There are many sauces that you can use for pasta - marinara sauce, red sauce, alfredo sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and bolognese pasta sauce. But the most famous among all is probably the creamy white pasta sauce. A white cheese sauce for pasta can be made within a couple of minutes but the amount of taste it adds to your pasta is enormous. No wonder every person who learns cooking asks how to make white sauce pasta at home first.There are many aspects of the white sauce pasta recipe which are not there in the recipes of other sauces. For example, white pasta sauce ingredients are mostly available at our home. If you want you can add veggies or penne in white sauce.Â There are many types of recipes. One is BÃ©chamel Sauce Pasta, another is White Sauce Pasta Recipe Italian and there are a lot more.Â Now, enough of the benefits and letâ€™s jump straight to the white sauce pasta recipe. We have mentioned two recipes: the classical white sauce recipe and bolognese white sauce macaroni. Read on!
Classic White Sauce Pasta Recipe
Although there are a number of types of white sauces, nothing beats the classic sauce. The classic white pasta sauce ingredients are also less as compared to that of other pasta sauce recipes. Here is your step-by-step classic white sauce pasta recipe:
- Take a saucepan, add butter into it, and keep the flame very low.
- Once bubbles start coming out of the melted butter, add whole wheat flour to it.
- Stir the flour so that lumps do not get formed in the flour. It will also help in cooking flour evenly.
- Saute the whole wheat flour until its color changes to pale golden and a nice cooked aroma starts coming out of it.
- Keep the flame low and a little chilled milk to the saucepan. Keep stirring the mixture with one hand while you pour the milk. The milk should be chilled otherwise small lumps will start to form.
- Simmer it until the whole mixture starts to thicken.
- Once the whole of the sauce gets thickened and it starts coating the back of your spoon, you can turn off the flame.
- Add seasoning and mix well.
- While cooling, the white cheese sauce for pasta will get thickened more. So, you can adjust its density according to its temperature.
Bolognese White Sauce Pasta Recipe
What makes the bolognese white sauce recipe different from any other pasta sauce recipe is the use of vegetables. In this, you can use a number of healthy vegetables for making the white sauce macaroni. Note here that usually, bolognese white sauce macaroni is made along with the pasta, so we are including the making of the pasting along with the bolognese pasta sauce recipe. Here is your step-by-step bolognese white sauce pasta recipe:
- Boil some carrots, peas, baby corn, and potatoes. You can boil them in a steamer or a pressure cooker.
- Drain all the boiled food items, and finely chop them. Add them to a bowl and place the bowl aside.
- Take a pan, add water to it, heat it, and add a few drops of oil to the pan.
- Add the pasta once the water comes to a boil, and keep boiling it until the pasta is completely cooked.
- Strain pasta, rinse them with water, drain, and set them aside.
- Take a pan, put it on heat, add butter, garlic, and onions to it. Saute until onions get soft.
- Add mushrooms, and saute again. Keep sauteing and stirring until the juice from mushrooms evaporates.
- Add chopped bell pepper and saute for 10-12 minutes. Add flour and saute again for around 5 minutes.
- Add all the boiled vegetables to the pan and saute for 60 to 70 seconds.
- Pour some milk into the pan and keep stirring the mixture gently. Once the flour gets mixed with the milk, you will see that the sauce is getting thickened gradually.
- Seasons with basil, oregano, salt, pepper, or any other herb of your choice.
- Add pasta to the pan when you think that the sauce has reached your desired level of consistency.
- Keep stirring until the white sauce coats the whole of the vegetables and the pasta. Once it is covered, you can turn off the flame.
- If you feel that the sauce has thickened too much, you can add some hot water or hot milk to decrease its density.
- If you want to make your pasta cheesy, you can grate cheese in it.
- Your bolognese white sauce pasta is ready to be served hot with baguette or toasted bread.
There are some tips and tricks that can make the process of your white sauce pasta recipe easier. Read on!
- As already mentioned in the first white sauce recipe you need to keep stirring and mixing so that lumps do not get formed. So, it is not just an extra step, but a must one.
- It is necessary to have original ingredients in the white sauce pasta recipe Italian. In contrast, in Indian sauce recipes and other recipes, you can easily replace one ingredient with another if it is not available in your kitchen.
- Add freshly grated cheddar cheese (around 2 tbsp) for the cheese white sauce pasta recipe. If you want to make your sauce more cheese, you can also add some grated vegetarian parmesan cheese along with the cheddar cheese.
- Using herbs and veggies is very common to be used in the white sauce recipe. So, if you want to add your favourite vegetable to be added in your pasta, donâ€™t hesitate to add it to the sauce.
- If you are on a gluten-free diet, just replace the simple flour with the gluten-free flour in the white sauce pasta recipe.
- If you are a vegan, replace milk with almond cheese in the white sauce pasta recipe. Remember that you have to keep the flame as low as possible while cooking the almond milk or otherwise it will split or become a little grainy, which will affect the taste and the quality of your cheese in the end.