When Covid-19 struck the world, everyone understood the importance of a strong immune system. It became essential more than ever to ensure your respiratory system was strong and your body could fight the virus and cut down the risk of infection.
The nationwide lockdown also encouraged people to start home workouts to stay healthier and stronger. While some preferred exercise to increase stamina and immunity, others turned to yoga for increasing immunity. Today, the trend has not disappeared. In fact, more and more people are including physical activities in their daily routine to stay stronger against the ever-changing variants of Covid-19.
If you are also planning to start a healthy routine, we have a list of the best yoga for immunity. You can easily perform them at home and experience a better overall health. Keep reading to know more:
What Is Yoga For Immunity Boost
For centuries, yoga has been used as one of the most effective ways to boost immunity. The poses in yoga help in bringing harmony between mind and body and in this process, they build immunity.
Yoga asanas for immunity involve breathing exercises and stretching of the body that improves the blood circulation that stimulates the overall body functions. In addition, yoga also alleviates stress and strengthens the mind. This, in turn, also helps in improving the immune system.
Different Asanas To Do
While there are plenty of immunity booster yoga poses, we have mentioned only the top 5 poses. Let’s start:
- Anulom Vilom Pranayam or Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique
This is an ancient breathing technique that improves oxygen supply in the body and releases toxins. While doing this, you may experience healing physiological benefits. This is also one reason why it is considered one of the best yoga for immunity. It also improves your cardiovascular health and connects your body and mind.
- Sit with your back straight and legs crossed. Close your eyes and avoid thinking about anything.
- Now, use your right hand’s thumb and close your right nostril. Inhale deeply from the left nostril and hold it for 4 seconds. Close the left nostril with right hand’s ring finger and exhale from right nostril.
- Breath in with your right nostril and then close it. Hold the breath for 4 seconds and exhale from the left nostril.
- Repeat it in a reverse manner.
- Perform this yoga for immunity for at least one minute.
- Vrikshasana or Tree Pose
A seemingly simple yoga to increase immunity, Vrikshasana brings balance to your body and mind. It also ensures stronger legs and hips. Try this early in the morning on an empty stomach and increase your energy level too.
- Stand straight and shift your body weight to your left leg.
- Lift your right leg and place the right foot against the inside of your left thigh. Your right leg toes should be facing downwards.
- Inhale and join your palms in the prayer pose at chest level. Slowly, lift your arms overhead till there are completely stretched.
- Hold this position while breathing deeply.
- Release the pose after a while and repeat with your right leg.
- Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward-Bend Pose
This is another yoga for immunity boost that can be done by beginners too. This yoga is especially beneficial for those who have diabetes or high blood pressure. By performing this yoga on a regular basis, you can increase the blood circulation in the head and this results in higher relaxation and reduced depression and anxiety. All this again helps in boosting your immune system.
- Sit straight on the yoga mat and stretch your legs in front of you.
- Inhale and bend your torso so that your hands touch the toes. If it is not possible, just try to reach your legs with your hands as much as you can.
- Stay in this pose for at least 3 minutes and then release the pose.
- Matsyasana or Fish Pose
One of the best things about this yoga for immunity boost is that it stimulates your thyroid gland. It also removes toxins from the digestive system to prevent constipation or any digestive disorder.
- Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent, feet on the floor.
- Inhale and press your forearms and elbows and lift your upper body.
- Rest the weight of your body on your hips and forearms.
- Stay for 15 to 30 seconds, breathing smoothly, and then gently release the pose.
- Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
This yoga to improve immunity falls under Surya Namaskar (sun salutation). It opens your lungs, strengthens your spine, and improves your immunity. You can also do Bhujangasana to relieve stress and fatigue.
- Lie down on your stomach with legs pressed against each other
- Your hands should be directly beneath the shoulders, parallel to each other.
- Inhale and raise both your head and the torso by putting pressure on the floor with
- your lower body.
- Now, place your palms on the floor and lift your stomach and the chest while straightening your elbows.
- Pull your shoulders back and look straight.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
Benefits Of Doing Yoga For Immune System
If you thought that yoga asanas for immunity only work for the immune system, you are in for a surprise. These yoga poses can offer a plethora of benefits that not only strengthen your physical but mental health too. Some of the best benefits include:
- It can improve your respiratory system’s health and help in increasing the efficiency of your lungs.
- Yoga for immune system also calms down your mind and reduces anxiety levels.
- You are at a lower risk of getting infections such as cold, flu, and fever.
- Performing yoga for immunity boost also stretches your muscles and strengthens them.
- You can also alleviate issues such as back pain, neck pain, and even sciatica pain.
Some other benefits of doing yoga for increasing immunity are:
- Betters body posture and stability
- Helps in weight management
- Improves digestion
- Removes tiredness and fatigue
- Improves body awareness
Incorporate these immunity booster yoga poses in your daily routine and you can notice the difference in just a few weeks. However, it is essential that you perform these poses the right way.
In case you are a beginner and have no idea about yoga for immunity boost, learn it from a yoga expert. You can also take online classes of yoga to improve immunity or watch yoga videos online and do it at home.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Akarna | Bakasana | Apan Vayu | Vakrasana | Prana Mudra | Anxiety Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Bad Padmasana | Khechari Mudra | Balayam Benefits | About Garudasana | About Bhujangasana | How To Do Mayurasana | Bow Yoga Pose | Anger Control Yoga | Parvatasana Benefits | Yoga To Lose Belly Fat | Vayu Mudra Benefits | Benefits Of Doing Yoga | Benefits Of Dandasana | Padahastasana Benefits | Benefits Of Yoga Spiritually | 5 Benefits Of Balasana | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Barbel Curl | Arrow Shrugs | Kickback Exercise | Crunches Exercise | Cult Fit Swimming | Arnold Press Benefits | Best Cable Chest Exercises | Jaw Exercises For Jawline | Chest Exercises For Men | Dumbbell Forearm Exercises | Arm Wing Workout | Benefits Of Bridge Exercise | Back Superset Workout | Cable Pullover For Chest | How To Do Oblique Crunches | Easy Exercises To Increase Height
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis | Kapalbhati For Irregular Periods | Dark Circles Cause | Different Kinds Of Splits | 2 Benefits Of Gomukhasana | Barbell Landmine Shoulder Press | Procedure Of Uttanpadasana | Pranayama Types And Benefits | Band Workout For Inner Thighs | 5 Frozen Shoulder Exercises For Quick Relief | Can Skipping Help In Increasing Height