The amount of energy determines the bodyweight of a person that he/she consumes as food. The amount of energy that a person burns through his activities also matters when it comes to weight loss. The body's metabolism plays an essential role as it is what helps to burn calories. If a person does not gain weight, it is an indicator that he/she is consuming and burning the same number of calories daily. But if a person is slowly gaining weight over time, it shows that the calorie intake is greater than the number of calories a person burns through daily activities.
How to Lose Weight?
The best weight loss approach is to reduce the number of calories by eating less or burning more through physical activity. According to studies, it is a known fact that one pound of weight sheds for every 3500 calories burned or lost. This means that if one consumes 500 calories extra per day for one whole week, he/she will gain one pound in that one week.Â Hence it is recommended by people to consume fewer calorie foods like healthy salads. There are numerous salad recipes for weight loss available widely on the net. But to be more precise, let us discuss a few of the renowned healthy salad recipes for weight loss. And it is suggested to consider opting for a vegetable salad for weight loss as they are comparatively less in calorie count. Some of the Indian salad recipes for weight loss are discussed below:
Roasted Vegetable Salad
This is a most delicious veg salad for weight loss made from eggplant, yellow squash, red pepper, and asparagus. In order to make this Indian salad for weight loss, follow these steps.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the eggplant, yellow squash, red pepper, and asparagus along with red onions and garlic on a greased pan.
- Keep baking until the vegetables turn tender. This might take 15 minutes.
- Which olive oil, parsley, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, oregano, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour these contents onto the roasted vegetable and toss them well to coat.
- This is the best salad for weight loss. Serve it hot to taste yummy.
Peri-Peri Chicken Salad
This is another best Indian salad for weight loss. The ingredients required to make these salad recipes for weight loss are fresh red chillies, grated lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, crushed garlic, chicken tenderloins, apple cider vinegar, spinach leaves, red onions, and cherry tomatoes.
- Start by deseeding the chillies. Then chop and stir in lemon rind, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Add chicken chunks to the above and toss them well.
- Barbeque the chicken chunks on medium flame and keep cooking for five minutes until they are cooked well.
- Take olive oil with vinegar and whisk them together. Add the spinach, onions, and tomato to the above bowl. Season them with salt and pepper. Toss them well so that they get coated well.
- Portion the salad and serve these Indian salad recipes for weight loss on a proper serving plate.
Sweet Potato Salad
This is a famous veg salad for weight loss made with sweet potato, coconut oil, cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, salt, lemon, grated coconut, and finely chopped fresh coriander and roasted peanuts.
- Cut, wash, and dice the sweet potatoes as the first step to make these veg salad recipes for weight loss.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Drop cumin seeds into the oil and wait until it crackles.
- SautÃ© green chillies and curry leaves for a few seconds.
- Then add the diced sweet potato and toss on high flame.
- Add lemon juice, coconut, and coriander, and keep cooking on reduced flame for 5 minutes.
- Crush the roasted peanuts and sprinkle them all over the salad.
- These Indian salad recipes for weight loss are tastier when served warm.
Mix Veg Salad
These veg salad recipes for weight loss are done with green beans, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, capsicum, tomato, green chilli, coriander leaves, lemon juice, and powdered black pepper.
- The first step in making this vegetable salad for weight loss is by washing all the vegetables and chopping them with a sharp knife.
- Steam them for 5 minutes until they turn tender.
- Once the veggies turn soft and tender, transfer them to a plate and sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- Garnish this vegetable salad for weight loss with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Pros of Consuming Salads
There is a famous saying that "A salad a day keeps all diseases away and ageing at bay." The other advantages of having salads are:
- The primary use of consuming salads is to lose weight.
- Salad recipes for weight loss are a natural source of fibre that reduces bad cholesterol and increases the body's good cholesterol levels.
- Salad recipes for weight loss also reduce and control blood sugar levels.
- All the salad recipes for weight loss normalize bowel movements.
- Salad recipes for weight loss also prevent the risk of various cancers.
- Salad recipes for weight loss help build strong bones as almost all types of salads contain spinach in them.
- All the salad recipes for weight loss also improves muscle performance in the human system.
- The high-water content in the salad recipes for weight loss improves the skin tone drastically.
- It tends to improve digestion to a greater extent.
- Salads also help in boosting moods and productivity.
- It prevents almost all cardiovascular diseases with regular consumption.
- Salads are the best foods to curb appetite and give a full feeling to people who are very particular about their weight and fitness.
Always the salad can be a light and refreshing meal. They are easy to be made at home and have multiple health benefits as they are more of leafy greens. Dietary fibre must meet its recommended value in order to stay hale and healthy besides staying slim and fit. Those values can be satisfied with salads' help that will turn out to be a blessing in disguise in many aspects of life. Eat more salads! Attract more blessings!