Once you develop a love for chocolate, there is no going back. The chocolate craving can come up anytime and there is nothing better than a delicious, fluffy, and rich chocolate mousse to satisfy your taste buds. But you cannot always run to a restaurant to get it. In such a case, chocolate mousse recipes always come to the rescue. Unlike what most people think, this classic French dessert is quite easy to make. Whether you want an eggless chocolate mousse or the all-time famous dark chocolate mousse, there is an easy chocolate mousse recipe for all. To help you out, we have jotted down the easiest and fastest chocolate mousse recipe even newbies can make. Given below is the best chocolate mousse recipe that you can at home in just 20 minutes! Read on:
What You Need For The Best Chocolate Mousse Recipe?
Not every chocolate mousse recipe uses the same kind of ingredients. In fact, you can also experiment with the simple chocolate mousse recipe to bring a new taste. But the chocolate mousse that we are going to make today contains five main ingredients which are as follows:
- Chocolate: The obvious main ingredient of easy chocolate mousse is nothing but chocolate. To make sure you make the best chocolate mousse, buy the chocolate from the baking aisle of a grocery store and not from confectionary stores as the former melts easily and is smoother. Further, which type of chocolate you want depends on your taste preferences. In case you want dark chocolate mousse, pick the dark chocolate. Similarly, use white chocolate for white chocolate mousse.
- Cream: Cream makes your mousse light and fluffy. To increase the taste of your chocolate mousse recipe, pick the heavier cream.
- Sugar: Buy granulated sugar to adjust the taste as per your choice.
- Eggs: When searching for the right ingredients for your chocolate mousse, this is where you need to make careful decisions. They are the ones that make chocolate mousse recipes just like restaurants. While you may skip this when you are making eggless chocolate mousse, you will have to compromise on the taste.
- Butter: Buy a good quality and low-fat butter if you are health-conscious. Make sure it is an unsalted butter cube to avoid the salty flavor in your chocolate mousse.
For decoration, you can also include whipped cream and chocolate shaving and make the perfect chocolate mousse.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
After gathering all the ingredients, it is time to learn about the easy chocolate mousse recipe. You can follow this even if you have never tried any of the chocolate mousse recipes. Just read and follow the steps:Ingredients Quantity:
- 3 eggs (~55g)
- 125g dark chocolate , bittersweet / 70% cocoa (Note 1)
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
Chocolate Mousse Recipe: InstructionsStep 1: Take the raw eggs and separate yolks while it is cold. Place the egg white and yolk in separate bowls. Step 2: Now, whisk the egg yolks properly. Step 3: Take a bowl. Add chocolate and butter to it. Put it into the microwave for 30 seconds bursts for melting. You can also stir the mixtures to make sure it is smooth. Keep it aside for cooling. Step 4: Put the cream in a bowl and beat it until you notice stiff peaks. Step 5: Come back to the egg white. Add sugar in it and whisk it like cream. You will notice peaks form. Step 6: It is time for folding. Take egg yolks and add them into the cream using a rubber spatula. Step 7: Check the temperature of the chocolate; it should be runny and lukewarm. Step 8: Now, add the chocolate into the cream and yolk mixture. Fold through at least 8 times. Step 9: In this mixture, add 1/4 of beaten egg whites and fold again. You should fold at least 10 times to blend the white lumps properly. Step 10: Again pour this chocolate mixture into the egg white and fold through at least 12 times. Make sure no white lump remains. Step 11: Pour this mixture into 4 small glasses or pots. Keep them in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or overnight. Step 12: Garnish it with cream and chocolate shaving. Finally serve the chocolate mousse. You can also add raspberries to add a few more colors!Note: In case you are making eggless chocolate mousse, just skip the egg part and mix the whipped cream and melted chocolate to make the simple chocolate mousse recipe.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe Notes
Following a chocolate mousse recipe is easy but you must also know a few tips to get the best results. Below, we have listed down some of the expert notes you should keep in mind when following a quick chocolate mousse recipe:
- Whether you are making dark chocolate mousse or the simple one, you should use dark chocolate. Bittersweet dark chocolate and 70% cocoa dark chocolate work best to get a good flavor. However, if you are making white chocolate mousse, avoid dark chocolate.
- Separating egg whites from the yolk is easy when eggs are cold. But, to make sure the white fluffs up better, let the eggs stay at room temperature for a while after taking them out of the fridge.
- If you are adding flavorings, do not pour them in just melted chocolate as it might seize and become grainy. Rather, add them into butter.
- Always choose the cream that can be whipped easily. For this, pick a thick and heavy cream.
- When it comes to storing, use airtight containers. It is best consumed within two days but you can keep it for a week as well.
Loved this chocolate mousse recipe? You can also try some other famous recipes made with chocolate such as: