It is a common belief that yoga aims to improve your body's flexibility while maintaining peace of mind. However, yoga is also one of the best ways for strengthening your inner core. In fact, strength and flexibility go hand in hand. The stronger your body is the deeper you can fold it. Moreover, this strength is not just about your physical calibre but also mental. You can use yoga for mental strength or yoga for pranayama just as effectively as you can use yoga for body strength. All you need to do is build a yoga routine for strength. To help you in that, here are the 5 best yoga postures for building strength and stamina. Practice them on a regular basis and see the magical results.
5 Best Yoga Routine for Strength
Warrior II (Virabhadrasana II)
As fierce as it sounds, Virabhadrasana II is great standing yoga for core strength. It focuses on your legs, arms, core, and back. Hold this pose for a longer time with the best possible alignment to draw more strength. Apart from being yoga for strength, Virabhadrasana II also increases your concentration power. As you hone your gazing skills, you also get the practice to clear your mind and focus on your vision clearly with this yoga for strength. Step-By-Step Instructions:
• Start by standing in simple Tadasana or Mountain Pose. Now, take a big step back with your left leg.
• Your left toes should point to the face on the mat.
• Now, bend your left knee and align it directly over the ankle.
• Turn your right foot at 90 degrees with toes pointing forward.
• Raise your arms and turn them into a T-shape, parallel to the ground.
• Engage your core muscles and feel the strength from shoulder to pelvis muscles.
• Make sure your torse is straight and perpendicular to the floor.
• Turn your gaze across the tip of the middle finger of your right hand.
• Hold the pose for one minute.
• To release, inhale as you gently press down the left leg and straighten it.
• Repeat this yoga for strength on the opposite side.
Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana)
If you are someone whose job involves sitting on the desk for hours, this yoga for strength is best for you. The boat pose works on your abdominal as well as hip muscles. You can try this yoga for strength and stamina while teaching you about your breath, attention span, and even your emotions. While trying this yoga for strength, make sure you maintain the V-pose properly. Step-By-Step Instructions:
• Sit straight on your yoga mat with your legs out in front.
• Now, lean back a bit and bend your knees. Lift your legs off the floor and maintain balance on your tailbone. Do not round up your back but keep the spine straight.
• You can also straighten your legs if you can.
• Engage your abdominal muscles as you lift your hands and straighten them.
• Now, your body should be in a V-pose.
• Draw your chest towards the leg and your legs towards your chest.
• Hold this pose for 10 breaths.
• To build core strength, move back and forth with breaks.
Three-Legged Dog (Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana)
This is probably the best yoga for strength on this list. A variation of classic Downward Dog Pose, Three-Legged Dog or Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana gives the extra work o body by lifting one leg. You will feel the burn in the upper and inner thigh with this yoga for strength and flexibility. What more? This yoga for strength also improves body posture and balance. It is also a good yoga for mental strength as it quiets the mind and brings relaxation. Step-By-Step Instructions:
• Begin the pose with the class downward pose with your arms and legs supporting the body in an upside-down V-shape.
• Now, push back and up in the shoulder blades. Keep them steady and support the upper body.
• Similarly, engage your core muscles by pulling the navel in and keep both legs firmly on the ground.
• Slowly, lift your left leg up.
• Do not lift your left buttock and engage the right standing leg.
• Hold the pose for 10 breaths.
• Repeat this yoga for strength but with the right leg this time.
Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
Chair pose or Utkatsana looks quite a simple and easy yoga for core strength. But when you perform it, you will understand that this pose requires a good deal of flexibility, strength, and stability. This yoga for strength also helps in strengthening your thighs and stabilizing your knees. To get more strength, hold this yoga for strength for as long as you can. Step-By-Step Instructions:
• First, stand straight on the mat.
• Now, raise your hands up above your head with your palms facing each other.
• Bend your knees and sit as deeply as you can as if you are sitting on a chair.
• Engage the abdominal muscles while maintaining the pose.
• Hold the chair pose for at least 10 breaths.
Four-Limbed Staff Pose (Chaturanga Dandasana)
If you are looking for an effective yoga for core strength, Four-Limbed Staff Pose (Chaturanga Dandasana) must be in your routine. This is basically the plank pose but much more tough. This yoga for strength is also practiced during the Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation pose. Apart from being yoga for strength and stamina, Chaturanga Dandasana maintains core stability and improves body postures. Step-By-Step Instructions:
• Start with the plank pose and then shift your weight forward to your toes. Your shoulders should come in front of your wrists.
• Slowly, bend your elbows back to lower your chest.
• When your shoulder is in line with your shoulders, step and hold the pose.
• Hold this pose for as long as you can.
The Bottom LineYoga for strength is becoming popular as people are getting more conscious about their health. You can also become strong by adding these poses to your yoga routine for strength. In addition to strength, you can also use such yoga for mental strength and yoga for stress relief.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Siddhasan | Makarasana | Mandookasan | Gomukhasana | Uttanapadasana | Surya Finger | Kesari Mudra | Aum Chanting | Chakrasana Yoga | Garudasana Steps | Virasana Meaning | Skandasana Variations | Padahastasana Steps | Parvatasana Procedure | Benefits Of Bakasana | Mudra For Gastritis | Vajrasana Variations | Pranayama Steps | Balayam Results | Pran Vayu Mudra | Benefits Of Vakrasana | Tortoise Pose Yoga | Karna Dhanurasana | Yogamudrasana Benefits | Naukasana (Boat Pose) | Yoni Mudra Benefits | Mudra For Weight Loss | Chandrasana Yoga Poses | Supta Dandasana Variation | Shambhavi Mudra Benefits | Mayurasana Steps And Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Russian Twists | Cat And Camel | Pullover Dumbbell | Barbell Curl Benefits | Standing Leg Curl | Hang Snatch Exercise | How To Do Skipping | How To Do High Knees | Exercise For Hand Fat | Back Kick Exercise Benefits | Free Hand Exercises At Home | Seated Back Row Machine Muscles Worked
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Trapezitis Symptoms | Apan Vayu Mudra Benefits | Best Mudra For Depression | Does Mango Shake Cause Acne | Benefits Of Ashwini Mudra | Padmasana Steps And Benefits | Height Increase Exercise At Home | Exercise To Reduce Hips And Thighs