For many people, working from home is a new reality that is going to last longer than they expected. In the wake of coronavirus, jobs shifted from office desks to living rooms. While this did save them from the risk of getting infected, staying home is also affecting their health by restricting their movements.
As physical activities diminished with no access to public parks and gyms, people became more lazy and unhealthy. In addition to this, when people work from home, it becomes difficult to take out special time for workouts since there is no special equipment and coach to fuel their motivation.
Luckily, there are some interesting ways that can effectively pull people back to an active routine. We have rounded up not just one workout for home but plenty of ways that can be easily included in the daily routine even when you have a hectic schedule. From morning till night, you will find a workout for home that is suitable for you. Keep reading and find the best workout for home for yourself:
Beginning the day with Surya Namaskar is one of the simplest and most effective ways to have a healthy body and mind. This single practice consists of 12 yoga poses whose regular practice can offer multiple benefits. You can use this yoga for lower back pain, weight loss, flexibility, better blood circulation, and stress relief as well.
If you are a beginner, make sure you watch Surya Namaskar’s workout for home videos by experts. This will ensure that you follow the right techniques and perform the sets as per your expertise.
Take Timed Walks
Another easy workout for home you can try is walking. Though walking is associated more with outdoor activities, you can also do it at home. No matter what size your home is, walking can be done with ease anywhere. Just set the time for your walking during your working hours and stick to it. Here are some tips for this workout for home:
- If you have a small living room, you can pace back and forth across the room.
- For beginners, 20-30 minutes of walking is ideal. You can increase the time later as you get comfortable with the schedule.
- If you have a terrace or an indoor garden area, you can also alternate the walk with a jog.
- Use apps that count your steps and kilometers. They not only track your walking but also encourage you to continue this habit.
- You can also adopt a habit of walking when attending phone calls.
- Stretching Breaks Right From Your Desk
People who have to sit for hours for work hardly find the time and energy to do full-body exercises. Thankfully, there are some easy workouts that contain include lower back exercises, shoulder exercises, and even neck exercises to bridge this gap. Here are a few exercises you can include in your workout for home while sitting on your chair:
- Neck Circles: An easy neck exercise, neck circles can be done anytime, anywhere. All you need to do is sit straight on the chair and tilt your head back. Soften the jaw and move your head to the left so that the left ear is over your left shoulder. Keep moving the head and draw it towards the chin and then move to the right ear. This is one circle, repeat as many circles as you want.
- Seated Spinal Twist: This stretching exercise is best for a spine workout. This helps in mobilizing the spine and also your back muscles. To do this, you have to sit on the right side of the chair. Now, hold on to the back of the seat and twist your torso towards the chair. Your feet should be together and flat on the ground. Hold this pose for about 3-5 breaths. Repeat on the other left side too.
- Forward Fold: Those who are looking for lower back exercises can try forward fold. This back workout is also an easy way to release tension from the upper body and relax your mind. To do a forward fold, sit upright on the chair. Take a deep breath and extend the torso upwards with hands above the head. Now, move slowly and bend so that your hands are touching the feet and your chest lies on the thighs. Stay in this pose for about 4 breaths. To go back to the previous position, inhale and raise the arms upwards again. Relax and repeat.
There are many more exercises that you can include in your workout for home like chair dips, back twist, seated chest opener, neck release and others.
Working out at home often means having no special equipment. This often discourages people from performing exercises. However, this problem can be solved by performing callisthenics workouts. These are basically the exercises that do not rely on equipment but your body’s weight.
Whether you want to perform a back workout to a leg workout, you can find multiple callisthenics for your needs. Here are some of the basic exercises you can include in your daily workout, especially if you are a beginner:
- Jumping Jacks
Depending on your level of expertise, you can increase the intensity and number of sets of each exercise in your workout for home.
Not every workout for home is about exercises, yoga poses and walking. You can also turn to dance workouts that are gaining popularity as it is a fun way to get a healthy body. Not just a strong and flexible body, if you are curious about how to increase stamina, dance workouts can help you in that as well.
There are plenty of workouts such as Zumba, Salsa, Cardio and even Bollywood dance workout for home available online. You can also take live classes from experts and learn the perfect way of performing these workouts.
Follow any of the workout for home listed above and start your journey to a healthy and happy life.