centers where you can learn yoga postures for kids or even yoga for weight loss. But there are not many meditation centers where you can learn shambhavi mahamudra steps. This is a guide where you will learn everything about the mudra including its benefits, history, and steps.
What is Shambhavi Mudra & Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya?
Shambhavi Mahamudra is an integrative system of several breathing techniques that incorporate various limbs of traditional Raja Yoga or yoga described in sutras by Patanjali. It is a highly regarded gesture practiced in yoga and meditation. In English this gesture is called eyebrow center gazing. The name comes from Shambhavi, the name of Parvati who is the consort of Shiva, the Hindu lord. Parvati is a symbol of divine energy. The existence of human beings is supposed to be propelled from the same energy. Connecting these dots, you will realize that shambhavi mudra is way to way to give direction to the energy that properly your life. Shambhavi mudra can bring your mind into a balanced condition and a state of a high level of consciousness. There are a number of shambhavi mudra benefits that make it one of the most revered forms of yoga and meditation. If you do all the shambhavi mudra steps properly, it will help you in gazing inside of your conscious and that will eventually remove all kinds of mental distracts. Shambhavi yoga mudra is a form of shambhavi mudra developed by Sadhguru of Isha Foundation. It is actually a course that teaches you the mudra step by step. It should be noted here that Mahamudra steps are somewhat similar to shambhavi kriya steps. So, you can learn either to get the benefits of shambhavi mudra.
The History of Shambhavi Mudra
Today, you can all the shambhavi kriya steps easily from the internet. But it was not always so. Earlier, the kriya was supposed to be performed only by a selected group of yoga gurus who had the experience of practicing yoga and meditation for decades.Various scriptures and text guides about yoga and meditations have explained the shambhavi mahamudra steps in detail. Some of the most famous scriptures mentioning it are gheranda Samhita, hatha yoga pradipika and shiva samhita. After thousands of years of learning shambhavi steps through these scriptures and yoga gurus, technology has made it more accessible to people. Now, you can learn shambhavi mahamudra kriya benefits in the same place, i.e., the Internet, where you find your healthy recipes.
Benefits of Shambhavi Mudra
It is the huge list of benefits that has ensured that this ancient form of yoga and meditation survived thousands of years. Although almost every form of yoga and meditation has general benefits like the betterment of physical and mental, there are certain benefits that come with shambhavi mudra that are exclusive to it. Here is a list of some of the most important shambhavi mudra benefits:
- It can help you transcend your mind in the shortest possible time. Although there are many other types of meditation that can help you do that, shambhavi mudra can help you do it in a short time.
- Sages and yoga gurus used to go in a state of samadhi to reach a high state of consciousness. By doing shambhavi mahamudra kriya steps, you also can achieve that state without actually going into samadhi.
- Our eyes are one of the most active sensory organs of our body. They give you inputs from the external world all the time when you are awake. However, when you do shambhavi mahamudra steps, you fix your eyes at one point and that helps you in focusing your thoughts on one point.
- Not just your conscience, this kriya can help you in the betterment of your physical health. Your eye muscles get strengthened when you practice the mudra.
- Your Ajna chakra gets activated when you do shambhavi mudra.
How to do Shambhavi Mudra Step By Step?
Shambhavi mudra is a very advanced form of yoga and meditation. Unlike other forms, it will take you some time to master all the steps and finally achieve your desired goals. However, once you master it, you will realize that shambhavi mudra is only a matter of practice and now you can do all the shambhavi steps relatively easily. Here is how you can do shambhavi mahamudra steps:
- Start by sitting in a meditative pose. You can sit in Padmasana, Siddhasana/Sukhasana, or any meditative pose that you are comfortable with. The place where you practice should be very quiet.
- Straighten your head and spine, and pose in Gyan mudra. Your hands should be placed firmly on your kneecaps.
- Close your eyes and relax your body including eyes, face muscles, forehead, and even behind the eyes.
- Open your eyes gradually and try to fix them at a point. Meanwhile, your body and head relaxed.
- Without moving your head, try to look inward and upward. The point that your both eyeballs should be focused on should be the eyebrow center.
- If you are performing this step correctly, your eyebrows curve will form a V shape with an apex at your eyebrow center. If a V-shape curve is not formed, your gaze is not pointed inwards and upward correctly.
- Do not blink while gazing. Once your eyes get tired or water starts to come out of them, discontinue.
- Do it again after a short rest.
- When your eyes are closed, do not think about anything. Focus on the darkness that is inside your eyes and mind. If you are unable to do it, you can gradually chant OM to shift your focus on the chanting sound.
- Once you complete master these eye movements, you can then use your breath to coordinate shambhavi mudra.
- When you gaze at your eyebrows center, slowly inhale. Try to direct your awareness towards the Ajna chakra.
- When you gazing upward, hold your breath.
- Exhale when you lower down your gaze.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Ashwini Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Parvatasana | Bakasana | Khechari Mudra Benefits | Padahastasana Benefits | Mandukasana | Gomukhasana | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra Benefits | Mayurasana | Dandasana | Balasana | Benefits Of Makarasana | Uttanasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Yoga For Anger Management | Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits | Bhujang Asana Is Good For Improving | Halasana | Yoga Mudrasana Benefits | Balayam Yoga Benefits | Vipassana Meditation Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Superman Exercise Benefits | Sumo Deadlift | Side Plank Benefits | Walking Lunges Benefits | Kickbacks Exercise | Box Jumps | Air Squats | Does Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Body | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine | Dragon Flag | 5 Brain Exercises | Windshield Wipers Exercise Benefits
Search Terms For Fitness
Types Of Pranayama And Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Vajrasana Benefits For Male | Vakrasana Steps, Benefits And Precautions | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Vrischikasana Benefits