Who doesn't like the cool icy comfort of ice cream in summer? But like any other sweet treat, ice creams are eaten in excess leading to piling up of calories that lead to weight gain and other health issues. But you don't have to despair anymore. The answer to enjoying this cool summer treat without guilt is sugar-free ice creams. These sugar-free ice creams are the ones that are made with low-calorie sweeteners that act as substitutes for actual sugar. Or they could be ice creams that are made with ingredients that are low on fats like coconut milk, fresh fruits, low-fat milk, honey, jaggery, low-fat cream, etc. These sugar-free ice creams are especially good for people who have diabetes, and who can enjoy this delicious dessert without compromising their health. However, when you are buying these sugar-free ice creams, you need to look at other ingredients too carefully to ensure that the sugarless ice cream that you are purchasing doesn't have a high saturated fat content. To ensure that you are snacking right, we have rounded up some of the best sugar-free homemade ice cream recipes for you to try at home this summer. These sugarless ice cream recipes are not only easy and fun to make but also ensure that you are consuming only the freshest ingredients.
Read on to try the most popular recipes for sugar-free ice cream online
1) Lychee Ice Cream
This super fresh no sugar ice cream is the perfect summer treat. Made with natural sweeteners like honey and fresh fruit, this is one of the best sugar-free ice cream recipes that you can try at home.
- Roast cashews till they turn golden brown. Blend them into a coarse powder once they cool down.
- Peel and deseed the lychees and piece them into small chunks.
- Blend half of these lychees, cashew powder, honey, coconut milk, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Add rose petals to this smooth mixture and the leftover lychee chunks.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Scoop out to serve.
2) Sugar-free Chocolate Ice Cream
A childhood favourite made super healthy! This homemade ice cream recipe has the goodness of milk and uses jaggery instead of white sugar.
- Heat milk in a saucepan till it reduces to half of its original quantity.
- Combine jaggery powder, dark cocoa powder, and chopped dark chocolate and mix well.
- Add the reduced milk to these dry ingredients and whisk to get a smooth consistency.
- Add fresh cream and mix again.
- Once the mixture cools down, freeze it for 5-6 hours.
- Scoop it before serving and garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve.
3) Sesame Chocolate Ice Cream
Sesame is one of the most fun twists to add to the all-time-favourite chocolate ice cream in this sugar-free ice cream recipe. This homemade ice cream recipe not only has a nutty taste but also has minimal calories.
- Slice bananas and freeze them overnight.
- Soak dates in water for around 10-15 minutes and deseed them.
- Add 2 cups of frozen banana in a blender along with the soaked dates and blend till you get a creamy mixture.
- Add to this cocoa powder, tahini paste, and a pinch of salt. Blend again until smooth.
- You can serve this immediately or freeze it for later use.
- Garnish this delicious homemade sugar-free ice cream with tahini paste before serving.
4) Sugar-free strawberry ice cream
This sugar-free ice cream is a delicious burst of flavours that would not make you feel guilty also while enjoying a scoop or two, making it one of the best sugar-free ice creams. This low-fat sugar-free ice cream is made with slim milk and sugar substitutes to cut the calories in it.
- Mix cornflour in half of the cold milk and keep it aside.
- Bring the remaining milk to a boil and add the cornflour and milk mixture to it.
- Cool this completely and add the sugar substitute and chopped strawberries.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Blend the frozen sugar-free ice cream till you get a creamy consistency and freeze again.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
5) Diabetic ice cream with fresh bananas
The sugar-free banana ice cream recipe is not only super easy but extremely light and delicious too. This is one of the easiest to make ice cream recipes at home.
- Slice and freeze bananas overnight.
- Once they are fully frozen, blend them to make them into a smooth paste.
- Add fresh raspberries and a pinch of cinnamon and blend again.
- Freeze this mixture for 5-6 hours.
- Scoop and serve with chopped raspberries.
6) Diabetic ice cream with vanilla
One of the best diabetic ice cream options, this has zero added sugar and oodles of taste.
- Blend heavy whipping cream, slim milk, sugar substitute, and vanilla extract till you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Freeze this blend overnight.
- Scoop out this sugar-free ice cream before serving and serve with fresh fruit like banana or strawberries.
7) Avocado sugarless ice cream
This is one of the best homemade ice cream recipes, this uses natural sweetening ingredients that make it super healthy.
- Blend ripe avocados, fresh mint leaves, lemon juice, coconut milk, ripe banana, and maple syrup till you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours and serve topped with chocolate chips.
8) Raspberry flavoured sugar-free ice cream
There is no substitute for the taste of fresh berries in ice cream. This decadent sugarless ice cream is a must-try this summer at home.
- Add raspberries into a non-sticking pot and simmer until the berries have broken down.
- Add heavy cream to this and bring this mixture to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar substitute.
- Use a double boiler to heat this egg mixture and slowly add the raspberry and cream mixture.
- Keep stirring for 7-8 minutes till this mixture thickens to a creamy consistency,
- Let this cool down and freeze it for around 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with chopped raspberries and mint leaves.
9) Mint flavoured sugar-free ice cream
This is one of the best options for ice cream recipes at home that is as delicious as it is healthy! This sugar-free ice cream recipe has no dairy or sugars.
- Combine heavy whipping cream and almond milk and heat for a couple of minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine unsweetened almond milk, egg yolks, peppermint flavoured syrup, mint extract, and sugar substitute.
- Add to this the cream and almond milk mixture.
- Heat for one minute while stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Scoop and serve garnished with mint leaves and chocolate chips.
10) Sugar-free ice cream with mango
This sugar-free mango ice cream recipe with popular with children and adults alike for its amazingly fresh flavour. This homemade ice cream recipe uses jaggery instead of sugar and the goodness of fresh cream.
- Make mango puree with fresh mango pieces.
- Transfer this puree to a bowl and add fresh cream. Mix well to get a creamy mix.
- Add saffron and crushed pistachios.
- Add a little bit of honey to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well and freeze for 5-6 hours.
Scoop and serve this delicious sugar-free ice cream with crushed pistachios, fresh mango pieces, and honey.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam | Bakasana | Jnana Yoga | Chakrasana | Naukasana | Vakrasana | Siddhasana | Kurmasana | Gomukhasana | Parsvottanasana | Salabhasana | Mayurasana | Astavakrasana | Anantasana | Kukkutasana | Uttanpadasana | Purvottanasana | Kukkutasana | Karnapidasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Karnapidasana | Garudasana | Parvatasana | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra | Prithvi Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Supta Vajrasana | Baddha Padmasana | Shanmukhi Mudra | Yoga Mudrasana | Shambhavi Mudra | Akarna Dhanurasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Top Search Terms For Fitness