Everyone has some fitness goals in mind. To achieve these goals better and in optimum time, one of the most important things that you can do is to give your fitness routine a structure. A structure helps in more ways than you can imagine. A structural workout prevents muscle overwork by incorporating adequate rest periods.
This also helps your workouts become more strategic and purposeful and minimises injuries and stress.
One of the best ways to structure your workout is by dividing it into a schedule of targeted workout days that includes a push pull leg workout. Out of these one such daily workouts is a push workout.
As the name suggests, this workout consists of push exercises. These push exercises are for your chest, shoulders, and triceps, the limbs that utilise a push motion.
The primary muscles targeted in a push day workout are:
- Serratus anterior
Which are some of the best push exercises?
Here is a list of some of the most effective push day exercises that you can include in your routine:
- Seated dumbbell shoulder press: This is one of the best push workouts to increase the size and strength of the targeted muscles. It also works on the muscles in your core and spine.
- Hold the dumbbells by your shoulders with your palms facing forward.
- Keep your elbows towards the sides at an angle of 90-degrees.
- Raise your arms upwards till your arms are extended overhead.
- Hold the pose for a couple of seconds and slowly lower your arms to get back into the starting position.
- Incline dumbbell chest fly: One of the best exercises on the push workout list, this opens up your chest muscles and makes your arms and shoulders stronger and more flexible.
- Lie on an incline bench and place your feet firmly on either side of the bench.
- Your head and back should remain pressed on to the bench throughout the movement.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and slowly lift your arms above the head. Do this while keeping a slight bend in your elbows.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells till they reach your chest and stop lowering the arms here.
- Push-ups: One of the best push exercises at home, push-ups are great for building upper body strength. This exercise also strengthens and engages your core and lower body.
- Get on all fours and place your hands wider than your shoulders.
- Ensure that your arms and legs are straight.
- Slowly lower your body till your chest almost touches the ground.
- Pause for a few seconds and lift yourself back up.
- Dumbbell lateral raises: This is a very effective push day workout that gives you a stronger upper body. This is one of the most effective exercises in the push exercises list, it also helps build your functionality and flexibility.
- Stand straight with a dumbbell in each of your hands. Keep your back straight and feet hip-width apart.
- Ensure that there is a slight bend in your knees and elbows.
- Engage your core muscles and lift the dumbbells slowly till they reach the height of your shoulders.
- Squeeze your shoulders and lower your arms back to the starting position.
- Overhead triceps press: One of the best push workouts at home, overhead triceps press helps in increasing the size of the shoulder muscles, core, lower back, and obliques.
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold the end of a dumbbell with both hands.
- Extend your arms overhead and keep your elbows in lower your dumbbell behind the head.
- The dumbbell should be in line with your shoulders.
- Straighten arms to return to the starting position.
- Dumbbell chest press: One of the best exercises in the push exercises list, this exercise works on your triceps, deltoids, and pectorals and builds their strength. This is an easy-to-do push exercise at home with minimal equipment.
- Start lying with your back flat on the floor or the bench.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your elbows open and keep your triceps perpendicular to your torso.
- Raise the dumbbell away from the chest so that they are directly over your shoulders.
- Lower the dumbbells and return to the starting position.
Benefits of push workout?
There are several great benefits of a push day workout for optimising your health and fitness. Here is a roundup of some of the most important advantages of dividing your fitness routine into push pull and leg workouts:
- Dividing your routine into push exercises gym workouts creates a balanced approach to fitness. Dividing your routine into a push and pull routine creates a better-balanced physique.
- By dividing your routine into a push and pull workout, you can prevent overtraining your muscles and injuring them. Dividing your workout into push and pull days, you don’t use your chest, shoulders, and triceps the next day, instead, you will train other groups of muscles the next day.
- Push exercises gym and home are a great way to measure your progress on your chest, shoulders, and triceps muscles. This helps you achieve your goals better.
- Push day exercises help simplify your fitness regime. It makes it easy to know what you will be working on and when.
- One of the best push workout benefits is that it is flexible. You can easily add or take out exercises off your routine depending on your comfort and fitness levels.
- It is easy to do push workouts at home with minimal setup. It doesn’t require investment in fancy gym equipment and memberships.
Push exercises are a great way to activate multiple muscle groups in your upper body. By grouping your pull and push workout list, you optimise your training efficiency and gain several health benefits. However, for pull and push exercises at home to work, you need to customise them for your body and experience of exercise. The best way to do this is to consult an experienced trainer and create a holistic workout plan to give you sustainable results in the long run.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam | Bakasana | Jnana Yoga | Chakrasana | Naukasana | Vakrasana | Siddhasana | Kurmasana | Gomukhasana | Parsvottanasana | Salabhasana | Mayurasana | Astavakrasana | Anantasana | Kukkutasana | Uttanpadasana | Purvottanasana | Kukkutasana | Karnapidasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Karnapidasana | Garudasana | Parvatasana | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra | Prithvi Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Supta Vajrasana | Baddha Padmasana | Shanmukhi Mudra | Yoga Mudrasana | Shambhavi Mudra | Akarna Dhanurasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sumo Deadlift | Superman Pose | Free Hand Exercise | Benefits Of Deadlift | Hrithik Roshan Workout | Exercise To Increase Height | Exercise To Reduce Hand Fat
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Apan Vayu Mudra | Eka Pada Sirsasana | Yoga For Flat Tummy | Yoga To Control Anger | Types Of Pranayama | Yoga To Reduce Thigh Fat | Yoga For Irregular Periods