What is belly fat?
The fat around your abdomen is known as belly fat. There are two types of belly fat- subcutaneous (that sits directly under your skin) and visceral (that sits deeper around your organs such as liver, lungs, and heart).
Some of the most common causes of belly fat are having a high-calorie diet without expending those calories, hormonal imbalance, inadequate sleep, and your family history.
One of the most effective exercises that you can do is yoga for belly fat. Yoga to lose belly fat is an excellent way to lose weight from around your belly by creating a calorie deficit and preventing it from creeping back again.
As the name suggests, yoga asanas for belly fat are those that specifically aim at helping you build abdominal muscles and get slimmer around the abdomen.
Which are 10 yoga asanas to reduce belly fat?
Here is the list of the 10 best yoga poses to reduce belly fat explained in detail:
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
This is a great pose of yoga for belly fat that tones your abdominal muscles and helps you lose weight.
Steps involved in Bhujangasana:
- Lie on your stomach with your arms by your side to start this pose of yoga to reduce belly.
- Inhale and bring your palms beneath your shoulder and lift your chest and head off the floor.
- Look towards your ceiling and hold the pose for 20-25 seconds.
2. Navasana (Boat Pose)
Navasana yoga asana to reduce belly fat strengthens and tones your abdominal muscles leading to weight loss.
Steps involved in Navasana:
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched to start this pose of yoga to reduce belly fat.
- Pull up your knees and tighten your thigh muscles.
- Slowly lift your feet off the ground to make a V-shape with your body.
- Keep the backbone straight and arms at shoulder height.
- Hold the pose for 10-12 seconds.
3. Shalabhasana (Locust Pose)
Shalabhasana yoga asana to reduce belly fat firms your belly muscles and burns belly fat.
Steps involved in Shalabhasana:
- Lie on your stomach with arms by your side.
- Inhale and lift your legs.
- Stretch your abdominal muscles and hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
4. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Paschimottanasana is one of the best asanas to reduce belly fat that works by stretching your belly and toning your muscles.
Steps involved in Paschimottanasana:
- To start this pose of yoga to lose belly fat sit straight and stretch your legs.
- Inhale and raise your arms slowly.
- Exhale and lean forward to touch your toes with your hands. Do this without bending your knees.
- Touch your head to your thighs and try holding your toes.
- Stay in this position for 20-30 seconds.
5. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Ustrasana is one of the best yoga asanas for belly fat that gives your abdominal muscles a good stretch.
Steps involved in Ustrasana:
- To start this yoga to reduce belly, kneel down and slowly arch your torso backward.
- Use your arms to hold your ankles and support your body weight.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds.
6. Pawanamuktasana (Wind relieving pose)
Amongst the best asanas to reduce belly fat, this creates tension in your abdominal area that helps burn more calories.
Steps involved in Pawanamuktasana:
- To start this yoga to reduce belly fat, lie on your back and fold your knees to bring them to your abdomen.
- Gently lift your head and bring your chin close to the knees.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds and return to the starting position.
7. Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge pose)
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana is one of the most effective yoga poses to reduce belly fat, this reduces the size of your belly by stretching your muscles.
Steps involved in Setu Bandha Sarvangasana:
- Lie on your back with your arms at the sides and soles flat on the ground.
- Gently lift your body by keeping your soles on the ground.
- Use your arms to balance your body.
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds and lower yourself.
8. Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana (One-legged downward-facing dog pose)
This is one of the best yoga poses for belly fat that tones your abdomen like nothing else.
Steps involved in Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana:
- Start this yoga for the belly fat pose by getting into the downward dog pose.
- Slowly straighten one leg and lift it towards the ceiling.
- Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds, lower your leg, and repeat with the other leg.
9. Kumbhakasana (The Plank)
This is one of the simplest and the best yoga for belly fat that burns your abdominal fat quickly and tones your muscles.
Steps involved in Kumbhakasana:
- Lie on your stomach and lift your body while balancing it on straightened arms and toes.
- Direct your gaze ahead and hold the pose for 40-45 seconds.
10. Baddha Konasana (Cobbler’s pose)
Baddha Konasana is one of the easiest yoga poses to lose belly fat that stimulates your abdominal muscles and improves your digestion.
Steps involved in Baddha Konasana:
- Sit with your spine erect with the soles of your feet facing each other.
- Push your soles together and grasp them for 30-40 seconds.
What are the benefits of yoga for belly fat?
Here are some of the most important benefits of yoga poses to lose belly fat:
- Poses of yoga to reduce belly fat in 1 week include weight-bearing poses that help build more muscle and expending calories, which makes you lose weight.
- Yoga helps you de-stress and reduce anxiety. This reduces the production of cortisol that aids weight loss.
- Yoga exercise to reduce belly fat enhances mindfulness. This helps balance your thoughts and builds your ability to resist binge eating.
- Yoga for weight loss boosts your metabolism.
How to do yoga for belly fat safely and avoid injuries?
- Learn the proper techniques of yoga for belly fat to avoid injuries.
- If you suffer from heart diseases, high blood pressure, or any injury, consult your doctor before doing yoga.
- For best yoga for belly fat results, maintain a good posture.
Yoga to reduce belly fat in 1 week will only work if you make holistic life changes like keeping yourself hydrated, reducing stress, and avoiding fatty foods. Stay happy and never have a negative body image.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Ardha Siddhasana Isha Yoga | How to Do Jnana Yoga | Yoga Asanas to Reduce Buttocks | Yoga Poses for Flat Stomach | Does Hatha Yoga Tone Your Body | Meaning of Raja Yoga | Yoganidrasana Steps |Benefits of Akarna Dhanurasana | Ardha Chandrasana Also Known As | Information About Baddha Padmasana | Chakrasana for Beginners | Trikonasana and Its Benefits |Nava Asana | Benefits of Parsvottanasana | Step of Salabhasana | Salabhasana Precautions| List Down the Steps of Naukasana | Vajrasana Variations |Upavistha Konasana Benefits | Garudasana and Its Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Back Workout With Dumbbells |Benefits of Pullover | Chest and Back Gym Exercises | Sumo Squats for Knock Knees | Bicycle Exercise | Low to High Cable Fly | Central Chest Exercises | Chest Workouts for Men | Cardio Exercises for Belly Fat Loss | Benefits of Free Hand Exercise | Hand Fat Loss Exercises at Home | Anulom | Improve Reading Habit | Bunny Hops Exercise Benefits | Side Lunges With Dumbbells | Stretches for Front Splits | Creating Inner Peace | Revolved Triangle Pose | Benefits of Leg Curl | Standing Exercises for Belly Fat | Trapezitis Causes
Top Search Terms Fitness
Facts on Meditation | How to Grow Beard Faster | Where Should One Place the Thumb for Shanmukhi Mudra | Weight Loss Meals | How Often to Do Chit Shakti Meditation |How to Grow Beard Naturally at Home | Is Jumping Jacks Good for Weight Loss |Uttanpadasana Benefits and Precautions | Virasana Pose Benefits | How to Do Sumo Squat