A sedentary life schedule and unhealthy food habits can lead to many diseases- piles or hemorrhoids are one of them. But thankfully, there are several methods that can help you in preventing piles and even cure them. Yoga is one such method. This ancient method of wellness can be used as an effective therapy that can treat piles symptoms and pain associated with it.
If you accompany yoga for piles with proper diet and doctor’s treatment, it can prevent it from getting even worse and can help in its cure. If you too have been stressed with this health issue, you have reached the right spot.
In this article, we have jotted some of the best yoga asanas for piles, their benefits, and much more. Keep reading:
What Is Yoga For Piles?
Before learning yoga for piles problem, it is important to understand how yoga poses for piles work. The main reason is the fact that piles yoga treatment aims at stretching and contracting the anus muscles to keep them relaxed and supple. It also treats any malfunction in the digestive tract – one of the reasons that eventually lead to piles. This is why even health experts recommend yoga for hemorrhoids.
Different Asanas for Piles
There are different types of yoga asanas for piles. You can pick them based on your expertise level or just talk to a yoga expert for suggestions. The ones we have listed below are quite easy and can be done by anyone. Take a look:
- Viparita Karini Or Legs Up The Wall:
Probably the best yoga for piles, Viparita Karini improves the blood circulation to the anus and this was it can help in easing up the symptoms of hemorrhoids. It also reduces the stress in the pelvic area that is often caused due to excessive straining during bowel movements. In addition. Viparita Karani also controls blood pressure, relaxes your body, and lowers stress levels.
How to do it?
- Sit facing the wall.
- Place your legs up on the wall and then lie on your back.
- Your arms should be placed in a comfortable position. You can also massage your abdomen gently.
- Hold this pose for at least 10-15 minutes while taking relaxed breaths.
- Pavanmukhtasana Or Wind Relieving Pose:
As the name suggests, this yoga for piles problem targets the trapped gas and helps in releasing the discomfort in the lower abdomen. You can also try it as yoga for stomach pain. Additionally, it also releases any muscle tension in the anus and also ensures proper blood circulation in the area.
How to do it?
- Lie on the yoga mat with your arms at the sides.
- Now bend your knees and bring them closer to your chest.
- Hold the knees with both hands and interlock the fingers.
- Try to lift your back as much as possible but don’t forget to breathe.
- Hold this asana for piles for 3-4 minutes and then release.
- Malasana or Garland Pose:
If the reason for your hemorrhoids is constipation, you must try this yoga asana. Malasana not only contracts and stretches your abdominal muscles but improves the functions of your entire digestive tract; hence, known as one of the best yoga for piles. It also works on stretching your spine, hips, and buttock for improving flexibility and strength.
How to do it?
- Stand straight placing your legs at least shoulder-wide apart.
- Slowly bend and come into a squat position without bending forward.
- Your spine should be straight.
- Once you are in a full squat, fold your hands in front of your body in the Namaste pose.
- Keep your head straight and look ahead while breathing steadily.
- Hold this asana for piles for 4 minutes. To release the pose, do not stand up but slowly rest your buttocks on the floor.
- Balasana or Child Pose:
Another easy yoga for hemorrhoids, Balasana can be performed by people of all ages. It helps in treating piles by improving the blood circulation in the anus. It can also relieve constipation and relax your body.
How to do it?
- Sit on your heels with your knees either apart or together.
- Now, slowly bend forward and try to touch the floor with your forehead. Exhale as you do this.
- Your arms should rest alongside your body with palms facing up. Or you can also stretch your arms in front with palms facing down on the yoga mat.
- Gently press your chest on the thighs.
- Hold this yoga for piles for as long as you can.
Apart from these, you can also try the following yoga to cure piles or to prevent it in the long run:
- Mulabandhasana or the Root Lock Pose
- Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand
- Baddha Konasana or Bound Angle Pose
Benefits Of Yoga For Piles
While yoga poses for piles help you in relieving the symptoms and pain but that’s not the only benefit you get. Yoga for piles offers plenty of other health benefits too. Some of them are:
- Gives your stronger body
- Strengthens immunity system
- Controls blood sugar level and blood pressure
- Improves body flexibility
- Boosts blood circulation
- Helps in weight management
- Improves body postures
- Lowers stress and anxiety level
- Removes fatigue and tiredness
- Relaxes mind and improves mood
Asanas to Avoid
There are no specific asanas you should avoid when dealing with hemorrhoids but there are a few activities that should not be in your routine. These include strenuous and high-impact exercises such as squats, weightlifting, horse riding, and so on, which can put too much pressure on your abdominals or hemorrhoids. This can increase pain, irritation, and even bleeding.
Also even when you perform yoga for piles, make sure you do not end up pushing your anus muscles too much. Talk to a yoga expert and they can guide you about the right forms and techniques of yoga to cure piles. You can also take online yoga classes and learn the best yoga for piles.
Managing piles symptoms is crucial whether you have it for the first time or it is a recurring thing. We would suggest you take up piles yoga treatment on a regular basis and also contact your doctor to discuss an appropriate treatment plan if there is an underlying cause for your hemorrhoids.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Pada Hastasana | Benefits Of Vajrasana | Suryamudra | Cobra Pose Benefits | Mantra Meditation | Cow Face Pose | Pranayama Types And Benefits | Yoga Twist Poses | Mandukasana Yoga | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Balayam Benefits | Halasana Information | Uttanasana Steps | Vipassana Technique | Anger Yoga | Vayu Mudra For Acidity | Apan Mudra | Benefits Of Bakasana |Benefits Of Yoga Mudrasana | Kriya Yoga Learn | Benefits Of Khechari Mudra | How To Increase Creativity In The Brain | Yoni Mudra For Pcos | Best Mudra For Hair Regrowth | Prana Mudra Precautions | Balasana Information In English
Top Search Terms For Exercise
Benefits Of Deadlift | Side Plank Exercise | Does Rope Skipping Increase Height | Hrithik Roshan Daily Routine | Box Jump Equipment | Overhead Walking Lunges | Windshield Wiper Exercise Benefits | Dragon Exercise | How To Do Archer Push Ups | Superman Workout Benefits | Chiseled Male Body | Best Beginner Dumbbell Workout | Proper Air Squat Form
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Scorpion Pose Benefits | Yoga For Good Blood Circulation | Ashwini Mudra Steps | Crocodile Pose Asana | Yoga Nidra Technique | What Is Parvatasana | Standing Tricep Kickbacks | Padmasana Yoga Steps | Yin Yoga For Weight Loss | Best Mudra For Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps And Benefits | Benefits Of Staff Pose