If there’s one fitness goal that the majority of people in the world are working towards, it is to reduce belly fat. As we age, fat starts collecting along the waistline. This is generally because as we age muscle mass decreases and fat increases. Belly fat can also be a result of poor lifestyle choices and may also have various health risks and diseases associated with it.
If you have belly fat, it is important that you work on reducing it. One of the major pillars of doing this is by doing cardio exercises for belly fat. Studies show that doing cardio exercises for belly fat and liver fat helps in reducing it. In this article, we will discuss everything that you should know about cardio for belly fat loss.
How Much Cardio Exercises Do You Need For Belly Fat Loss
If you are looking to work on reducing and controlling your belly fat, you should do cardio for belly fat loss. It is a good idea to include at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise or cardio to reduce belly fat in your daily routine.
Types of Cardio Exercises for Belly Fat Loss
There are various cardio exercises to reduce belly fat that you can try. Here is a list of the various cardio exercises to reduce belly fat that you can indulge in. You can do many of these cardio exercises to lose belly fat at home.
- Walking or Running: Walking or running at a moderate pace is a sure-shot way of burning calories and fat. It is not just the best cardio to burn belly fat but is also the most economical way to burn fat and maintain muscle. It is great cardio for belly fat activity that can be easily incorporated into your daily routine and can help burn that fat around your waistline. You can choose to walk or run outdoors in nature as that would not just be great cardio for belly fat but is also great for mental health. Alternatively, you can choose to run on a treadmill. If you’re running on a treadmill to get your cardio for belly fat, set the incline to 2% to 3% to stimulate running outside. This will also help you burn more calories.
- Elliptical Trainer: Elliptical trainer is also one of the best cardio to burn belly fat. The Elliptical trainer was originally designed to minimize the impact on the hips and knees while allowing a great cardio workout for belly fat. While the impact of the elliptical trainer is quite low, it has a great calorie-burning effect. The machine also comes with a host of settings so you can also get more out of it by switching up the speed, resistance, and intensity. Activate more leg and glutes muscles by adding a high incline. This is great cardio for belly fat.
- Cycling: One of the main equipment in every gym, cycling is another great way to burn those calories and get rid of belly fat. You can practice it on a stationary cycle at the gym or home or go bicycling outdoors. It is a great idea to do interval training on a stationary bike. This is a great way to maximize your calorie-burning in the least amount of time. Keep cycling at a high intensity on the intervals for a couple of minutes, then slow down for a minute or so. Repeat this for as long as you can to get the maximum benefit from your cycling cardio sessions.
- Jump Rope: A mainstay in every boxer’s training program, the jumping rope is one of the best cardio for belly fat burning. Jumping rope is cheap, easy to do, increases foot speed, and burns lots of calories. Jumping rope has a host of benefits. This cardio for belly fat does not just enhance your footwork, but also increases shoulder strength and coordination and stimulates sprinting. It is a great idea to do intervals of fast and slow jumps when doing jumping rope training. Jumping rope requires minimal equipment and is an easy cardio exercises to lose belly fat at home and on the go.
- Swimming: Swimming is a great total body workout and a great cardio exercise to shed belly fat. The workout begins the second you start treading in water. When swimming, you are essentially fighting gravity to stay afloat causing your muscles to work extra hard without getting a break until you’re out of the water. This makes swimming helpful in burning tons of calories. You should remember that the type of strokes you do makes a difference. It is a good idea to incorporate a number of different kinds of strokes in your training. If you aren’t a strong swimmer, it is a good idea for you to try swimming intervals. Swim down the length of the pool and back as fast as you can and then swim slower for the same distance. Another easy way of burning calories in the water is to simply tread water. You can do a few laps of swimming and then do water treading intervals before repeating.
- Sprinting: The best cardio for belly fat loss is Sprinting. Whether on the treadmill or outside, sprints are a great way to burn the most calories in the least amount of time. This cardio for belly fat requires no equipment and can be done just anywhere. Sprinting is a simple cardio exercise that burns huge amounts of calories and tops the list when looking to shed stubborn belly fat. When sprinting outside, it is a good idea to sprint a lap and then jog a lap. If you’re sprinting on a treadmill, sprint for 20-30 seconds and then slow the belt down and jog for a minute or so before repeating to get the most out of this very effective cardio exercise.
Which Cardio Exercise Should You Do For Belly Fat Loss
As there are so many options in cardio to reduce belly fat, it can get confusing to figure out what to try. The best cardio to burn belly fat is the one you enjoy and do consistently. When choosing a cardio workout for belly fat, make sure that you are motivated to do that workout and that you are looking forward to it.
Now that you know all this information, make sure to do these cardio exercises to lose belly fat at home gym, or outdoors. Getting rid of belly fat is important to build a healthy body and cardio for belly fat will help you do just that.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Padmasana | Ashwani Mudra | Hair Growth Mudra | Benefits of Mandukasana | Scorpion Pose Yoga | How to Do Yoga Nidra | How to Do Shambhavi Mahamudra | Mudra for Gas | Anger Management Yoga | Uses of Vajrasana | Parvatasana (mountain Pose) | How to Do Mayurasana Step by Step |Om Mani Padme Hum Benefits in Hindi | Padahastasana Steps and Benefits | Chaturanga Benefits | Halasana Steps and Benefits | Psychic Union Pose | Types of Pranayama and Their Benefits | How to Do Khechari Mudra | Best Mudra for Depression | Makarasana Improves |Kriya Yoga Exercises | What Is Surya Mudra | What Are the Benefits of Prana Mudra | What Is Uttanasana |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Aquats | |Deadlift Exercise Benefits | Archer Push Up | Crane Pose | Hrithik Roshan Fitness | Side Plank Dips | Skipping Rope Benefits for Height | Windshield Wipers Abs | Walking Lunges Workout | Chiseled Body Woman | Superman Exercise Target Muscles | Dragon Flag Exercise Benefits | Activities to Boost Creativity | Glute Kickback Benefits | Lateral Box Jumps | Can Yin Yoga Help You Lose Weight | Bicep Workout Routine With Dumbbells |
Search Terms For Fitness
Apan Mudra for Digestion | Bhujangasana Muscles Involved | Vipassana Weight Loss | Yoga to Improve Blood Circulation in Brain | How to Make Yoni Mudra | Precautions of Vakrasana | Gomukhasana Is Helpful in Which Disease? | Parsva Balasana Benefits | Balayam Exercise Benefits |