What Is Immunity?
Immunity is a body function to protect it from various pathogens, infections, bacteria and viruses. This is done through proper diet and physical exercise. Immunity power is essential for any human being to stay hale and healthy. The ability of the body to resist such invasion are of various types, and they are known as innate immunity, passive immunity and acquired immunity.
What Are Immunity Boosting Drinks?
There are specific food items and immune booster juice that play a vital role in improving immunity power with proper nutrients, vitamins and minerals. In order to make this a part of the regular diet, drinks from the ingredients that boost immunity can be made. This is referred to as an immune system booster drink. The immune system is active, always trying to find out which cells belong to the body to eliminate all the foreign bodies. Hence it constantly requires a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals to keep performing its essential functions and keep going. An immunity booster drink recipe at home can be juice or smoothie with milk or water. One can consume the immunity booster drink at home in the morning to kickstart the day with a refreshing feel with a boost for the body against natural defences.
Preparation Methods And Recipes
An immunity booster drink at home can be easily made and included in the daily diet. The methods to prepare such immunity boosting drinks at home are discussed for everyone's easy understanding.
1. Immunity Tea
The tea to boost immunity is a type of digestive tea that help with the digestion process and treats problems related to the gut. This immunity tea is an effective immunity booster that also acts as an anti-inflammatory that also works wonders to clean the lymphatic system. It is the best way to cleanse waste and toxins from the body. This immunity booster drink is prepared with water, ginger roots and fresh turmeric. In case fresh turmeric is not available, one can make use of ground turmeric powder.
- The ginger roots and turmeric have to be finely grated and infused with water.
- A small pinch of fresh black pepper is added to the pot, and this activates turmeric.
- Bring water to simmer and then boil the tea with all the above ingredients.
- Then keep cooking for few minutes by turning off the heat by adding small quantities of lemon and a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil.
- Once the tea cools down, one must stir raw honey to taste good. Sugar kills good gut bacteria and so honey is the best sugar substitute.
- Serve this immunity drink recipe in a presentable cup.
2. Badam Milk
Badams or almonds are a well-known immunity booster, and by incorporating milk into them, they taste yummier and rich.
- Soak almonds in hot water for at least 20 minutes to make this drink.
- After that, remove them from water and peel the skin. At this stage, it will be effortless to remove the skin.
- Transfer them to a blender and add some milk to make it into a smooth paste. Leave it aside.
- Now take a pan and put it on medium heat with some milk. Add saffron strands to it and leave it for some time. Once it boils, drop the prepared almond paste into it.
- Stir them well together.
- Lower the heat and allow the milk to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Keep occasionally stirring to prevent the milk from getting stuck to the pan.
- Once the raw smell of the almonds goes away, add sugar and stir it until it becomes completely dissolved.
- Drop in crushed cardamom seeds and add rose water. Adding rose water is entirely optional.
- Either serve this immunity booster drink recipe hot or refrigerate it and serve it cold.
Solkadhi is another famous immunity drink from Goa.
- Kokum is rinsed in water and then add water to it. This will enable the kokum to be soaked.
- After 30 minutes, crush and squeeze them with the finger along with the water.
- Once they form a mushy texture, pour the kokum along with water in a strainer.
- Press the shreds with a spoon so that the flavours are also extracted well.
- Prepare thick coconut milk and add it to the above mixture.
- Add salt to taste and mix them all well together.
- Leave it aside for some time.
- Take a pan and add cumin and mustard seed along with some oil
- Once it crackles, drop in curry leaves along with dry chillies and crushed garlic cloves.
- Saute for one minute or so and add a pinch of asafoetida powder.
- Drop the kokum and coconut milk mixture to it and incorporate it well.
- Garnish finely chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Refrigerate and serve this immunity booster drink recipe cold.
4. Turmeric Latte
Turmeric is the most vital immunity drink of all time. Besides just turmeric, this immunity booster drink also has other ingredients that help in increasing immunity power.
- Take a saucepan and whisk together the milk, cinnamon, turmeric, grated ginger and black pepper.
- The choice of milk here can be almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
- Allow it to simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Then turn off the stove and add sugar.
- Strain the mixture and pour them into cups.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon and dried rose petals.
- Serve this immunity booster drink in a presentable cup.
Uses of Immunity Booster Drinks
The various benefits of consuming an immunity booster drink are:
- Immunity drink speeds up the healing process.
- An immunity booster drink can replenish the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients in the body.
- Immune system booster drink will help to protect the body from all foreign invasions.
- An immunity drink increases the energy and capability of a person.
- Immune system booster drink will help manage body weight, blood pressure, growth, cholesterol, and digestion.
There are numerous food ingredients like berries, kiwi, apples, red grapes, spinach, onions, kale, citrus fruits, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, garlic, chicken, and carrots to improve immunity power. The above recipes can also create new immunity drink recipes and experiment with all the immune booster juice.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vakrasana | Uttanasana | Balasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Bakasana | Parvatasana | Mayurasana | Kurmasana | Astavakrasana | Vrischikasana Benefits | Skandasana Benefits | Vayu Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Balayam Yoga | Padmasana Benefits | Makarasana Benefits | Dandasana Benefits | Gomukhasana Benefits | Yoga Mudrasana | Vajrasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Prana Mudra Benefits | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Yoga for Thigh Fat | Archer Push Ups Benefits | Apana Vayu Mudra Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Side Plank | Kickback Exercise | How to Gain Muscle | Benefits of Butt Kicks | Benefits of Box Jumps | Yoga to increase Height | Push Pull Legs Workout | Skipping increases Height | Cat and Camel Exercise | Benefits of Superman Exercise | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine
Top Search Terms Fitness
Mangoes causes Acne | How to do Kriya Yoga | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra steps | Yoga for Anger Management | Halasana steps for Beginners | Eka Pada Sirsasana Benefits | Types of Pranayama and Benefits | Home Remedies for Irregular Periods