You might be busy with your hectic schedule with no time to perform any physical activity or meditation. But, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t keep a check on your health. The day-to-day stress and tension can lead to depression and lack of activity can lead to physical ailments.
Yoga is easy to perform and is a simple solution to improve your mental and physical health. The best part is that it can be done at home once you learn it well. Poses are the main components of any yoga practice. The boat pose, also called naukasana yoga, is a very popular one.
What is the meaning of Naukasana?
Naukasana comes from two Sanskrit words ‘nauka’ and ‘asana’ meaning ‘boat’ and ‘posture.’ This Sanskrit word refers to our body in the shape of a boat. This pose is very useful to get rid of the excess belly fat. An effective abs toner, the pose has several variations. For beginners, it is a little difficult to perform. But with regular practice, this posture can be aced easily. Various online yoga classes can help you in case of any difficulty.
Naukasana yoga helps to strengthen the core muscles in the abdomen and is the best yoga for beginners. As an added advantage, it also works the back muscles and strengthens them. When performing naukasana procedure, focus on your back and ensure to keep the waist and knees straight. The simple tip to master this pose is to focus on the back position rather than aiming to lift the legs higher.
Different Names of Naukasana:
English name: – Boat pose.
Sanskrit name: – Naukasana. (Navasana).
How to do Naukasana / Boat Pose?
A stepwise guide to a naukasana yoga pose is given below.
- First, start by lying flat on a yoga mat with your back on the floor. Next, put your feet together and the arms to the sides.
- Then, keep the arms straight with the fingers stretching outwards towards the toes.
- Start by inhaling. Then exhale by lifting both your chest and feet from the floor. Next, stretch the arms towards the feet. Now, you should feel the tension in the stomach area. It happens due to the contraction of the abdominal muscles.
- After this, you have to let your body rest on your butt. While doing this make sure that your eye is in line with your fingers and toes. Hold your breath for a few seconds and remain in this position.
- Gently exhale as you go back to the starting position and relax. You can perform 3 to 4 reps every day. But ensure that you do not overdo it.
What Are The Variations Of Boat Pose?
There are different modifications to naukasana procedure or the boat pose yoga. Start attempting with the variations as you master the basic boat posture. With regular practice of the basic one, you will gain more body flexibility which will help in the variations.
Advanced Boat Pose
You can start by performing the advanced boat pose yoga by lying on the back. When the entire body is straight, do ensure that there is no gap between the legs. You must place the arms beside the legs. Gently inhale and raise your body to forty-five degrees by maintaining the posture on your buttock. Ensure that your palms reach your knees and remain in the pose for 10 to 20 seconds. You can increase the time as you advance with the move. Then as you bring down your body, exhale and relax.
Boat Pose On Stomach
Perform this pose by lying on the stomach. Bring your arms right in front of your head with no gap between the legs. Interlock your finger and slowly inhale by raising your body to 30 degrees. Now stay in this pose for 10 to 20 seconds and increase the time depending on your holding capability. Bring your body down as you exhale and relax.
Who Can Do Naukasana?
Naukasana is not a very intense or difficult yoga posture. Almost anyone of any age group can easily do it at ease, provided they are flexible. If the person is facing stiffness issues, it is recommended to first treat their problem by starting with flexibility yoga poses. After mastering them and gaining some amount of body balance and flexibility, they will perform naukasana effortlessly.
If the person has present conditions like recovering from surgery, recent trauma on the joints, spinal cord injury, he/she must not attempt to perform naukasana under any circumstance. Otherwise, it is a very safe move as simple as a child’s pose in yoga.
What Are The Benefits Of Naukasana?
Naukasana steps are primarily to strengthen the abdominal muscles. But besides that, it does so much other goodness to our bodies. Naukasana benefits are:
- It strengthens the arms, thighs, and shoulder muscles.
- Naukasana steps and benefits help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- The stimulating move while performing this pose improves and regulates digestion extensively. In addition, it alleviates gas formation and eases constipation.
- The benefits of naukasana are to improve the health of all the organs in the stomach, most importantly the pancreas, kidneys and liver.
- Naukasana steps and benefits increase the agility in the muscles of the shoulder and neck.
- It is a perfect and effective pose to burn belly fat when practiced regularly.
- The stretching, compressing and relaxing motion makes the abdominal muscles tighten effectively.
- The benefits of naukasana include reduction in stress and keeping the mind free of problems.
Who Should Avoid Performing Naukasana?
There is a certain restriction to certain people performing naukasana steps. They are:
- People with asthma problems and heart ailments should never perform this pose.
- If you have severe headache issues with migraine, kindly refrain from performing the procedure of naukasana.
- Patients with low blood pressure should never do naukasana yoga poses without consulting their physician.
- Spinal disorders and other chronic illnesses can aggravate due to this yoga posture.
- Women should never perform the procedure of naukasana during their menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
Naukasana benefits are numerous and so it is highly recommended to be performed at least for 30 seconds every day. Nothing can perform wonders as a boat pose for both physical and mental well-being.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Akarna Dhanurasana Steps | Accomplished Pose | Benefits of Jnana Yoga | Shanmukhi Mudra Meaning | Chit Shakti Meditation Benefits | Yoga for Buttocks and Thighs | Yoga for Slim Waist and Flat Stomach | Best Time to Do Hatha Yoga | Steps of Chakrasana | Trikonasana Benefits | Boat Pose | Parivrtta Trikonasana Benefits | Ardha Parsvottanasana | Raja Yoga Meaning | Lotus Pose Strengthens | Salabhasana for Beginners | Upavistha Konasana Chakra | Uttanpadasana Meaning | Virasana Preparatory Poses | Yoganidrasana Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
How to Do Bicycle Exercise | Chest Pullover Muscles Worked | Chest and Back Workout Benefits | Knock Knee Correction Exercise | Chest Cable Fly | Chest Day Meaning | Chest Workout for Men | Aerobic Exercise to Reduce Belly Fat | Free Hand Exercise Meaning | Exercises for Hand Fat | Jumping Jacks Benefits | Db Lateral Lunges | Benefits of Leg Curls | Standing Belly Fat Workout | Benefits of Supta Vajrasana | Sumo Squat Exercise
Search Terms For Fitness
Beard Growth Tips | Best Diet for Weight Loss |How to Develop the Habit of Reading | Bunny Hop Exercise Benefits | How to Grow Beard Naturally | Stretches for the Middle Splits | Trapezitis Symptoms | Anulom Vilom Benefits and Precautions | Chit Shakti Meditation for Peace | Garudasana Procedure and Benefits | Mind-blowing Facts About Meditation | Ardha Chandrasana Benefits and Precautions | Baddha Padmasana Steps and Benefits | Back Exercises at Home Dumbbells