What is Yoni Mudra?
Yoni Mudra meaning womb gesture is a yoga gesture that emulates a womb or the female reproductive system. The mudra yoni places the practitioner in the position of a fetus that is safe and detached from the rest of the world and experiences peace and calmness. Yoni Mudra is also referred to as the Shakti Mudra and is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Shakti and equates her to every woman whose womb has immense possibilities for not only giving life to another human being but also of expression, freedom, and transformation for herself. It is the perfect yoga mudra to cultivate and strengthen the Swadhisthana or the Sacral Chakra. This chakra is the energy center for the health of your reproductive organs and governs the feelings of creation, growth, passion, feminism, etc.
Who can do Yoni Mudra?
Yoni Mudra yoga gesture is for women who want to improve their state of mind and in turn their health and wellbeing. It is especially advised for women who:
- Experience chronic stress, anxiety, or depression.
- Cannot control the chatter of their mind.
- Feel overwhelmed with heavy feelings.
- Have a negative self-image due to the condition of their skin.
- Constantly worry about things that may not be worth stressing about.
- Cannot focus their mind and decide which things are important and those that are harmful.
- Want to experience long-lasting peace irrespective of their surroundings.
- Juggle between their personal and professional life.
- Suffer from hormonal, reproductive, and health issues like premenstrual syndrome (PMS), Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), etc.
Who should avoid Yoni Mudra?
There are some conditions that make Yoni Mudra unadvisable. These include:
- Women who are suffering from extreme stress and anxiety should avoid doing Yoni Mudra yoga gestures. This may result in overheating of the body and may cause palpitations, feelings of anger, and anxiety.Women suffering from high blood pressure should avoid practicing Yoni Mudra.
- Those who are suffering from fever, cold, or flu should avoid Yoni Mudra.
- Those who suffer from issues of the cardiovascular system should avoid practicing Yoni Mudra asana to not experience palpitations and nervousness that may exacerbate their heart issues.
How does Yoni Mudra help?
Yoni Mudra has amazing long-lasting benefits for your physiological as well as mental health. Some of the most important Yoni Mudra benefits include:
- Since it is easy to learn and practice, this is a great technique of yoga for beginners.
- By inducing a feeling of connectedness with your beginnings i.e. when you were yet to be born, Yoni Mudra takes you away from the chaos of the fast-paced lives that we live and the ensuing materialism and helps you feel grounded. This also helps in increasing a sense of comfort and safety.
- By reducing stress that puts your face in perpetual grim position, it helps in lending a youthful appearance to your skin.
- It improves your blood circulation that helps in detoxifying the skin, opening the pores, and improving the skin quality.
- It fights the negative effects of stress like acne and blemishes and helps you with positive self-image and confidence.
- It helps in doing away with the chatter of the mind that includes unnecessary and unproductive thoughts.
- It removes the feelings of stress and anxiety before they convert into chronic depression or perpetual negativity.
- Yoni Mudra helps in calming your mind and practicing mindfulness.
- Yoni Mudra pranayama when practiced together have immense benefits like improving your blood circulation, reducing blood pressure, and enhancing your lung function.
- One of the most important Yoni Mudra benefits is that it helps in improving your fertility. For women who are trying to have kids yoga gesture of Yoni Mudra is especially beneficial.
- It relieves you of the discomforting and painful symptoms of PMS like weight gain making it an important weight loss yoga gesture.
- There are great benefits of practicing Yoni Mudra for PCOS and fibroids. It helps in not only relieving the symptoms of these but also helps in preventing these conditions.
- Yoni Mudra pranayama has great benefits for your cognitive functioning like improving your emotional health, memory, and preventing conditions like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc.
- It helps in balancing your energy i.e. it invigorates when you are low on energy and helps to calm you when you are experiencing nervous energy or are too excitable.
- By improving your neurological functioning, this helps in creating a better mind-body connection. This helps in enhancing your productivity and creativity.
- Since you are calmer and begin to see things in perspective, practicing Yoni Mudra asana helps in bettering your interpersonal relationships.
- One of the most important Yoni Mudra benefits is that it helps in avoiding rash and impulsive behaviour's and decisions that may have long-term negative consequences for you.
How is Yoni Mudra done?
Here is a detailed step-by-step explanation of the Yoni Mudra technique:
- Start by sitting on a comfortable flat surface keeping your spine straight.
- Take a few deep breaths slowly as you become aware of your breathwork.
- Bring both your hands together and join the tips of both the thumbs together.
- Join the tips of both the index fingers and let your hands face downwards in the shape of an inverted Namaste.
- Slowly turn the small, middle, and ring fingers inwards and ensure that the back of the fingers is touching each other. This shape of your hands will start resembling that of a womb now.
- Press the tips of the thumbs together so that your index finger tips point towards your pelvis region.
- At this point you can incorporate pranayama to gain more benefits of Yoni Mudra. Let your breath fill your abdomen, rib cage, and chest.
- Practice this for at least 5 minutes three times a day.
What are some tips for practicing Yoni Mudra safely?
Though it is a very gentle yoga gesture, some things need to be kept in mind before performing Yoni Mudra. These include:
- Beginners must first learn the Yoni Mudra technique from an experienced trainer or by joining yoga classes near me. This helps in knowing the correct way to practice it and to gain the maximum benefits. You can also learn by looking at Yoni Mudra images for better understanding.
- Start slow and build upon this gesture gradually. Practicing it too much and too fast may do more harm than good.
- In order to experience its benefits, you should practice Yoni Mudra in a space that's calm and clean with no distractions. A space that's too cluttered or noisy will hinder your ability to calm your mind.
- Be consistent with this practice avoiding too many breaks in between.
- Never practice Yoni Mudra when you are under stress or feeling anxious.
- Don't practice Yoni Mudra when you have a fever or cold.
- If you have recently suffered from an injury to your arm, wrists, fingers, or shoulders, avoid practicing Yoni Mudra.
- Like any other yoga pose, this is best practiced during the early morning hours of say 4-6 am. This is when you have an empty stomach and bowels and have a fresh mind.
- To bring yourself into a meditative mindset, you can practice a few minutes of breathing exercises before you start Yoni Mudra.
- Yoni Mudra must be practiced in tandem with an overall healthy lifestyle and habits. This includes eating nutritious and healthy recipes, avoiding smoking and drinking, and keeping yourself active.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Shambhavi Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Parvatasana | Bakasana | Khechari Mudra Benefits | Padahastasana Benefits | Mandukasana | Gomukhasana | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra Benefits | Mayurasana | Dandasana | Balasana | Benefits Of Makarasana | Uttanasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Yoga For Anger Management | Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits | Bhujang Asana Is Good For Improving | Halasana | Yoga Mudrasana Benefits | Balayam Yoga Benefits | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Yoga in Bed for Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Benefits | Best Mantra for Meditation
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Superman Exercise Benefits | Sumo Deadlift | Side Plank Benefits | Walking Lunges Benefits | Kickbacks Exercise | Box Jumps | Air Squats | Does Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Body | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine | Dragon Flag | 5 Brain Exercises | Windshield Wipers Exercise Benefits | Push up Alternatives | Dumbbell Workout for Beginners
Search Terms For Fitness
Types Of Pranayama And Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Vajrasana Benefits For Male | Vakrasana Steps, Benefits And Precautions | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Vrischikasana Benefits