What Does Yoga Poses for Thigh Mean?
Yoga is an ancient practice comprising specific body poses, breathing techniques and meditation. Yoga poses for the thigh are meant to tone and firm up the thigh muscles and strengthen this area of your body.
What Are Yoga Poses for Thigh?
We have all heard about yoga for weight loss. Either by doing Surya Namaskar or some other form of yoga that suits our body. There are various forms of Kid yoga present as well, for the kind of mild fitness regime that kids would need. The fat that accumulates in our thigh region is extremely stubborn to get rid of. Even though it takes time and rigorous practice, yoga to reduce thigh fat is one of the most effective ways out there. Yoga for slim thighs are effective when you practice poses best suited for your body. Ensure your body is getting attuned to as a part of your regime for yoga to reduce thigh fat. The aim is to develop overall fitness for your body but for some people, the main goal would be to yoga to reduce buttocks and thighs, as the fat around those regions does not get shed easily.
Why are Yoga poses for Thigh important?
Your thigh muscles are load bearing - they carry the weight of your upper body. Hence, it is important to keep them strong and in shape. The right yoga poses will provide a lot more strength to your thigh after you have done yoga. Your thighs will feel much more toned and in shape. There will be greater flexibility as well in the thigh region.
What are the different types of Yoga poses to Reduce Thigh Fat?
Various yoga poses for thigh include:
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana - Also called bridge pose, it involves holding yourself up with just the legs while lying on your back
- Utkatsana - This is the chair pose, where you are in a seated position, but not actually sitting on a chair.
- Virabhadrasana - The warrior pose involves widening your legs, stretching out both your arms wide, and bedding one knee while stretching the other leg backwards
- Baddha Konasana - The butterfly pose involves sitting on the floor with the soles of your feet in front of you, and facing each other. You then flap your thighs up and down like the wings of a butterfly.
Different Yoga poses for the thighs to fit into your day-to-day life
There are plenty of poses and ways, especially curated for doing yoga to reduce thigh fat, some of the poses might even help in doing yoga to reduce thighs in 2 weeks. It depends on how disciplined you are in practicing and acing the necessary poses designated for yoga to reduce thigh fat. Let us have a look at a few of the key poses in yoga to reduce thighs or yoga for hips and thighs. The mentioned poses have a mix of sitting and standing yoga postures that can be effective:
1. Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
One of the most effective poses in yoga to reduce thighs is this one, it is very easy to do this pose as all you need to do bending your knees and then lowering your buttocks a bit it needs to look like you are attaining a posture of sitting on a chair. Stretch your arms as high as you can above your head and inhale and exhale slowly.
2. Virabhadrasana II
This yoga to reduce thigh fat is very effective as it requires one to widen their legs as much as possible so that the necessary stretching takes place and the pressure is exerted on your thighs. This yoga for thigh fat needs you to keep your left leg, firmly placed flat on the ground, the right heel needs to be turned with the toes pointed towards the outer side. Both your feet need to form one straight line. The final step needs you to lower your hip region and stretch out your arms on either side to make it parallel with your shoulder line.
Be it yoga for thigh fat, or for any other purpose out of the many benefits that yoga entails, all the poses begin with the person standing erect with their back straight. This yoga to reduce thigh fat also begins in the same way, when you are required to lift your right foot first and then move it back, then touch the toes of the right foot lifted and stretch as much as possible. The pressure is exerted on the thighs as you stretch and stay in that position for some time. This yoga for the thigh involves a lot of stretching, always make sure that the foot you swing back is always parallel to the ground level below to attain the form.
4. Upavistha Konasana
Another yoga for thigh is this pose with an almost similar way of performing it. However one key change in this yoga to reduce thigh fat I that you need to be sitting on the ground and not standing. Widen your legs as much as possible and then bring the palms of both your hands to the center. Bend down and extend towards the center where you have placed your arms so that your torso looks leveled to the ground. As you stretch and bend forwards, your chin and head are the last and nearest to your palms. Breathe slowly as you stretch and then lift your body again, last step in this yoga to reduce thigh fat is to bring your feet together again.
5. Janu Sirsasana
This pose under yoga to reduce thigh fat also needs you to begin with a sitting posture. This yoga for the thigh focuses a lot on strengthening your torso region. The first step needs you to fold your left knee and touch and stress a bit on your right thigh. Next, begin by stretching your arms above your head, and then as you bend your torso, the arms need to touch your foot. Inhale & exhale as you do this and then release your breath.
What are the Benefits of Yoga To Reduce Thigh Fat?
Yoga to reduce thigh fat has a list of benefits :
- They help in toning and building the necessary muscles through stretching, they also tone legs and strengthen the thigh region.
- Mostly the benefits are for the overall flexibility in legs, but the yoga to reduce thigh fat known as Virabhadrasana II works wonders in the inner thigh region. The muscle groups benefit a lot from this pose.
- Another pose in yoga to reduce thigh fat which concentrates solely on the inner and outer thigh areas. Provides a lot of strengthening as well as balancing benefits for the body. Common benefits with other poses include the toning of the legs.
- Pectoral muscles and hip flexes benefit a lot from those poses in yoga to reduce thigh fat which involves a lot of bending and stretching. These poses are mostly aimed at toning the legs and most importantly the inner thigh region.
- Yoga to reduce thigh fat makes sure to direct all the stretching to the legs region. Strength and flexibility are top priorities of these poses.
What are the disadvantages of Yoga To Reduce Thigh Fat?
- People sometimes go overboard with their yoga routine in order to lose fat in the stubborn region of the thighs, faster
- Very strenuous yoga can lead to making your thighs stiff and sore
- Yoga might take a longer time compared to hardcore gymming to lose weight in the thigh region
Dos and Don'ts when doing Yoga for Thigh
Here are some dos and don'ts to remember when doing Yoga for thighs
- Do not do yoga on a full stomach
- Do not overexert yourself
- Do not set difficult goals; increase up the intensity gradually and.
- When doing yoga for thighs, do focus on your posture.
- Do complete the movement to enjoy maximum impact on the thigh muscles.
- Do get a good instructor if you are a beginner
What to eat after doing yoga poses for the thighs?
Drink lots of water and eat light, healthy meals like phulkas with dal, salads, fruits, grilled fish or chicken etc.
Is it effective to do yoga poses for the thighs at home?
Yes, you can do yoga poses for the butt at home and you do not need any accessories or equipment for this.
What to do post yoga poses for the thighs?
Post your yoga session, get some rest and drink enough water.
What is the right age to do yoga poses for the thighs?
Even children as young as 6 or 7 can try yoga if they have good balance.
What are the equipment & accessories required for doing yoga poses for the thighs?
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Prithvi Mudra | Balasana Benefits | Bhujangasana Steps | Vakrasana Benefits | Apana Vayu Mudra | Halasana Steps | Mudrasana | Ashwini Mudra for Piles | Cable Tricep Kickbacks | Kriya Yoga Technique | Mantra for Concentration | Importance of Vajrasana | Balayam for Hair | Mudra for Gas and Bloating | Are Surya | Chaturanga Dandasana Steps | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya Steps | Padahastasana Yoga Pose
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sumo Dead Lift | Walking Lunges | Air Squars | Side Planks Benefits | Chisled Body | Dumbbell Weight for Beginners | Hrithik Roshan Workout Plan | Creativity Exercises | Dragon Flag Workout | Archer Pushup | Can Rope Skipping Increase Height | Weighted Box Jumps | How to Do Windshield Wipers Exercise | Yin Yoga Workout
Search Terms For Fitness
About Parvatasana | Mandook Asanas Benefits | All Mudras and Benefits | What Is Khechari Mudra | Steps of Mayurasana | Yoga Asanas to Control Anger | 10 Pranayam | Yoni Mudra Posture | What Is Bakasana | Dnyan Mudra | Benefits of Maharasana | Superman Hold Benefits | Uttanasana Steps and Benefits | What Is Yoga Nidra Technique |How Vipassana Helps | Scorpion Pose Yoga Benefits |Baddha Padmasana Steps and Benefits | Yoga for Blood Circulation in Feet | 4 Benefits of Gomukhasana