Potatoes are a starchy favorite of most people. But the vegetable often gets a bad reputation when it comes to listing foods that are considered healthy. However, contrary to what most people think, potatoes when cooked with healthy potato recipes can actually be a part of the healthy eating parade.
Potatoes can be healthy for you provided they are cooked in healthy potato recipes. When potatoes are not being fried or doused in large quantities of cheese and butter, they can indeed be good for you. We have created a list of healthy potato recipes that will help you consume potatoes in a healthy way. These are not just scrumptious but also healthy potato recipes for weight loss.
Different Healthy Potato Recipes
1) Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries are healthy, delicious, and simple. If you are on a diet or are simply trying to eat healthily, these healthy fries can be a gamechanger. Here are these healthy potato recipes:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees to bake the healthy fries.
- Slice up sweet potatoes into fry pieces with a sharp knife. Try to keep the pieces around the same size.
- Place the healthy potatoes in a mixing bowl with oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Toss to coat the healthy potatoes.
- Now, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the healthy potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35 minutes and serve immediately.
2) Schezwan Potato Wedges
Schezwan potato wedges are an extremely easy dish to make. It is a great Healthy Potato Recipe for you if you are an absolute beginner at cooking. Not only is this recipe of baked potato healthy, but also lip-smackingly delicious. Here's the recipe.
- Wash the healthy potatoes into wedges with their skin on.
- Fine chop some garlic, ginger, onion, spring onions, celery, and coriander and set aside.
- Take a mixing bowl and add salt, black pepper, whole wheat flour, rice flour, and a little water. Combine it well.
- Add the potato wedges to this batter and coat the wedges evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. On a tray, place the batter-coated potato wedges and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the wedges turn crispy and golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Now, heat oil in a wok or pan and add onion, ginger, garlic, and celery. Saute the ingredients well and add 3 tbsp of red chili paste. Cook for a few minutes, add water and let it boil.
- Now, add vinegar, soy sauce, black pepper, and jaggery powder.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the baked potato wedges and mix them well.
- Garnish with coriander and spring onions and serve hot.
3) Baked Potato Chips
Healthy homemade potato chips are a healthier option than traditional fried potato chips. This Baked Potato Chips recipe is easy to make and not time taking. Not only are baked potato chips healthy, but also a treat for your taste buds. Here's the recipe for baked potato chips healthy.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into round slices that are 1/8 inch thick.
- Boil water in a pot and cook the potato slices for 3-5 minutes. Drain the potatoes well and combine them with oil, salt, pepper, and spices like oregano, garlic, and basil.
- Now, place the potato slices on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, until the baked potato healthy is crispy and golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and then serve.
4) Baked Chilli Potato
- Baked Chilli Potato is a great dish to serve at parties and get-togethers. This Healthy Potato Recipe has its origin in the Hakka cuisine. The healthy potato recipes are easy to make and can make a great side dish. Here's the recipe for these healthy potato snacks.
- Wash the potatoes and boil them. Cut the boiled potatoes into wedges.
- Add salt and some oil to the wedges and bake for 8-10 minutes at 220 degrees.
- Fine chop the garlic tomato and spring onions.
- Take a pan, add some oil, chopped garlic, black pepper, and chili flakes. Add the spring onion and tomatoes and saute well till the tomatoes get mushy.
- Add soy sauce and stir well. Let the mixture cool down.
- Take a grinder and make a fine puree of the mixture.
- Take a pan, saute the leftover garlic, and add the mixture to the pan.
- Add the roasted potatoes and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander and spring onion and serve hot.
5) Potato Salad
Potato salad is a healthy potato salad that can be prepared in just a few minutes. This healthy potato salad is packed with flavor and veggies. Healthy boiled potato recipes are a great alternative for when you do not have access to an oven or an air fryer. Here's the recipe.
- For healthy potato recipes, peel and cut potatoes into ¾-inch cubes. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and add water to cover by 1 inch. Add some salt and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir a few times until the potatoes are fork-tender. Drain and transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Fine chop celery, pickles, onions, and parsley and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Add the potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- Add the chopped vegetables.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
These healthy potato snacks prove the vegetable's worth and are really easy to make. When cooked right, these healthy potato recipes can make a great addition to your meals. Healthy potato snacks can be a great way to make healthy eating a delightful experience. Most of these healthy potato recipes and stored in airtight containers. Try these healthy potato recipes and indulge in the goodness of potatoes without any guilt.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam | Bakasana | Jnana Yoga | Chakrasana | Naukasana | Vakrasana | Siddhasana | Kurmasana | Gomukhasana | Parsvottanasana | Salabhasana | Mayurasana | Astavakrasana | Anantasana | Kukkutasana | Uttanpadasana | Purvottanasana | Kukkutasana | Karnapidasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Karnapidasana | Garudasana | Parvatasana | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra | Prithvi Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Supta Vajrasana | Baddha Padmasana | Shanmukhi Mudra | Yoga Mudrasana | Shambhavi Mudra | Akarna Dhanurasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sumo Deadlift | Superman Pose | Free Hand Exercise | Benefits Of Deadlift | Hrithik Roshan Workout | Exercise To Increase Height | Exercise To Reduce Hand Fat
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Apan Vayu Mudra | Eka Pada Sirsasana | Yoga For Flat Tummy | Yoga To Control Anger | Types Of Pranayama | Yoga To Reduce Thigh Fat | Yoga For Irregular Periods