Introduction: What Is Called A Gastric Problem
A gastric problem is the result of ingestion or partial digestion of food. Instead of converting the food into nutrition, your digestive system wastes a large part of it. Mostly, acids get secreted in the stomach and gas accumulates in your digestive organs leading you to experience irritation and improper bowel movement. Thankfully, you can do yoga for gas problem.
What Usually Causes Gas
Before you start doing yoga for gas problem, it is better that you understand the root cause of your problem. This way, you will be able to treat your condition quicker. There are a large number of problems that can become the reason behind your gas problem. Here is a list of the most common causes of gas:
- Break down of undigested carbohydrates by bacteria
- Consumption of certain foods and drinks
- Air swallowing
- Wearing loose-fitting dentures
- Conditions like IBS and various other functional GI disorders
- Any obstruction or blockage of the digestive tract
How To Avoid It
The best way to avoid gas problems is by preventing yourself from its root causes. As soon as you detect a problem that might lead to gas problems in the future, try to treat it. Otherwise, it will lead to creating gas in your digestive organs one day or the other. For example, if you experience that you can’t digest certain foods, just replace them with other foods.
What Is Yoga For Gastric Problem
If you are someone who believes in the traditional ways of treating health problems, you should opt for doing yoga for gas problems. There are various yoga poses out there that can assist you in treating the root causes of gas problems that we just mentioned above. And when the root cause is treated, your gastric problems instantly get better.
Benefits Of Doing Yoga Poses To Relieve Gas
Now you might be wondering that this yoga poses demand a lot of effort, so why should you bother doing them? After all, there are various other methods of relieving gastric problems too. Well, to answer that, have a look at these various benefits of doing yoga for gas problem:
- If you feel that your stomach is heavy and there is something big stuck in it, you can get relief by doing yoga poses for bloating.
- There are no side effects of doing yoga poses for gas. Just follow the dos and don’t of performing yoga and you will end up with a lot of benefits.
- You can add yoga asanas to your workout at home. There is no need to go outside for it.
- There is no one best yoga for gastric problem. If you don’t feel comfortable doing a yoga pose, just change it with another yoga pose.
5 Different Yoga Poses To Relieve Gas
We have jotted down this list of 5 yoga poses for bloating and gas. Even if you have no prior experience of doing yoga, you can still do these yoga poses as they are quite easy to do. Now, without any further ado, let’s take a look at these highly beneficial yoga poses:
Although there is no single best yoga for gastric problem, Pawanmuktasana is the one that comes the closest to it. Even the literal meaning of this yoga pose is the release from gas. In this asana, you bend your body in such a way, that the gas found no way but to get out of your anal passage.
Here is a list of some benefits of doing this yoga for gas problem:
- It assists you in getting rid of the gas formed due to partial digestion of food or any other medical condition.
- It also works on various body muscles such as hips, back, biceps, and triceps.
- Ananda Balasana
This yoga pose is often done as a warm-up pose before doing other yoga for gas. It stretches your muscles and makes your body ready for intense moves. But that doesn’t mean that it can not help you relieve gas. Here are some other benefits of this pose:
- It cures various gastric problems and improves the health of your digestive system.
- It also elongates your spine.
You must have seen people doing this yoga for gastric problem, even if you have never tried any yoga by yourself. Also known as child’s pose, Garbhasana, and Shashankasana, this pose is done as the last yoga pose of your workout session. Here are benefits that you get by doing this yoga to relieve gas:
- It improves your digestion.
- Sometimes, indigestion and gas can cause fatigue. This yoga pose also provides you relief from that.
- If you have back pain, Balasana can also help you treat that.
If you want to do yoga for gas problem, go for Paschimottanasana. Also known as the seated forward bend pose, this is one of the first yoga asanas that yoga trainers teach to beginners. Here are some benefits of performing this yoga to release gas:
- It improves your digestion by putting pressure on your internal abdominal organs.
- It improves the health of your vertebral column.
- It can also treat various liver problems.
- Supta Matsyendrasana
This pose is actually a modified form of the famous yoga pose called Ardha Matsyendrasana. By doing this yoga for gas problem, not only do you improve the health of your abdominal organs but also your spine. Here are some other benefits of doing this yoga to release gas:
- It Improves your digestion.
- It stimulates and increases your appetite.
- It can even provide relaxation to the body and treat mental fatigue.
Doing yoga poses for gas could be an effective way to solve your gas problem. Just take out 30-45 minutes for it and you will end up with better health. And when there are no downsides to it, you should be doing yoga to relieve gas right away.