Yoga is a well-known way of building good health and curing a number of diseases. One can indeed understand the reasons why the ancient art of simple yoga asanas is so popular in modern times when there are many other options to achieve good health. Not only is performing easy yoga asanas 100% natural, but it is also an easy option for people of every age and expertise. There are many easy yoga asanas that can be performed even by kids or aged people. One does not need to be super flexible for performing basic asanas. Apart from general health, you can also do simple asanas for specific health problems. For example, you can do yoga for tight neck and shoulders or losing weight. We have curated a list of 5 easy yoga asanas for you. These are basic yoga asanas for beginners that do not require expertise.
Easy Yoga Asanas for Beginners to Try
Tadasana is undoubtedly one of the most easy yoga asanas for beginners. In the Sanskrit language, the word Tada means mountain, and the word asana means posture. So, tadasana basically means to stand straight like a mountain. While teaching yoga for beginners, yoga gurus teach this asana as one of the first easy asanas since it forms a foundation for other standing asanas.While you do the asana, your lower limbs are to be invoked. The lower limbs are to be controlled all the time to avoid any kind of hypertension or knee injuries. You can do this asana either empty stomach in the morning or five to six hours after you had your meal at any time of the day.Step-By-Step Instructions
- Stand straight with joined feet and touching toes. Keep your hands firmly attached to the sides of your body.
- While making sure that your lower belly does not get hardened, lift your kneecaps.
- While you lift your ankles, try to strengthen their inner arches.
- Take a deep breath and stretch your arms and chest upwards.
- Hold this Tadasana pose for a few seconds. Now, release the body while exhaling out.
Commonly, Uttanasana is known as Hasta Padasana and Standing Forward Bend. Like most of the other basic yoga asanas, the name of this asana comes from Sanskrit. When translated to English, its name means the most powerful pose. This is a perfect asana for people who want to yoga for flexibility. Apart from stretching your muscles, it is also good for the liver, digestive system, and kidneys. The symptoms of medical conditions like headache and insomnia also get treated with Uttanasana.Step-By-Step Instructions
- Stand in the Tadasana position as described in the previous yoga asana.
- Bend your body at the waist while exhaling.
- Try to place the hands on the yoga mat. If you can touch the floor or mat, push your hands as forward as possible.
- Lift your tailbone and push your torso towards the floor.
- Hold this Uttanasana pose for a few seconds. Now, release the body while exhaling out.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana is commonly known as downward-facing dog yoga. A common asana among the most basic yoga asanas, Adho Mukha Svanasana is the perfect yoga for kids. People who want to do yoga for lower back pain can also try Adho Mukha Svanasana since it makes your spine healthy. If there is any kind of stress or tension in your spine, this asana helps in removing that stress. You will feel energized after doing Adho Mukha Svanasana.Step-By-Step Instructions
- Come onto your four limbs like a quadrupedal animal.
- Lift your knees until your both legs become straight. Make sure that you are not in pain while lifting your legs.
- Gradually, move your legs backward and your hands forward. This will create a V shape of your body.
- This is the position of Adho Mukha Svanasana in which your hip is higher than your head.
- Hold this position for seconds (without being uncomfortable or bearing any pain) and release after a few seconds.
One of the most simple yoga asanas, Bhujangasana is very helpful in keeping your reproductive, urinary, and digestive systems healthy. Because of the shape of the body in the pose, this asana is also called Cobra pose in English. Apart from the above-mentioned vital systems, Bhujangasana is one of those easy asanas that are helpful in giving relief to your back. If you want to try some easy yoga asanas for opening your throat and chest, you can try this asana.Step-By-Step Instructions
- Lie die down on a yoga mat, with your stomach facing the mat.
- Stretch out your legs and place both elbows on your side.
- Gradually, lift your chest in a way that your bodyweight gets placed on your elbows.
- This is the Bhujangasana position. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Release the position after taking a deep breath.
If you are one of those people who are planning to do some easy yoga asanas that do not require much stretching of muscles, Balasana is the perfect pose for you. In English, this yoga pose is called the child's pose since it imitates the position of a child in the mother's womb. This is one of those simple asanas that can be done when you are fatigued after doing a number of other heavy asanas.Step-By-Step Instructions
- Come onto your four limbs like a quadrupedal animal.
- Bring your feet closer and make your knees a little wide.
- Place your abdominal area or the stomach on the thighs and buttocks on both your feet.
- Touch your forehead to the yoga mat and place your hands with legs with the palms facing the sky.
It is very important to become conscious of your health and do something to make it better. And there is nothing better and easy than doing some basic yoga asanas. Whether you feel it's a requirement or not, doing easy yoga asanas regularly can also keep a number of diseases at bay. So, wait no more and pick your mat for doing some easy yoga asanas.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Types Of Yoga | Kukkutasana | Hanumanasana | Karnapidasana | Rajakapotasana | Setu Bandhasana | Benefits Of Yoga | Upavistha Konasana | Chaturanga Dandasana | Four Limbed Staff Pose | Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sprawls | Front Press | T Bar Row | Side Crunch | Bench Dips | Half Burpee | Push Press | Pendlay Rows | Jump Squats | Pulse Squat | Shoulder Taps | Reverse Curl | Skaters Exercise | Chair Exercises | Anaerobic Exercise | Abduction Exercise | Plank To Pushup | Farmers Walk |Overhead Squat | Weighted Crunch | Dumbbell Snatch | Rope Pushdown | Renegade Rows | Windmill Exercise | Dumbbell Curls | Side Lateral Raise | Kettlebell Swings | Barbell Bicep Curl
Top Search Terms Fitness
Body Transformation | One Arm Dumbbell Row | Exercises To Reduce Neck Pain | Exercise To Relieve Back Pain | Regular Arm Workout | Fast Fat Burning Exercises | Chest Supported Row | Incline Dumbbell Curl | Benefits Of Cycling | Benefits Of Walking | Top 10 Abs Workout | Muscle Gain Exercises | Yoga Poses For Butt