Cooking and world cuisine is something that has evolved over the centuries. Right from the medieval cuisine that included oats, barley, rye, and potatoes to ancient Roman cuisine that included the use of olive oil, eggs, cheese, honey, bread made of emmer grain, etc. and the ancient Greek cuisine of barley bread, figs, etc., world cuisine continues to change.From being something that helped our ancestors survive to the fine delicatessen, that is not only expensive but also fashionable, that we have today, food around the world has evolved by leaps and bounds. As per studies, world cuisine in the middle ages was prepared using a lot of spices and dried fruits. Gradually, as and when trade and travel started and people began to settle down in different countries, local ingredients and customs began to give form to geography-specific world cuisines. Local customs and religious laws have also played a major part in shaping world cuisine. Not only this, but food has also been segregated according to the caste and social status of a person.
What are the different types of cuisines in the world?
So, which country has the best food in the world? A single answer to this question is impossible. Every country's cuisine is an adventure in itself. Tasting a country's food is not just limited to eating a particular dish. Every place's food will take you closer to the customs and people of that place. Here are some of the best cuisines in the world:
- Japanese cuisine is known among the best type of cuisine in the world and also the healthiest cuisine in the world for its fresh ingredients and the use of a range of spices to make dishes like sushi, tempura, donburi maki, etc.
- Italian cuisine, known amongst the best cuisines around the world, is famous for its delicate cheeses, sauces, pasta, garlic-based bread, and the famous gelato, which is known as the best food in the world.
- French cuisine is known for its delicate flavours and foods prepared with the freshest vegetables and herbs. Famous are its souffle, Ratatouille, Foie Gras, etc. which are counted among the most popular foods in the world.
- Turkish cuisine is known among the best cuisine in the world for its olive oil-based pies, rice, kebabs, meatballs, halva, coffees, etc.
- Indian cuisine is called one of the best cuisines in the world for its fiery curries, flavourful rice dishes, and delicate milk-based desserts. It is also considered to be amongst the healthiest cuisines in the world due to the use of legumes, lentils, pulses, yoghurt, ghee, pickles, etc.
- Mexican cuisine is amongst the most famous world cuisines known for its meat-based foods, nachos, and churros.
- Chinese cuisine is loved around the world for its seafood dishes, dim sum, noodles, Peking duck dishes, etc., which are amongst the most popular foods around the world.
- The delicious sour, sweet, and hot flavours of Thai cuisine put it among the top world cuisines. Thai food, known among the most popular cuisines in the world, involves the use of delicate flavours of coconuts, papaya, pineapple, and several types of herbs to make rice and noodle dishes along with delicious curry sauces.
Which are some of the best recipes from around the world?
To help you take closer to the most famous world cuisine, we have rounded up dishes from various countries. And not only that, you can even prepare these world cuisine recipes yourself by following our easy recipe instructions:
1. Three bean salad
This is a classic American summer salad and is counted amongst the best foods in the world. In a large bowl, mix kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and cannellini beans. Add celery, onions, parsley, and rosemary to this. For the salad, whisk together apple cider vinegar, granulated sugar, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat all the ingredients. Serve cold.
2. Asian noodles
Amongst the most-consumed food in world cuisine, this is a filling and comforting dish. Make the sauce by combining soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, sesame oil, Sriracha, brown sugar, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. In a large pan, combine cooked noodles, sauce, chopped cilantro, salted cashews, and fried eggs. Serve hot.
3. Coffee with spinach smoothie
This delicious drink tops the world cuisine charts, not only for its taste but also for the amazing health benefits that it has. To make this, combine cold coffee, pitted dates, hemp hearts, cashew butter, and blanched spinach. Add ice cubes and blend again. Garnish with date slivers and serve chilled.
Belonging to the French cuisine, counted amongst the 5 great cuisines of the world, Ratatouille is a stewed vegetable dish. Make the sauce by sauting onion, garlic, and bell peppers with salt and pepper. Add crushed tomatoes and basil. Smoothen the sauce with a spatula. Arrange veggies like eggplant, Roma tomatoes, yellow squashes, and zucchinis in alternating patterns on top of the sauce from the outer edge to the middle of the pan. Season with basil, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot.
Often credited as amongst the best food in the world, this is made by adding water, butter, sugar, salt, and multi-purpose flour. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and eggs and blend again. Fill this in a piping bag with a star tip and pipe it into hot oil. Cut churros in 6-inch length and roll in cinnamon powder. Serve warm.
6. Baba Ganoush Mediterranean dip
This delicious dip is amongst the most popular foods in the world. To make this amazing world cuisine recipe, brush olive oil on halved eggplants and bake for around 40 minutes. Scrape off the flesh and add garlic, lemon, tahini, and olive oil and mix till you get a smooth consistency. Stir in parsley, salt, and cumin. Serve drizzled with olive oil. Baba Ganoush is served best with a Mediterranean platter of feta cheese, fresh vegetables like tomatoes & cucumber, fruits like halved figs & grapes, salami, pita chips, meatballs, falafel, etc.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Akarna | Bakasana | Apan Vayu | Vakrasana | Prana Mudra | Anxiety Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Bad Padmasana | Khechari Mudra | Balayam Benefits | About Garudasana | About Bhujangasana | How To Do Mayurasana | Bow Yoga Pose | Anger Control Yoga | Parvatasana Benefits | Yoga To Lose Belly Fat | Vayu Mudra Benefits | Benefits Of Doing Yoga | Benefits Of Dandasana | Padahastasana Benefits | Benefits Of Yoga Spiritually | 5 Benefits Of Balasana | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Barbel Curl | Arrow Shrugs | Kickback Exercise | Crunches Exercise | Cult Fit Swimming | Arnold Press Benefits | Best Cable Chest Exercises | Jaw Exercises For Jawline | Chest Exercises For Men | Dumbbell Forearm Exercises | Arm Wing Workout | Benefits Of Bridge Exercise | Back Superset Workout | Cable Pullover For Chest | How To Do Oblique Crunches | Easy Exercises To Increase Height
Top Search Terms Fitness
Trapezitis | Kapalbhati For Irregular Periods | Dark Circles Cause | Different Kinds Of Splits | 2 Benefits Of Gomukhasana | Barbell Landmine Shoulder Press | Procedure Of Uttanpadasana | Pranayama Types And Benefits | Band Workout For Inner Thighs | 5 Frozen Shoulder Exercises For Quick Relief | Can Skipping Help In Increasing Height