When you think of aÂ cardio workout, your mind probably travels to a gym packed with sweaty people performing difficult exercises. It does not have to be that way though. There are various interesting ways to spike your heart rate and workout your entire body without having to leave your house. Wonder what we are talking about?Â Cardio Exercises.Cardio exercisesÂ help in building muscle by pumping oxygen-rich blood to muscles, burning calories, and building stamina. As the name suggests, cardio exercisesÂ bring into play our cardiorespiratory system. They help in the general well-being of the body by increasing bone density and maintaining a strong core. Cardio exercisesÂ are also known to help maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk of diabetes, heart diseases, and high blood pressure.With an efficient cardio workoutÂ routine that is followed regularly, one can see immense changes in one's body. Cardio at homeÂ can be performed at the leisure of your own time and space. Cardio workouts increase your heart rate for a set period of time. Â Cardio exercisesÂ are one of the easiest ways to break a sweat. What is even better is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home. One can perform cardio exercises at homeÂ as it does not require much space or the use of any particular gym equipment.
These are some of the best cardio exercisesÂ that you can perform at home:
- Skipping Ropes
- When you are continuously jumping, your heart rate automatically rises because you are moving your entire body and using its entire weight for jumping. Using a skipping rope also works your joints and muscles, and is one of the best cardio weight loss exercises. Skipping rope can also be a warm-up exercise for your body before performing other exercises as your body is pumped up on adrenaline after skipping rope and is, therefore, a great cardio exercise to perform at home.Â
- A very fun way to get your heart racing and the adrenaline pumping is Zumba. Dance routines combined with a multitude of different exercises, Zumba is an excellent cardio exerciseÂ that can be performed at home. From arms and legs to abdomen, back and lower back, a good Zumba routine can have you sweating with lots of satisfaction by the end of it.Â
- A perfect full-body cardio exerciseÂ that helps in strength training is burpees. Have a fast, quick cardio kick and see in two minutes how many burpees you can do. Alternatively, you can try the 100-burpee challenge and, in 10 minutes, try doing 100 burpees. Including burpees in your daily workout routine is a good idea for fast weight loss results.Â
- Jumping Lunges
- This is a fun workout routine you can incorporate into your daily cardio exerciseÂ at home. With absolutely no need for any equipment, jumping lunges is an excellent cardio workout that helps strengthen your core. You do not even need a lot of space for performing this exercise. Jumping lunges make use of the whole body by giving it shape when followed regularly.Â
- A great cardio exerciseÂ to reduce belly fat, crunches are a very popular abdominal exercise. Combining different forms of crunches engages your abdomen and obliques, and helps build abs. Crunches target the rectus abdominis that runs along with the popularly called '6 pack muscles'. They are also known to work on strengthening your core.
- Squats are a great way to engage your hips, knee joints and ankle. Squats not only help in developing strength and stamina but also help in boosting calorie burn. They help shape your lower limbs and back. When performed correctly, squats can help you get into very good shape.Â
- Butt kicks
- Butt kicks use your hamstrings and stretch your flexors and quadri-biceps. They are extremely effective for building oneâ€™s glute and with lean muscles. What is even better about butt kicks is that they can be performed by people at all levels of experience in workouts. They do not require much space and are an easy cardio exercise at home.Â
- Mountain climbers
- Although mountain climbers are considered a lower body workout, they are a great way to get a cardio workout at home. They engage your arms and core completely and help in losing stubborn belly fat. They get your heart pumping and are a good strength exercise to test your body balance and stamina.Â
- High-intensity interval training
- High-intensity interval workouts (HIIT) move your body from aerobic activity periods to anaerobic activity periods. Your body uses oxygen when your body is in the 'aerobic mode'. Your body uses its stored energy instead of oxygen when it is in the 'anaerobic mode'. One of the best cardio exercises to do at home, HIIT cardio workout routines utilize your entire body.Â
- Jogging on the same spot
- You donâ€™t have a treadmill at home and donâ€™t want to hit the gym either? We've got the perfect cardio exercise recommendation for you. Jogging on the spot is known to be an effective way to burn several calories. Known to increase lung capacity and strengthening the heart, jogging on the spot is an excellent way to get a cardio workout at home.
Is the Corona Virus outbreak making you miss your daily gym? Are you scared to go out and get a quick run? You have nothing to worry about. With these cardio exercises that you can perform in your house, we have got you covered. Cardio exercises are known to help in weight loss by facilitating fat burning, strengthening cardiovascular muscles, toning your body, and much more. They are highly effective when performed regularly. Cardio exercisesÂ are brilliant for beginners as they help build the required stamina for exercising. Regular cardio exercisesÂ are extremely beneficial for the health of your heart and blood vessels. Most cardio workouts do not require much equipment or space and can easily be performed at home. Scheduling and incorporating cardio exercisesÂ inÂ your daily routine can do wonders for your physical and mental health as they also help you sleep better, reduce stress levels, and improve your mood. Say cheers to good health with cardio exercises at home!