What is Regular Arm Workout?
Regular exercises and focusing on fitness is very important. Just as you pay attention to various parts of your body like tight core muscles or stronger legs, do not lose focus on strengthening your arms with regular and impactful arm workout.Â It is important to work this part of the body as it makes it easier to improve strength and muscle tone in the arms and shoulders.Â
Why is it important?
Many people go for arm exercises at homeÂ and keep their fitness levels high. It also helps to burn fat and build muscles at a faster pace. Indulging in exercise to reduce arm fatÂ help in giving a firm tone to the muscles.Â RegularÂ exercising gives a healthy boost to muscular strength.Â We carry out most of our work using our arms and shoulder muscles. Thus, it is important to enhance its strength so that a number of chores like driving, working on a laptop, doing laundry, and more become easier and suitable for us. Arm workoutÂ can be done from home or a gym, depending on the fitness level expected. If you wish to build muscles, you may need to indulge in a machine workout, but if you want to enhance your arms and shoulders' strength, you can engage in some impactful body resistance arm exercises at home and meet this objective.Â
What are the different types ofÂ Arm workouts?
Arm workouts are of different types such as:
- Biceps exercises - these impact your biceps or the front muscles of your upper arm and include exercises like bicep curls and preacher curls with dumbbells
- Triceps exercises - These impact your triceps or the muscles in the back of your upper arm. Examples include lying triceps extensions and cable triceps pushdowns.
- Weight-free exercises - These can be done without lifting any weights and examples include arm circles, tricep dips, side planks, etc.Â
Arm Workouts to fit in your day to day life
Here are a few popular and most impactful arm workoutÂ exercises that can help a person get stronger arm and shoulder muscles.Â
- Push Up With Medicine Ball-Â It is one of the most impactfulÂ arm workouts for women.Â In this exercise, start from a plank position and place your right hand on the medicine ball. Keep core engaged, do a lopsided push, and roll the ball from right to left. While doing this arm exercise, keep your hips stable.Â
- Front Raise to Lateral Raise-Â It is another one of the most important arm exercises for women.Â While doing these arm exercises at home, place your feet shoulder-distance apart, take dumbbells and raise them in the front and then laterally. While performing this arm exercise, it is important to keep your arms relaxed.Â
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press-Â to do this dumbbell arm workout, stand your feet shoulder-distance apart and hold the dumbbells at shoulder height. Now extend your arms completely and press the dumbbells upwards and bring them down again at the shoulder level. Repeat this exercise to get a proper arm workout.Â It is one of the best dumbbell exercises for arms.
- Biceps Curl-Â It is another exercise that gives strength to your arms and shoulders. In this exercise, hold the dumbbells, raise them to the top of your shoulder and bring them back. Go slow and feel the muscles for better impact.Â
- Handstand-Â If you have excellent command over your core muscles, you can engage in handstand exercise. Check out handstand Exercise for beginnersÂ and practice it regularly. It will give an excellent tone to your upper arm and shoulders. Soon, you will be able to master this exercise and do it with finesse.Â
- Alternating Lunge with Bicep Curls-Â Check out several beginners workout,Â and you will find alternating lunge with bicep curls. It is a compound exercise that works on your thighs, hamstrings, arms, and shoulders collectively. Regular practice of this exercise can give you excellent results in no time.Â
- Triceps Dip-Â Engage in tricep dips, an effective arm workout, and work on your tricep muscles. Regular practicing dips on sturdy support will give you toned and rippling triceps.Â
Benefits of Arm Workout
Regular arm workoutÂ helps in a variety of ways. It improves strength and muscle tone in shoulders and arms, reduces fat in this area, and keeps arms looking toned. Here is how a proper arm workoutÂ helps.
- Day-to-day tasks become easier-Â ProperÂ arm workout at home or the gym, helps carry out daily chores easier. Lifting your babies, long-distance car driving, doing laundry, carrying vegetables, heavy files, etc., all becomes easier.Â Arm workouts at homeÂ ensure your arms have greater strength for heavy lifting without any stress or strain. Powerful and strong arms make daily living better.
- Amazing Results of Arm Workout-Â If your arms and shoulders are very weak, an arm workoutÂ can prove to be a big help. While doing arm exercises at home, you can also try your hand at swimming, playing tennis, and indulge in yoga. Stronger arms make all these activities easier and enjoyable and provide the foundation and balance to give excellent results.Â
- Fast Calorie Burning-Â Regular arm workoutsÂ help in speedier fat or calorie burning. Regular exercises can result in toned muscles that give you weight loss, a toned look, and stronger arms.Â Dumbbell arm workoutÂ is one of the most effective ways to keep arms and shoulders strengthened. While building your arm and shoulder muscles also keeps your abdominal or core muscles engaged, thereby strengthening this area.Â
- Healthy Heart-Â Keeping your arms stronger and pumped up with regular arm workoutÂ and keep your heart healthy. As per studies in this field, strength training supports your bone health and boosts its density. As a person grows older, it becomes more important.Â Regular arm workoutÂ also has a lot of impact on overall heart health. Strength training exercises also strengthen heart muscles and leave a positive impact on its health.Â
- Boost endurance and speed- Arms workoutÂ also boosts the runner's speed and endurance as he uses his arms to increase his pace. Once the runner starts with an arm strengthening exercise, there is a noticeable difference in his speed.Â
- Posture Improvement-Â RegularÂ arms workouts also help in improving the posture of the person. These exercises build muscles and also protect the person from slouching, thus keeping his posture erect.Â
Disadvantages of Arm Workout
- Training under an inexperienced trainer can result in muscle injury.
- Working on the same muscle set can result in overdoing and injury to the muscle group.
- Over-exercising or arm workout can result in inflammation.
Dos and Donâ€™ts for a Proper Arm Workout
- Do increase your weekly training volume.
- Do consume plenty of protein
- Do add tempo training to your routine.
- Do stretch your muscles properly.
- Do target one muscle group at a time.Â
- Do not overexert yourself
- Do not exercise immediately after a meal
- Do not set unrealistic goals; gradually build up the intensity.
What to eat after an Arm Workout?
Healthy, light meals like grilled chicken with sauteed vegetables, egg omelet and avocado toast, oatmeal with whey protein, almonds and banana etc are good for your body post an arm workout.Â
Is it effective to doÂ Arm Workouts at home?
Yes, you can do arm workouts or exercises to reduce arm fat at home without the use of fancy gym equipment. If you have dumbbells, you can do Â dumbbell exercises for arms at home. If not, you can use chairs, filled water bottles, etc instead of dumbbells and other exercise equipment
What to do postÂ Arm Workout?
Get plenty of rest and drink enough water post your workout.
What is the right age to do Arm Workouts?
Even children as young as 8 can do arm workouts if their balance is good and they have good control over their bodies.Â
What are the equipment & accessories required for doingÂ Arm Workouts?
Dumbbell arm workouts are good exercisesto reduce arm fat. If you donâ€™t have dumbbells, you can do the exercises using props like a chair or 2 filled 1-litre water bottles. Wear comfortable exercise clothes and use an exercise mat for planks and push-ups.Â
Arm workoutÂ has a lot of benefits. For this reason, many people pay attention to working out their shoulders and arms while exercising. Arm workouts for women and men can help tone and shape the biceps and triceps and strengthen the arm. Regular arm workoutÂ provides amazing and lasting results. Â