What Is Lemon Coriander Soup?
Soup can always be medicine and provide the best warmth with a smoothening feel, especially during winter chills and help a person relax in the most unexplainable way. Other soup recipes like spinach soup, broccoli almond soup, chicken soup, beetroot soup and cauliflower soup are beneficial to the physical health of an individual. However, lemon coriander soup is the best remedy when one is down with fever, cough and cold to keep them warm. It is a comforting food that is healthy and delicious too at the same time. Lemon coriander soup is effortless to make and looks clear, resembling a broth. It is light on the stomach and also acts as a wonderful appetiser. One can also convert it to a non-vegetarian soup by incorporating chicken and making a chicken lemon coriander soup. The lemon coriander chicken soup recipe is also easy to make by just adding boiled chicken.
The nutritional value per serving of lemon coriander soup is mentioned here. This clearly states that everyone widely uses a lemon coriander soup for weight loss during diet and fitness journeys.
Energy 67 Cal
Protein 1.4 g
Carbohydrates 9.1 g
Fibre 2.5 g
Fat 2.8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 642.9 mcg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.1 mg
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.1 mg
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.7 mg
Vitamin C 30.8 mg
Vitamin E 0.1 mg
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) 23.6 mcg
Calcium 69.1 mg
Iron 1.3 mg
Magnesium 22 mg
Phosphorus 159.1 mg
Sodium 23.8 mg
Potassium 143.8 mg
Zinc 0.3 mg
The ingredients required to make a lemon coriander soup are:
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped spring onion bulbs – 1 medium
- Chopped ginger – 1-inch piece
- Gram flour (besan) – 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable stock – 4.5 cups
- Chopped Cabbage – 0.25 cup
- Carrot cubes – 1 medium
- Crushed peppercorn black – 8
- Salt – required to taste
Recipe Of Lemon Coriander Soup
The recipe to create a lemon coriander soup is discussed below:
- First, take a pan and place it on high flame and add some oil to it.
- Once the oil turns hot, add the chopped garlic and green chillies and chopped spring onion and ginger.
- Until the ingredients are translucent, keep sauteing and then drop the chopped cabbages.
- Drop the carrot cubes and then keep frying for few minutes.
- Then add the vegetable stock followed by lemon juice and the salt to taste the above mixture.
- When the soup begins to boil, add a mix of cornflour with water into the soup and simmer it for two minutes.
- Once it is done, sprinkle and garnish the soup with chopped coriander.
- Mix them well and switch off the flame.
- Serve the lemon coriander soup hot in a presentable and beautiful bowl.
Health Benefits Of Lemon Coriander Soup
The health benefits of a lemon coriander soup are mainly the vitamin C content loaded in it. They are:
- It fights stress with high amounts of vitamin C. Studies state that obese people and people addicted to drinking and smoking habits exhibit low vitamin C levels, which increases the stress levels in their system extensively.
- Vitamin C in the lemon coriander soup recipe is seen to prevent the occurrence of cough and cold and various infections like pneumonia and other lung-related problems.
- Vitamin C in the lemon coriander soup benefits fighting the ageing process as it is loaded with antioxidants. It delays wrinkle formation as it keeps the skin moisturised.
Advantages Of The Lemon Coriander Soup Ingredients To The Human System
The various ingredients used to make the lemon coriander soup have numerous good effects on the body, and they are mentioned below. They are:
- The lemon juice added to any lemon coriander soup recipe is a good source of vitamin C and help to produce more white blood cells and antibodies in the blood. This prevents the invasion of various microorganisms and infections, thereby building immunity. In addition, vitamin C in the lemon juice prevents the common cold.
- The ascorbic acid in the lemon juice while adding it up to the chicken lemon coriander soup will support the absorption of iron from the diet extensively. This helps to treat anaemia.
- Coriander is a flavour enhancer in most Indian dishes. This is also loaded with vitamin C and acts as a fresh herb to garnish the dish. Vitamin A is another essential component of this ingredient that, along with vitamin C, helps to improve the immune system. The red blood cells in the body are preserved or increased with the intake of coriander in any form as it is rich in iron and folate. Coriander leaves are also seen to reduce cholesterol and treat diabetic patients effectively.
- The phytonutrients present in the onions in a lemon coriander soup help to build white blood cells in the body. It also improves the body's defence mechanism towards all illnesses. In addition, it contains the most vital antioxidant known as quercetin, which increases the good cholesterol levels in the body and reduces the risk of many cardiovascular problems. The sulphur is another significant component in onions that is helpful to clot blood and acts as a suitable blood thinner. Onions are again used to treat diabetes and lower blood pressure.
- Carrots in the veg lemon coriander soup have beta carotene that is very useful for eye health and improves vision. Beta carotene is a form of vitamin A that prevents night blindness. Furthermore, it lowers blood pressure and cholesterol and, with lower fibre levels, helps relieve constipation problems.
- Cabbage is an effective ingredient of the lemon and coriander soup to lose weight as it is deficient in calories. In addition, it has high amounts of flavonoids and anthocyanins, which reduces the risk of inflammation and all infections. Cabbage is used as a herbal medicine in many traditional medical practices and is effective to treat diabetes.
A human system cannot produce the necessary vitamins for the body by itself, and hence it has to be delivered through diet. For example, vitamin C or ascorbic acid, which is the main content of lemon coriander soup, is the dietary necessity for the current circumstance in a world of stress to fight various health issues.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam | Chakrasana | Naukasana | Kurmasana | Mandukasana | Padahastasana | Parvatasana | Bakasana | Mayurasana | Siddhasana | Uttanpadasana | Barbell Curl | Yoni Mudra | Vayu Mudra | Prana Mudra | Om Chanting | Khechari Mudra | Surya Mudra | Pranayama Types | Yoga Mudrasana | Ashwini Mudra | Padmasana Benefits | Supta Vajrasana | Ardha Chandrasana | Makarasana Benefits | Garudasana Benefits | Dandasana Benefits | Virasana Benefits | Apan Vayu Mudra
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Seated Row | Leg Curl Exercise | Snatch Exercise | Kickback Exercise | Free Hand Exercise | Russian Twist Exercise | High Knees Exercise | Hand Fat Loss Exercise | Cat And Camel Exercise | Does Skipping Increase Height | How To Reduce Thighs And Hips | Pullover Exercise For Which Muscle
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Trapezitis | Gomukhasana Benefits | Akarna Dhanurasana | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Vakrasana Benefits | Skandasana Benefits | Does Mango Cause Acne | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Best Time For Exercise To Increase Height