What Is Called A Flat Stomach?
A hectic work schedule with less physical activity and unhealthy food habits often leads to a waist that is flabby and eventually causes other health issues. To deal with such issues, you should take the step right away and start workout at home or gym to get a flat stomach.
As far as the definition of a flat stomach is concerned, it can be described as a flat abdomen without any raised indentation. If you have a flat tummy, you will not notice any rolls when you sit down. In simple words, a flat stomach is a slim waist and stomach that has extremely low belly fat.
Getting a flat tummy is not an easy task, especially when you do not work out or have an unbalanced diet. If you are a beginner, one of the best ways to lose belly fat and get a flat stomach is to incorporate physical exercise such as yoga for flat tummy in your daily routine. You can also keep a tab on your calorie intake and start eating healthy food. In this article, we are going to help you with the yoga part. Keep reading and learn yoga for flat tummy
What Is Yoga For Flat Tummy?
While there is no doubt that high-intensity workouts can help in getting flat tummy, yoga to plays a vital role. There are plenty of ways you can do yoga for flat tummy. You just need to know the right techniques and poses to achieve the right form. As for how yoga for flat belly really works, here is a brief explanation.
One of the main reasons that people gain weight is due to stress. Since stress is related to the storage of fat in the body, you can experience an increase in the fat cells in form of visceral fat in the abdomen – hence, increased belly fat. By performing yoga for flat tummy on regular basis, you learn to manage stress and any other mental issues that hamper your health. It also helps you in improving sleep and brings down your cortisol levels. The result? You start losing belly flat.
In addition to this, yoga for flat tummy also strengthens your core muscles, which improves your body posture. This can instantly make your belly look slimmer than before. So, if you were in doubt about whether to perform yoga for flat stomach or not, it is time to keep the doubts away and enroll yourself in yoga classes. You can also learn yoga for belly fat online and start the practice at your home.
What are the 3 most effective yoga poses for a flat tummy?
To help you start your weight loss journey, we have shared some of the best yoga poses for flat tummy. Read and follow the instructions carefully.
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
One of the most famous yoga asanas for flat tummy, Adho Mukha Svanasana helps in boosting your metabolic rate and also keeps your core muscles engaged. All this helps in getting a flat stomach. The asana is also an essential part of Surya Namaskar and relaxes the whole body. The Downward Facing Dog is also a good yoga pose to improve your posture and increase flexibility.
How to perform Adho Mukha Svanasana?
- First, come on the table position with all four limbs on the floor.
- Exhale and lift up your hips. Also, straighten your arms and legs so that your body forms an inverted ‘V’ shape.
- Your toes should point straight ahead while the palms should rest at a shoulder-wide distance.
- Now, look to your naval and hold this position for at least a minute. Take a deep and long breath.
- Slowly return to the initial position.
- Repeat this yoga for flat belly 5 times.
2. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
A popular yoga for flat tummy, the Seated Forward Bend works on each muscle of your body and stretches it. It also balances your menstrual cycle and relieves stress. You can also notice an improvement in your digestion after performing this yoga for a few weeks. It also burns the fat in your tummy region and that’s why we have included it in the list of yoga poses for flat belly.
How to perform Paschimottanasana?
- Sit on a yoga mat with a straight back and a relaxed body.
- Stretch your legs forward and engage your core muscles.
- Your toes should point towards the ceiling.
- Inhale deeply and stretch your arms in front of you. Slowly bend forwards and try to touch your toes. If that is not possible, just reach out to touch your feet,
- In case you can touch your toes, stretch a little further and lower your head.
- Hold this position for as long as you can
- Repeat for 10 times.
3. Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
Ready for another yoga for flat belly? Tree pose is considered one of the best yoga poses for flat stomach. As the name suggests, the pose needs you to stand straight like a tree and balance your body. It can trim the extra inches and give you a slim figure. Just make sure you perform this yoga properly and maintain your balance. Since it stretches your belly, this yoga also gives you a firmer abdomen.
How to do perform Vrikshasana?
- Stand straight with shoulders and hips in an alignment.
- Now, shift your body weight to the left foot and tighten your core muscles.
- Place your right heels on the inner thighs of your left leg. You can see a picture or video to know how the pose would look like.
- Inhale deeply and raise your hands over your head and meet the palms,
- Exhale and balance yourself in this pose for at least 5 breaths.
- Repeat this yoga for flat stomach 5 times.
Other than these, you can also try the following yoga poses for flat stomach:
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Viparita Shalabhasana (Superman Pose)
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Kumbhakasana (The Plank)
- Naukasana (Boat Pose)
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
What are the benefits of These yoga poses for a flat tummy?
These yoga poses for flat belly also offer the following benefits:
- Improve flexibility
- Control blood sugar level
- Lower risk of health issues such as diabetes and arthritis
- Improve body posture
- Better digestion
- Better sexual health
- Alleviate stress and anxiety
Now that you have also read the benefits, you can see that performing yoga for belly flat doesn’t just help you in getting a slimmer body, it also improves your overall health. So, wait no more and start practicing these yoga poses for flat tummy.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Cobra Pose | Gyaan Mudra | Parvat Aasan | What Is Kriya Yoga | What Is a Mantra | Different Types of Pranayama | Mudra for Gastric | Shambhavi Mahamudra Benefits | Ashwini Mudra Images | Kukkutasana Steps | Vishnu Mantra for Hair Growth | About Gomukhasana | Plough Pose Benefits | Importance of Mudras | Yoga for Blood Circulation in Hands | Yoni Mudra Steps | Vakrasana Information | Benefits of Namaskar Mudra
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Dragon Flags Benefit of Walking Lunges | Side Plank Muscles Worked | Supermans Exercise | Did Skipping Increase Height | Kickback Exercise Benefits | Sumo Lift | Hrithik Roshan Exercise | Box Jumps Alternative | Yin Yoga Weight Loss | Air Squart | Chiseled Torso | Daily Brain Exercises | Psychic Union | Windshield Wipers Exercise Hanging | Muscle and Strength Dumbbell Workout | Archer Push up Workout
Search Terms For Fitness
Which Yoga Is Best to Control Anger | Benefits of Kakasana | Manduka Asana | How to Practice Khechari Mudra | Chaturanga Dandasana Variations | Tips for Vipassana Meditation | Scorpion Position Yoga | Steps of Padahastasana | Advantages of Mayurasana | Balasana Procedure and Benefits | Makarasana Looks Like | Uttanasana Strengthens | Yog Nidra Benefits | Apana Vayu Mudra for Heart | Balayam Meaning