Varicose veins are enlarged and twisted muscles that often appear on your legs if you spend long hours sitting or frequently walk in high heels. Some other reasons that increase your risk of varicose veins are obesity, stress, and hormonal fluctuations. If not treated well in time, varicose veins can lead to bluish bruises and also cause pain. To make sure you can treat varicose veins effectively, you can utilize various treatment methods such as compression stocking or do yoga asanas for varicose veins.
Varicose veins don’t go away completely. They, however, can become less visible and do not cause pain if you continuously perform varicose veins exercises, yoga, and other treatment option suggested by doctors.
As far as yoga for varicose veins is concerned, it is suggested that it should be treated as a way to improve blood circulation and reduce the pressure off your veins. If you perform yoga for spider veins on a regular basis, you can prevent the condition from worsening and also reduce their visibility.
Yoga For Varicose Veins: Steps & Poses
Let’s begin with a list of the best yoga poses for varicose veins and their step-by-step guide:
The first and foremost yoga for varicose veins that beginners must-try is this ancient technique of breathing. While there are various types of pranayama for varicose veins, we would suggest you to try Kapalbhati pranayama. It involves rapid breathing that effectively improves blood circulation.
- Sit straight with your back erect.
- Relax your hands on your thighs with your fingers in Anjali mudra.
- Take deep breaths for a while and then start passive inhalation and active exhalation.
- When you exhale, try to pull your stomach muscles as closely as you can towards the backbone.
- Do this pranayama for varicose veins for at least 2-5 minutes.
Also known as Mountain pose, this is one of the best yoga for varicose veins in legs. Tadasana is also quite easy to do. It alleviates the pressure from your limbs and also tones your legs. That’s not it. This yoga also helps in preventing heart-related health issues by controlling your blood pressure.
- Stand straight, placing your feet slightly apart.
- Your body weight should be balanced equally on both feet while your hands are alongside your body.
- Inhale and raise your arms above your head. Interlocking your fingers in a way that your palms are facing upwards.
- Make sure you strengthen the inner arches of your ankles and feel the energy going all the way up to your head.
- Relax all muscles in your face and feel the stretch while maintaining a steady gaze.
- Hold this pose for a few minutes and release.
- Viparita Karani
This is another one of the best yoga for varicose veins in legs. The asana relaxes your legs by taking off any pressure from them. It also boosts the blood circulation in veins and relieves pain due to varicose veins. Apart from varicose veins, this yoga can also help in preventing other health conditions such as acidity, vertigo, headaches, menstrual cramps, and sleep disorders like insomnia.
- Sit facing a wall and raise your legs upon it.
- Lie back on the ground and stretch your arms to the sides. Your palms should be facing upwards.
- Close your eyes and breathe.
- Release this yoga for varicose veins after a few minutes.
Apart from these, you can also perform the following yoga asanas for varicose veins:
Note: To make sure that this yoga for varicose veins turn out to be effective, it is essential that you perform them on an empty stomach in the morning. Also, make sure you learn the right forms and do the yoga in a slow and controlled manner.
What Are The Benefits of Yoga Asanas For Varicose Veins
While asanas for heart blockage help you in preventing and controlling the symptoms, they can also offer plenty of other health benefits too. Some of them are:
- Yoga for heart blockage also improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- It can also strengthen your immunity system
- You can also control blood sugar levels and blood pressure with pranayama for heart blockage.
- It can also improve body postures and prevent neck, back, and shoulder pain.
- You can also reduce stress and anxiety levels by performing regular kapalbhati for heart blockage.
How To Do Yoga For Varicose Veins Safely And Avoid Injury
Whether you are performing yoga for beginners or wish to do advanced-level yoga poses for varicose veins, you must take care of some basic preventative measures to ensure safety. Putting too much pressure or neglecting the right postures can cause pain or even overstretch your muscles. Some of the things to keep in mind while doing yoga for varicose veins are:
- If you have any severe pain in the neck, back or have osteoporosis, avoid yoga for varicose veins.
- Do not overstretch your body if you feel any discomfort or pain.
- Do not eat heavy food or drinks before starting asanas for varicose veins.
- Always wear comfortable clothes and use a yoga mat whether you perform varicose veins exercises or yoga.
- Learn about the yoga poses to avoid with varicose veins from an expert. Some of the exercises and yoga poses to avoid with varicose veins are the ones that include squatting, sit-ups, and others that put too much pressure on your veins.
- Don’t hold your breath but breathe normally when doing yoga for spider veins and varicose veins.
If you or any of your loved ones are suffering from varicose veins, it is time to incorporate yoga in your daily routine. There are plenty of online yoga classes available where you can learn yoga for varicose veins based on your expertise. Once you have learned the asanas for varicose veins, you can also perform them on your own.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Pada Hastasana | Benefits Of Vajrasana | Suryamudra | Cobra Pose Benefits | Mantra Meditation | Cow Face Pose | Pranayama Types And Benefits | Yoga Twist Poses | Mandukasana Yoga | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Balayam Benefits | Halasana Information | Uttanasana Steps | Vipassana Technique | Anger Yoga | Vayu Mudra For Acidity | Apan Mudra | Benefits Of Bakasana |Benefits Of Yoga Mudrasana | Kriya Yoga Learn | Benefits Of Khechari Mudra | How To Increase Creativity In The Brain | Yoni Mudra For Pcos | Best Mudra For Hair Regrowth | Prana Mudra Precautions | Balasana Information In English
Top Search Terms For Exercise
Benefits Of Deadlift | Side Plank Exercise | Does Rope Skipping Increase Height | Hrithik Roshan Daily Routine | Box Jump Equipment | Overhead Walking Lunges | Windshield Wiper Exercise Benefits | Dragon Exercise | How To Do Archer Push Ups | Superman Workout Benefits | Chiseled Male Body | Best Beginner Dumbbell Workout | Proper Air Squat Form
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Scorpion Pose Benefits | Yoga For Good Blood Circulation | Ashwini Mudra Steps | Crocodile Pose Asana | Yoga Nidra Technique | What Is Parvatasana | Standing Tricep Kickbacks | Padmasana Yoga Steps | Yin Yoga For Weight Loss | Best Mudra For Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps And Benefits | Benefits Of Staff Pose