Whether you want to build a big muscular body or just wish to keep your body lean, every fitness goal requires a range of exercises. The full-body workout not only ensures that each of your body parts gets the workout benefits but also ensures that workout at home or gym does not become monotonous and boring. Some days will be about the chest and some days, you would wish to focus on your beginners’ workout for legs. But there will also be days when a full body workout at gym is what you would aim for. This article is a guide to get you through those days.
A full body gym workout plan can pump blood throughout the body and stretch the whole body. It also enables you to optimize your training frequency and build up your strength. Below are some of the best exercises you can include in your full body strength workout at gym. And since the exercises are quite easy yet effective, they are suited for both advanced and beginners workout. Let’s get started.
Full Body Workout At Gym
It is advised that whether you are starting your full body workout at gym for beginners or for experts, always follow it after a dynamic warm-up. This will prep your body for other exercises. Thus, let’s begin with a few warm-up exercises to create the best full body gym workout:
- Jumping Jacks
- Knee Bends
- Shoulder bends
- Heels digs
Do each of these warm-up exercises for at least 20 seconds before any full body exercise at gym.
Best Exercises To Include In Full Body Workout Gym Routine
- Push Ups
You must have heard about push-ups even though you would have never done full body workout at gym for beginners. This popular workout is great for both the upper body and core strength. And since it does not require any special equipment, you can do this full-body exercise at the gym or at home easily.
One more thing that makes it our favourite is that it can be included in your full body gym workout for men and women equally.
- Sets & Reps: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Variations: If you are building a beginners’ full body gym workout, try the kneeling push up. But if you want to add more challenge to this exercise, try variations like diamond push up or clapping push up.
Those who want to follow a full body strength workout at gym must add pull ups. It is another upper body workout but this advanced exercise can also improve overall body strength and fitness level.
You can combine pull-ups with tricep extensions, push-ups, and bicep curls to make it more effective. Again, since this exercise does not need any such special equipment, you can also perform this full body workout gym routine in a park or at home.
- Sets & Reps: 5 sets of 8 reps
- Variations: Though it is a challenging exercise, you can still add it to your beginners’ full body gym workout by reducing the reps and duration. For other difficult variations, add a weight belt or try one-arm pull-ups.
- Barbell Squat
Let’s begin with a full body workout with weights at the gym. A barbell squat is an advanced version wherein you add weights to make it a great addition to your full body gym workout plan. A barbell squat can strengthen your leg muscles, boost your energy levels, and also improve grip strength.
Usually, when you want to train full body, female gym workouts don’t contain barbell squat. But if you are an intermediate to advanced-level fitness enthusiast, you can add barbell squat to your full body gym workout for women too.
- Sets & Reps: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Variations: Some variations include front squat, Zercher squat, high bar back squat, and overhead squat.
- Lat Pulldown
One of the best exercises to add to your full body gym workout for men and women, a lat pulldown is specially designed to focus on the lat muscle. It can also improve body posture and relieve any back pain.
Moreover, it can also improve your ability to do daily tasks such as opening a door, swimming, help you improve your performance with other exercises such as pull-ups and, and bench press during your full body workout at gym or home.
- Sets & Reps: 4 sets of 6–8 reps
- Variations: It is usually done using a pulldown station at the gym. But if you can’t do full body workout at gym, you can also use dumbbells or resistance bands to modify it according to your home workout.
- Farmer’s Walk
This is one of the easiest and effective exercises that you can add in the beginning of your full body workout with weights at gym. In fact, you can also do it at home if you have dumbbells or kettlebells at home.
This workout is known for improving your forearm muscles and grip strength. But since it also targets your shoulders, biceps, triceps, upper back, glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and core, it’s a great full-body workout too. Just include it in your full body gym workout for women or men and enjoy its benefits.
- Sets & Reps: 2 sets of the farthest possible distance
- Variations: There are no variations as such. You can just increase the pace or add more weight to this workout.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Always maintain the right body posture to avoid unnecessary strain or stress on the muscles.
- Make sure you take appropriate rest after the full body workout at gym.
- Don’t push your body beyond its limit, especially during barbell squats to avoid injury.
- Don’t eat heavy meals at least 2 hours before or after the full body workout at gym.
- If you are pregnant or have been through a recent delivery, avoid full-body female gym workout or talk to your doctor before starting any workout.
If you wish to create the best full body gym workout, it is important to keep factors such as your fitness level and fitness goal in mind. The above-listed workouts are great and often advised by experts but if you want a customized full-body workout, seek help from an expert. You can also consult fitness coaches online and learn the best exercises and tips.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam | Bakasana | Jnana Yoga | Chakrasana | Naukasana | Vakrasana | Siddhasana | Kurmasana | Gomukhasana | Parsvottanasana | Salabhasana | Mayurasana | Astavakrasana | Anantasana | Kukkutasana | Uttanpadasana | Purvottanasana | Kukkutasana | Karnapidasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Karnapidasana | Garudasana | Parvatasana | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Prana Mudra | Prithvi Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Supta Vajrasana | Baddha Padmasana | Shanmukhi Mudra | Yoga Mudrasana | Shambhavi Mudra | Akarna Dhanurasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Sumo Deadlift | Superman Pose | Free Hand Exercise | Benefits Of Deadlift | Hrithik Roshan Workout | Exercise To Increase Height | Exercise To Reduce Hand Fat
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Apan Vayu Mudra | Eka Pada Sirsasana | Yoga For Flat Tummy | Yoga To Control Anger | Types Of Pranayama | Yoga To Reduce Thigh Fat | Yoga For Irregular Periods