Virabhadrasana 3 is an intermediate-level yoga asana that helps in improving your sense of balance and strengthening the muscles of your core and legs. This asana is also known as the aeroplane pose and the Warrior 3 pose.
To do this asana, you have to balance the whole weight of your body on one leg. To add to the balancing challenge, you have to keep your arms, one leg, and torso parallel to the floor. This might sound a little hard to practice but you will be motivated to do it once you know all the benefits of Virabhadrasana 3.
In this article, we are going to cover the Virabhadrasana 3 benefits, how to do Virabhadrasana 3, precautions to keep in mind while practising this asana, and much more. If you want to increase your sense of balance, you should read this guide till the end and add this asana to your daily workout routine
Benefits Of Virabhadrasana 3
Here is a list of some Virabhadrasana 3 benefits that you get by practising this asana regularly:
1. It Activates The Muscles Of Your Lower Body:
As we just mentioned, your whole weight is balanced with just one leg. So to maintain the pose for a long time, the muscles of your legs must be engaged and activated.
2. It Helps In Reducing Body Fat:
Warrior three pose can help you even if you want to reduce your body fat along with balancing your body. Since this asana requires you to engage your muscles intensely, you generate a lot of heat in your body. The heat is generated at the expense of extra calories and fat present in your body. Stick to this asana and you will end up with a fit and toned body.
3. It Improves Your Focus:
While doing warrior iii pose, you have to maintain your focus and concentration to the peak. Otherwise, you can not balance your body on one leg and will eventually fall down. Hence, a regular practice of this asana helps in improving your ability to focus and clear your mind of unnecessary thoughts.
4. It Makes The Health of Your Heart Better:
When you are holding the warrior iii pose, your rate of oxygen consumption is quite high. As you gradually increase the time period of holding the pose, you enhance your cardiovascular endurance. There are various scientific studies done on warrior three pose which show that when you add this asana to other standing asanas in your home workouts, your heart health gets better.
5. It Sharpens Your Memory:
One indirect benefit of this asana is the sharpening of memory. With the improved ability of concentration and focus, your memory also gets revitalized and becomes sharp over time.
How To Do Virabhadrasana iii - A Step-by-Step Guide
Here is an easy step-by-step guide that will help you practice warrior 3 yoga pose the right way:
- Start this asana by first getting into the Warrior I position
- Move your hands to your hips, lean forward, shift your weight into the left foot (which should be the forward foot). Keep your right knee (right foot should be the rear one) bent while you float your right foot in the air.
- Slowly, make your torso parallel to the floor, straighten your left leg, balance the weight with the help of lifting the right foot at the same time.
- Now, you have to keep your neck relaxed and spine neutral.
- Pause here for a few seconds and then gradually bring your arms back.
- Bend the left leg and get yourself in the Warrior I pose again.
- You can repeat this asana, this time bringing your left foot in the air.
Tips For Beginners
Here is a list of some beginner’s tips that will help you get the best out of this asana:
- Sometimes, the bone of the leg in the air gets raised while you are in the Virabhadrasana iii pose. You can release the hip of that side to the ground until both hip points come to the same level.
- If your knee is getting locked or it is hyperextending while you are straightening the front knee, you can prevent that from happening by imagining that your front calf is resting forward, in front of the shin.
The following poses can warm up and prepare your body for yoga warrior 3:
- Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Salute)
- High Lunge
- Plank Pose
- Supta Padangusthasana (Reclining Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose)
- Navasana (Boat Pose)
- Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge)
- Urdhva Prasarita Eka Padasana (Standing Splits)
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
- Parsvottanasana (Intense Side Stretch)
Warrior 3 yoga pose is a quite intense yoga asana that needs you to deeply stretch your muscles. To neutralize this stretch and loosen your muscles, you have to do some counter poses. Here is a list of some counterposes that you can do after practising yoga warrior 3:
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Balasana (Child’s Pose)
Precautions And Safety Points
You can reap all the Warrior 3 pose benefits only when you stay safe during the exercise. Here is a list of some precautions and safety points to keep in mind while practicing this yoga for beginners:
- If you are pregnant, you should first consult your doctor before adding Virabhadrasana 3 to your home workout. If the doctor says that it is safe to practice Virabhadrasana 3, you can use a chair or support block to balance your body and reduce the chances of falling down.
- Virabhadrasana 3 is an intermediate-level asana and hence it might take you some time to master it. If you are having difficulties following our guide, you can join online yoga classes and learn the right pose from yoga trainers.
- If you have balance-related problems, high blood pressure, any type of injury in the shoulders, back, ankles, knees, or hips, you should avoid this asana as it can worsen your problem instead of treating it.
Virabhadrasana 3 is a great asana to improve your body balance and ability to focus. It works on your legs muscles, back muscles, core muscles, and various other major muscle groups. Follow our step-by-step guide and you will be doing the right Virabhadrasana 3 pose within a few days.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vipassana | Vajroli Mudra | Balayam Yoga | Balasana Yoga | Gomukhasana Yoga | Bakasana Yoga | Mudra For Stomach Pain | Benefits Of Surya Namaskar For Weight Loss | Bhujang Asana Is Good For Improving | Steps Of Padmasana | Uttanasana Pose | Mantra For Mental Peace | Vakrasana Meaning | What Is Yoni Mudra | Best Mudra For White Hair To Black | About Padahastasana | Gyan Mudra Asana | Steps Of Shambhavi Mahamudra | Scorpio Asana | Best Yoga For Blood Circulation | Mandukasana Precautions | Mudra Elements | Benefits Of Doing Halasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Squates | Box Jumps Exercise | Bicep Exercises With Dumbbells At Home | Lunges Exercise Meaning | Barbell Sumo Deadlift | Dumbbell Kickback Exercise | How To Get Chiseled Body | Superman Exercise Variations | Side To Side Plank Benefits | Benefits Of Diamond Pose | Does Skipping Increase Weight | Hrithik Roshan Fitness Routine | Abs Dragon Flag | Windshield Wiper Ab Exercise | How To Do Archer Push Up | Exercises To Boost Creativity
Search Terms For Fitness
Different Types Of Pranayama And Benefits | Kesari Mudra Benefits | Half Peacock Pose | Chaturanga Yoga Meaning | How To Do Yoga Nidra At Home | Yoga Poses For Anger Management | Mudra Apana Vayu | Yogamudrasana Benefits | Is Yin Yoga Good For Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Blog | Parvatasana Definition | In Makarasana The Body Looks Like