There are seven main chakras in our body that hold the key to life or energy. The word ‘chakra’ means ‘wheel’ in Sanskrit. These seven chakras spin the energy into our body with each chakra corresponding to the major part or nerve of our body.
To stay healthy physically and mentally, our chakras should stay activated and balanced. If there is an imbalance in the chakras, the corresponding body part will start showing some problems. Thankfully, you can do yoga for chakras and correct the problem.
Here is a list of the seven kundalini yoga chakras that are responsible for holding energy in our body:
- Root Chakra (Also known as Muladhara Chakra)
- Sacral Chakra (Also known as Swadhisthana Chakra)
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Also known as Manipura Chakra)
- Heart Chakra (Also known as Anahata Chakra)
- Throat Chakra (Also known as Vishuddha Chakra)
- Third-Eye Chakra (Also known as Ajna Chakra)
- Crown Chakra (Also known as Sahasrara Chakra)
Types of Yoga For Chakras
After getting yoga chakras explained, you also need to know what are the various types of chakra yoga poses. Only then can you decide which yoga asanas to add to your workout to get the desired outcomes.
There are various types of yoga asanas that you can practice to activate and balance your chakras. These types of yoga asanas are categorized on the basis of chakras they work on. Hence, there are seven corresponding types of yoga asanas for the seven chakras. A few examples of seven chakras yoga are root chakra yoga, muladhara chakra yoga, and so on.
Yoga Asanas For Chakras
As mentioned earlier, there are various types of yoga asanas depending on the chakra they work on. Here is a list of the main yoga asanas you can do for activating and balancing every chakra:
- Root Chakra Yoga: Also known as the muladhara chakra yoga, this type of yoga can help you activate your base chakra and lay the foundation for other types of yoga. A few examples of this type of yoga asanas are Tree Pose or any balancing poses, such as the Mountain pose or the Warrior pose.
- Sacral Chakra Yoga: Also known as swadhisthana chakra yoga, this yoga can help you increase your creativity and control the sensual side of you. It can also help you strengthen your pelvic muscles which are present near the sacral chakra. A few examples of swadhisthana chakra yoga are Bridge Pose, Pigeon Pose, and the Lizard Pose.
- Manipura Chakra Yoga: This type of yoga helps you in controlling your inner fire, present somewhere near your core. A few examples of manipura chakra yoga poses are the Boat pose and the Triangle pose.
- Heart Chakra Yoga: This yoga helps you in activating your middle chakra that makes deep connections with people. A few examples of heart chakra yoga are Cow Face Pose and the Humble Warrior pose.
- Vishuddha Chakra Yoga: Also known as throat chakra yoga, this type of yoga helps you activate and control the work of your communication center. A few examples of throat chakra yoga poses are the Plow pose and the Fish pose.
- Ajna Chakra Yoga: This chakra balancing yoga helps you see possibilities beyond the realm of reality or the world that you live in. A few examples of Ajna Chakra yoga poses are the Forward Fold pose and Folded Eagle pose.
- Crown Chakra Yoga: Also known as Sahasrara yoga, these 7 chakras yoga helps you in meeting your higher self. The best example of crown chakra balancing yoga poses is Savasana or the Corpse Pose.
Benefits Of Yoga For Chakras
Yoga for chakras is gaining traction in online yoga classes for one reason: its various benefits for physical, mental, and spiritual health. Here is a list of some benefits of practicing yoga for chakras regularly:
- By doing 7 chakras yoga, you can reduce the symptoms of depression and insecurity.
- Vishuddha chakra yoga can help you control the excess energy that often becomes the cause of fearlessness without precaution.
- Seven chakras yoga assists you to balance your emotions. Issues such as increased anger, sadness, or fear are a result of imbalanced emotions.
- Kundalini yoga chakras also help you focus on psychological and physiological sensations.
- Crown chakra yoga gives you benefits similar to meditations as it too can help you meet your higher self.
- With the help of sacral chakra yoga, you can improve your sexual life.
Precautions And Safety Points
Yoga for chakras can become a powerful tool to improve various aspects of your health. At the same time, it is important to remember that these yoga asanas can also lead to some side effects if you become careless towards the yoga techniques or your body’s reactions to various asanas.
Here is a list of some precautions and safety points to keep in mind while you do yoga for chakras:
- Some mantra chanting and meditation yoga for chakra healing can become overwhelming for beginners. If you think that you are getting overwhelmed with these yoga asanas, you should practice yoga under the supervision of a yoga expert.
- If you have a nervous disorder, schizophrenia, or some other similar condition, you should practice meditation yoga asanas after consulting with a medical expert.
- There is some intense yoga for chakra healing that requires you to stretch your muscles. If you are pregnant, have a problem with high blood pressure, or recently had an injury, it is better for you to avoid yoga for chakras.
After having the basics yoga chakras explained, you can be assured that these practices are not just for beginners. Under the guidance of the right yoga trainer, you can practice yoga for chakras with precision and reap its various benefits.
That being said, you will have to stick to your yoga workout as it requires patience to feel the gradual but definite benefits of kundalini yoga chakras.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Types Of Yoga | Kukkutasana | Hanumanasana | Karnapidasana | Rajakapotasana | Setu Bandhasana | Benefits Of Yoga | Upavistha Konasana | Chaturanga Dandasana | Four Limbed Staff Pose | Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sprawls | Front Press | T Bar Row | Side Crunch | Bench Dips | Half Burpee | Push Press | Pendlay Rows | Jump Squats | Pulse Squat | Shoulder Taps | Reverse Curl | Skaters Exercise | Chair Exercises | Anaerobic Exercise | Abduction Exercise | Plank To Pushup | Farmers Walk |Overhead Squat | Weighted Crunch | Dumbbell Snatch | Rope Pushdown | Renegade Rows | Windmill Exercise | Dumbbell Curls | Side Lateral Raise | Kettlebell Swings | Barbell Bicep Curl
Top Search Terms Fitness
Body Transformation | One Arm Dumbbell Row | Exercises To Reduce Neck Pain | Exercise To Relieve Back Pain | Regular Arm Workout | Fast Fat Burning Exercises | Chest Supported Row | Incline Dumbbell Curl | Benefits Of Cycling | Benefits Of Walking | Top 10 Abs Workout | Muscle Gain Exercises | Yoga Poses For Butt