We all know that one pot meals are quick and easy recipes cooked using one pot or cooking vessel. Another aspect of one pot meals is that they are easy to throw on when guests arrive on short notice. The most significant advantage of one pot meals is that it cooks in a single pot with minimum clean-up but provides an excellent dish with maximum flavor. Almost all cultures have their versions of one pot meals. For instance, Italians have their famous risotto, Spanish people make paella, and the French serve a cassoulet. Let us discuss a few one pot Indian meals below as India has a lot of one pot rice recipes. Though there are various one pot meals recipes to experiment on and enjoy, the best and renowned ones that one should never fail to try are:
Let us discuss all the available one pot meals recipes in detail to make it easy for everyone to attempt it at home.
Mexican Rice Casserole
This is one of the yummiest one pot rice recipes that is done with total ease. Almost anyone can nail it by just going through the one pot meals recipe below:
- Ground beef and diced onions are dropped together into a large skillet with salt and pepper. On medium heat, they are cooked in sufficient amounts of vegetable oil until the beef turns pink.
- Garlic powder and taco seasonings are sprinkled onto the beef, and then long white rice grains are stirred in with the beef broth.
- After this step, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa are all incorporated into the skillet.
- The above contents are brought to boil, and then it is simmered for twenty minutes until the rice turns tender.
- When it is done, the casserole is garnished with grated cheese, and the lid is closed for a few minutes for the cheese to melt away with the dish.
- One of the best one pot meal recipes are ready and served hot to taste better.
One Pot Spaghetti Pasta
Out of all the other one pot dishes, this is the best to prepare in a significantly less period. This is also one among the one pot chicken recipes that require entirely no skill to create.
- Take a large pan and drop in shredded chicken into it, and keep cooking in vegetable oil until it turns brown.
- Stir in the minced garlic and then cook for a minute or two.
- Then season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Further add marinara sauce, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, tomato paste, dried oregano, sugar, and dried thyme.
- Combine chicken broth to it, and then bring it to boil.
- Once it boils, simmer the contents and add broken spaghetti noodles on top of it.
- Press them with a ladle such that they are submerged in the liquid, and take care not to stir.
- Cover the pan and keep cooking for 20 minutes by stirring occasionally once every five minutes.
- Please wait until the pasta absorbs the excess liquid and it becomes soft and tender. Stir well.
- This is one of the best one pot chicken recipes.
- Serve it after topping the dish with a lot of parmesan cheese.
It is a known fact that one pot vegetarian meals are limited, and therefore, this recipe involves a one pot cooking technique, which makes it convenient for anyone to lay their hands and attempt to try it.
- Take a large vessel and heat coconut oil in it.
- Drop all the crushed spices like cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and black pepper into the oil.
- Fry them until they give out a pleasing fragrance.
- Then drop-in all the diced ginger, garlic, green chilies, onions, and curry leaves. Saute them well for some time until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the chopped veggies that can include potatoes, peas, and carrots.
- Saute for a few minutes and add diluted coconut milk to them.
- Cover the vessel and allow the veggies to get cooked.
- Once the veggies turn tender, add further thick coconut milk and stir well.
- Simmer the above contents for a few minutes, and the dish is done.
- These are the best one pot dishes that go well with appams and steamed rice.
Ghar Ki Dal
Another one pot vegetarian meals that are yummy and popular among the north Indians and are considered wonderful one pot Indian meals.
- Soak the dal in water with turmeric and boil the water until the dal gets cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic flakes, hing, cumin seeds, and red chili.
- Once the cumin seeds start to splutter, add the tempered contents to the dal.
- Serve these one pot Indian recipes with boiled rice.
Advantages of One Pot Meal Recipes
The various advantages of one pot recipes are:
- All the one pot Indian meals allow clean-up to a minimized level as usually, Indian recipes involve a more significant number of ingredients and more work.
- Most of the one pot meals are done within minutes with a minimized amount of work.
- All the one pot meals are done with the fewer vessels involved to prepare the dish.
- All the one pot recipes are ideal for batch cooking, and one can freeze a portion of it for later use.
- Most of the one pot recipes allow the inclusion of starch, protein, and vegetable incorporation into the meal to create a whole, healthy meal diet.
The TakeawayAlmost all the one pot meals contain a balanced proportion of all the major food groups' daily recommended allowances that include proteins, grains, vegetables, and fats. One pot meals, lunch, and dinner contain more proteins and higher proportions of grains and vegetables making it a boon for working women to finish cooking in lesser time. Therefore, one pot meals are considered healthy and very easy to make as it is done within a less time. This makes one pot meals highly preferred by almost everyone around the globe. Above all, one pot meals, as its name suggests, is short and yummy!
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Anger Pose | Bhujangasana | Is Yoga Spiritual | Dandasana Benefits | Bakasana Definition | What Is Khechari Mudra | About Gomukhasana | Akarna Dhanurasana | Benefits Of Pran Mudra | Vakrasana Precautions | Padahastasana Meaning | 8 Types Of Pranayama | Benefits Of Vayu Mudra | Ashwini Mudra For Piles | Balayam Exercise Benefits | Advantages Of Balasana | Best Mudra For Anxiety | Uttana Padasana Steps | Baddha Padmasana Benefits | Yoga To Reduce Belly Fat | Garudasana Technique | Information About Mayurasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Swimming | Barbell Curl | Barbell Shrugs | Cable Kickbacks | Landmine Press | Best Back Workouts | Cable Fly For Chest | Bridge Exercise Benefits | Inside Chest Workouts | Jawline Face Exercises | Arnold Press On Bench | Oblique Crunches Benefits | Dumbbell Pullover Benefits | Forearm Exercises At Home | Inner Thigh Exercise For Men | Exercise Crunches For Beginners | Can Skipping Increase Weight
Top Search Terms Fitness
Chronic Trapezitis | How To Do Leg Split | How To Do Shambhavi Mahamudra | Apan Vayu Mudra Blood Pressure | Can I Do Yoga Nidra Before Sleep | How To Regulate Periods With Yoga | Explain Any Two Benefits Of Parvatasana | Dark Circles Under Eyes Causes And Treatment | 5 Frozen Shoulder Exercises For Quick Relief | Exercises To Get Rid Of Bat Wings At Home | How To Do Jump Squats To Increase Height