Unhealthy food choices and a sedentary lifestyle are the main causes of weight gain among millions of people. Even those who are weight conscious find themselves struggling with belly fat since a flat stomach is not easy to achieve.
To get the best results, you need proper exercise for weight loss and a balanced diet. It also requires a lot of lifestyle changes. In this article, we are going to focus on the workout plan. We have jotted down some of the best standing exercises you can do even at home.
This list of standing exercises also includes standing back exercises for seniors and standing abs workout for beginners. So, no matter what your fitness level is, there is an exercise to reduce belly fat for you. Let’s get started.
What Are the 5 Easy Standing Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat?
1) Toe Touch
This is probably the easiest and most popular standing exercise to reduce belly fat. A standing toe touch exercise can also be used as a warmup exercise before you begin a standing workout. But no matter what, you must include a standing toe touch exercise to ensure a flat belly and strong ab. The workout also stretches your whole body to alleviate any tension or strain in the muscles.
How to do this standing Toe Touch workout?
- Stand straight while maintaining a straight spine with your feet together.
- Inhale deeply and raise your arms overhead.
- Gently stretch and bend down to touch your toes as you exhale.
- Hold the pose for 10-15 seconds and follow the reverse steps.
- Do 3 sets.
Tip: If you are not looking for easy standing exercises, you can also try toe touch modifications such as alternate toe touches or sitting toe touches.
2) March With Twist
As the name explains itself, you have to move with high knees but with a twist. This may not be a popular standing twist exercise but it can give a nice workout for your abs. This is a type of cardio workout you can add to your standing abs workout for beginners.
How to do this standing twist exercise?
- Stand straight with a hip-width distance between the legs. Your arms should be overhead.
- Now, inhale and lift leg left, twist your waist and touch the right elbow with left knee.
- Quickly return the leg and hand back to the initial position.
- Repeat the same twisting movement with your right leg and left elbow.
- Do this for at least 1 minute.
3) Front Leg Raise
If you want a standing leg lifts exercise that is not too difficult, front leg raise is a good option. This standing ab workout helps in toning the front side of your stomach and reducing belly fat. In case you cannot maintain your balance during this standing workout, you can also use a wall or sturdy chair for support.
How to do this standing leg lifts exercise?
- Stand straight and keep your hands on the waist or just hold on to a chair or wall for support.
- Now, raise your right leg forward so that it reaches the level of your abdomen,
- Hold for a second and lower the leg.
- Then raise the left leg to the same level and lower it.
- Keep alternating the legs at least 10 times.
- Do about 3 sets.
Tip: To make this exercise For beginners a bit more challenging, try to touch your toes as you raise them. Use alternate hands to touch the toes.
4) Standing Hip Abduction
It is time for another one of the easy standing exercises. Standing hip abduction or a standing abductor exercise can be done with a chair. You can also use a resistance band or use standing abductor machine if you want to do standing exercises for belly fat in a gym.
How to do this Standing Hip Abduction exercise?
- Stand straight with a shoulder wide distance between your feet. You can have a chair or wall for support.
- Engage your core and lift your left leg out to the side of your body and then return,
- Repeat the movement with the right leg.
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps.
5) Standing Triceps Extension
So far, we have discussed standing ab exercises that required no equipment. Now, let’s focus on standing exercises for weight loss that need simple equipment like dumbbells. A standing triceps extension, for instance, is done with a dumbbell. It can also be called an overhead press. It not only tones your triceps but also targets your abs. This is why you would often find it in the list of best standing exercises for belly fat.
How to do standing triceps extension?
- Stand straight with your feet at least shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell with both hands and raise it over your head.
- Inhale and lower the dumbbells behind your head in an arc.
- Hold for a while and raise it up again.
Other than the standing exercises we have mentioned before, you can also try other workouts. These standing ab exercises include:
- Kettlebell Swings
- Standing Cat-Cow
- Single-Leg Deadlift
- Standing Bicycle Crunches
- Standing Calf Raise Exercise
What are the safety precautions while performing Standing Exercises?
Whether you are doing a simple standing exercise to reduce belly fat or a tough one, there are some precautions you should always keep in mind. These will ensure that you can perform the standing belly exercises without any injury or stress:
- If you experience any pain when you are doing exercises while standing, stop and reassess. If the pain does not stop, do not continue standing exercises and consult a doctor.
- Do not eat heavy meals before any standing back exercises for seniors or even adults.
- Avoid rushing the movements even when you are doing standing calf raise exercise to ensure that your muscles get worked up effectively.
- Do not hold your breath, especially when trying exercises for senior citizens, as it can tire you quickly and reduce blood circulation.
- Avoid overdoing exercises while standing as it can lead to injury or muscle sprain.
- If you are a beginner, it is suggested to learn the best way to do standing exercises from an expert trainer.
- Always compliment the standing ab exercises with a low-calorie diet to reduce fat.
Done reading? It is time to start your weight loss journey with the best standing exercises. But always keep in mind that workouts don’t work in isolation. You would need to make changes in your lifestyle and eating habits as well. If you are really focused on shedding the extra kgs, you can also talk to a fitness expert and chart out a customized weight loss plan.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Akarna Dhanurasana | Ardha Chandrasana Precautions | Siddhasana Follow-up Poses | Baddha Padmasana Meaning | Jnana Yoga Benefits | Shanmukhi Mudra Benefits | Yoga for Flat Tummy | Yoga Poses to Reduce Buttocks | Tips for Hatha Yoga | Virasana Strengthens | Yoga Nidrasana | Upavistha Konasana Meaning | Uttanpadasana Benefits | Steps of Salabhasana | What Is Navasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Back Workout at Home With Dumbbells | Side Dumbbell Pullover | Exercise for Knock Knees | Chest Back Superset | Bicycle Abs Exercise | High to Low Cable Fly | Inner Chest Workouts | Best Chest Workout for Men | Can Cardio Help Lose Belly Fat | Sumo Squat | Eagle Exercise Benefits | Jumping Jacks for Weight Loss | Alternating Side Lunges | Middle Split Training | How to Do Chakrasana | Bunny Hops Benefits | Trapezitis
Search Terms For Fitness
Beard Growth Foods | Amazing Facts About Meditation | Diet Plan for Weight Loss | Spiritual Benefits of Yoga | Benefits Best Free Hand Exercise | How to Reduce Hands |Science Behind Anulom Vilom | Habit of Reading Never Leaves Alone | Trikonasana Helps to Improve | How to Grow Beard Faster Naturally at Home | Inner Peace Meditation | Parivrtta Trikonasana Steps | Parsvottanasana Benefits | Raji Yoga Fitness | 12 Salabhasana Is a Locust Posture | Leg Curl Exercise Benefits | List Down the Step for Naukasana With Two Benefits | Supta Vajrasana Benefits