Preparing healthy snacks for kids between their meals is quite a challenging job for parents. Healthy snacks for kids are the best items to fill the little stomach with all the nutrients required for a child. Some of those healthy snacks for kids are baked nachos with Mexican dip. And a whole food with all the necessary nutrition and energy is best instead of all the deliciously processed easy snacks for kids. So, it is essential to prepare wholesome, healthy snacks for kids at home. Below are the best three healthy snacks for kids to attempt as they are effortless to prepare.
1. Baked Dahi Vada
These are some of the easy snacks for kids that are also nutritional and are healthy snack ideas for kids. The recipe is explained stepwise for parents to try at home.
- Wash urad dal in water two to three times and then soak it in water for six hours.
- Then drain all the water and blend it into a smooth paste with green chillies and fresh ginger with a bit of water and required salt. The consistency should be in the right texture such that the batter floats on water.
- Take a paniyaram pan and heat it on medium flame. Add a few drops of oil in each of the hollow sections and then add the batter onto each of them.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook it for five minutes on low heat. Once the batter changes colour to light gold, flip them with a spoon and cook on the other side for another five minutes.
- Continue cooking these healthy snacks for kids in batches.
- Drop the cooked vadas in a cup of water and then immerse them for a minute. Then fish them out and squeeze all the water out.
- In another bowl, whisk the yoghurt with a bit of water, salt and sugar until it becomes smooth and pourable.
- Pour the prepared yoghurt on all the vadas and let it rest for these evening snacks for kids. At this stage, one can store the platter in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- While serving, it can be garnished with tamarind-date chutney and sprinkle ground cumin, coriander and red chilli powder.
- Sprinkle sev with finely chopped cilantro to create an excellent flavour for the dish and serve these quick snacks for kids.
- These are the best evening snacks for kids.
2. Baked Falafel Recipe
These are yet another easy recipe that can be done as healthy snacks for toddlers effortlessly. It is made from ground chickpeas. It is deep-fried so it is crispy on the outside and soft inside. Falafel is classic street food in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean places. These homemade snacks for kids are made by the following method:
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit with its race in the middle position.
- Soak chickpeas in water for some time, say five hours.
- Take a large pan and layer it with a baking sheet.
- Smear it with sufficient olive oil such that it is evenly coated.
- Blend the soaked and drained chickpeas along with onion, cilantro, garlic, pepper, parsley, cinnamon, cumin, and the required salt, along with a small amount of olive oil. Perform this action for one whole minute until it is smooth in texture.
- With the help of a scoop, take the blended mixture of these evening snacks for kids and shape them into small half-inch thick patties.
- Place all the patties in the oiled baking pan and then bake it for half an hour. Perform this by flipping the falafels now and then until they turn deep gold on all the sides evenly. Serve these homemade snacks for kids with tomato ketchup.
- One can store these in the refrigerator for up to four days and in the freezer for many months.
3. Baked Samosa
This baked samosa is a healthy version with the use of wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. These quick snacks for kids are mentioned below in detail.
- First, prepare the stuffing for these easy snacks for kids by heating oil in the pan on medium flame.
- Drop in cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Then add sesame seeds and allow them to pop.
- Once these are done, add ginger garlic paste and green chillies and saut for one whole minute until the raw smell ultimately leaves.
- Add finely chopped coriander and mint leaves and then saut for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder along with red chilli powder, and mix them all thoroughly. Splash some water to prevent charring.
- Now drop in cooked peas and potatoes along with salt. Cook for two minutes and then stir in garam masala and mix them all.
- Finally, add lemon juice to the stuffing.
- Then prepare the dough for these evening snacks for kids with wheat flour, baking powder, salt and ajwain by mixing them in a bowl. Add very little quantity of oil to it.
- Then start mixing the dough well such that the crumbly mixture forms balls.
- Let it rest for fifteen minutes, and then knead it again until it becomes smooth.
- Make small balls and then flatten them in between the palm one by one.
- While doing this, take a baking tray and line it with aluminium foil. Grease the tray and reheat them in an oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes.
- Now flatten the dough to approximately six inches in diameter such that they are medium thick. Please make use of a knife and then cut them into halves.
- Then try making a cone shape by folding and overlapping the edges.
- Seal the corners by applying little water to them.
- Fill these healthy snacks for kids with the stuffing, and then again seal the edges properly.
- Keep repeating this for all the samosas and then leave them on the baking tray. Take care not to let them dry and keep them covered.
- Brush the layers of the samosas with oil generously on all the sides, and then start baking them in the oven for fifteen minutes.
- Keep flipping the samosa so that they bake evenly on all the sides. This will roughly take thirty minutes.
- These are the best evening snacks for kids, and please allow the samosas to cool. Then serve these easy snacks for kids with the desired chutney of one's choice.
These are the best mid-morning or evening snacks for kids that a parent can even send to school. And for people who prefer the best snacks for kids that are devoid of refined oil and fried items, these are the best options of easy snacks for kids.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Ashwini Mudra Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | Yoni Mudra Benefits | Mudra for Hair Growth | Yoga to Control Anger | Apan Vayu Mudra | Bhujangasana Strengthens | Yoga Mudrasana Steps | Uttanasana | Bakasana Information | Khechari Mudra | Padahastasana | Vakrasana | Vajrasana | Halasana for Beginners | Lotus Yoga Pose | Yoga for Blood Circulation | Weight Loss Yoga Poses for Beginners | How to Do Kriya Yoga | Powerful Meditation Mantra
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Superman Exercise | Sumo Deadlift Form | Benefits of Side Plank | Hrithik Roshan Body Workout | Dragon Flag Exercise | Kickbacks Workout | Box Jump Benefits | Chiseled Physique | Air Squat |Can Skipping Increase Height | Brain Exercises for Kids | Db Walking Lunges | How to Do Dumbbell Exercises | Archer Push up Benefits
Search Terms For Fitness
10 Types of Pranayama | Vayu Mudra Benefits | Parvatasana Benefits | Mandukasana Benefits | Gomukhasana Benefits | Surya Mudra Benefits | Benefits of Prana Mudra | Benefits of Gyan Mudra | How to Do Mayurasana | Benefits of Dandasana | Benefits of Balasana | Makarasana Benefits | Benefits of Yoga Nidra | Benefits of Balayam | Vipassana Benefits | Benefits of Vrischikasana