What is belly fat?
The fat around your abdomen is known as belly fat. There are two types of belly fat- subcutaneous (that sits directly under your skin) and visceral (that sits deeper around your organs such as liver, lungs, and heart).
Some of the most common causes of belly fat are having a high-calorie diet without expending those calories, hormonal imbalance, inadequate sleep, and your family history.
What is yoga for belly fat?
One of the most effective exercises that you can do is yoga for belly fat. Yoga to lose belly fat is an excellent way to lose weight from around your belly by creating a calorie deficit and preventing it from creeping back again.
As the name suggests, yoga asanas for belly fat are those that specifically aim at helping you build abdominal muscles and get slimmer around the abdomen.
Which are 10 of the best poses of yoga for belly fat?
Here is the list of the 10 best yoga poses to reduce belly fat.
Here are these yoga poses for belly fat explained in detail:
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): This is a great pose of yoga for belly fat that tones your abdominal muscles and helps you lose weight.
- Lie on your stomach with your arms by your side to start this pose of yoga to reduce belly.
- Inhale and bring your palms beneath your shoulder and lift your chest and head off the floor.
- Look towards your ceiling and hold the pose for 20-25 seconds.
- Navasana (Boat Pose): This yoga asana to reduce belly fat strengthens and tones your abdominal muscles leading to weight loss.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched to start this pose of yoga to reduce belly fat.
- Pull up your knees and tighten your thigh muscles.
- Slowly lift your feet off the ground to make a V-shape with your body.
- Keep the backbone straight and arms at shoulder height.
- Hold the pose for 10-12 seconds.
- Shalabhasana (Locust Pose): This yoga asana to reduce belly fat firms your belly muscles and burns belly fat.
- Lie on your stomach with arms by your side.
- Inhale and lift your legs.
- Stretch your abdominal muscles and hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend): This is one of the best asanas to reduce belly fat that works by stretching your belly and toning your muscles.
- To start this pose of yoga to lose belly fat sit straight and stretch your legs.
- Inhale and raise your arms slowly.
- Exhale and lean forward to touch your toes with your hands. Do this without bending your knees.
- Touch your head to your thighs and try holding your toes.
- Stay in this position for 20-30 seconds.
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose): This is one of the best yoga asanas for belly fat that gives your abdominal muscles a good stretch.
- To start this yoga to reduce belly, kneel down and slowly arch your torso backward.
- Use your arms to hold your ankles and support your body weight.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
- Pawanamuktasana (Wind relieving pose): Amongst the best asanas to reduce belly fat, this creates tension in your abdominal area that helps burn more calories.
- To start this yoga to reduce belly fat, lie on your back and fold your knees to bring them to your abdomen.
- Gently lift your head and bring your chin close to the knees.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge pose): One of the most effective yoga poses to reduce belly fat, this reduces the size of your belly by stretching your muscles.
- Lie on your back with your arms at the sides and soles flat on the ground.
- Gently lift your body by keeping your soles on the ground.
- Use your arms to balance your body.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and lower yourself.
- Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana (One-legged downward-facing dog pose): This is one of the best yoga poses for belly fat that tones your abdomen like nothing else.
- Start this yoga for the belly fat pose by getting into the downward dog pose.
- Slowly straighten one leg and lift it towards the ceiling.
- Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds, lower your leg, and repeat with the other leg.
- Kumbhakasana (The Plank): This is one of the simplest and the best yoga for belly fat that burns your abdominal fat quickly and tones your muscles.
- Lie on your stomach and lift your body while balancing it on straightened arms and toes.
- Direct your gaze ahead and hold the pose for 40-45 seconds.
- Baddha Konasana (Cobbler’s pose): This is one of the easiest yoga poses to lose belly fat that stimulates your abdominal muscles and improves your digestion.
- Sit with your spine erect with the soles of your feet facing each other.
- Push your soles together and grasp them for 30-40 seconds.
What are the benefits of yoga for belly fat?
Here are some of the most important benefits of yoga poses to lose belly fat:
- Poses of yoga to reduce belly fat in 1 week include weight-bearing poses that help build more muscle and expending calories, which makes you lose weight.
- Yoga helps you de-stress and reduce anxiety. This reduces the production of cortisol that aids weight loss.
- Yoga exercise to reduce belly fat enhances mindfulness. This helps balance your thoughts and builds your ability to resist binge eating.
- Yoga for weight loss boosts your metabolism.
How to do yoga for belly fat safely and avoid injuries?
- Learn the proper techniques of yoga for belly fat to avoid injuries.
- If you suffer from heart diseases, high blood pressure, or any injury, consult your doctor before doing yoga.
- For best yoga for belly fat results, maintain a good posture.
Yoga to reduce belly fat in 1 week will only work if you make holistic life changes like keeping yourself hydrated, reducing stress, and avoiding fatty foods. Stay happy and never have a negative body image.