Bananas are an all-time favorite of kids and adults alike. And it is not just the taste but also the impressive nutritional profile of bananas that make it one of the best fruits to include in your meals. And by adding into meals doesn’t just mean eating it raw. You can make plenty of yummy recipes from bananas and enjoy the delicious fruit right away. From banana smoothie to banana walnut cake, there is a lot you can try at home. This article is also about one popular banana recipe that is not only loved by all but is easy to make too. That is none other than a whole wheat eggless banana bread! It is so soft and delicious that you can’t help but relish it regularly. If you have kids who throw tantrums while eating fruits, this is the best banana bread recipe that can solve your trouble. Serve it to your little ones and see the magic! Now wait no more and learn how to make this banana recipe right away!
Whole Wheat Banana Bread Recipe
All set to make your banana bread that’s both vegan and eggless? Below is a quick and easy banana bread recipe you can try at home even when you are a newbie. It will take no more than 45 minutes to prepare this recipe. Let’s begin with the ingredient list of this easy banana bread recipe. Read and don’t forget to take notes:
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Flavorings such as cinnamon, vanilla, or nutmeg
- Sunflower seeds (to make it more nutritious)
- The first way to make vegan banana bread is to preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes. Simultaneously, slice the overripe or ripe bananas into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar into bananas. If you wish to make the banana bread healthier, switch the white sugar with brown sugar. You can also use palm sugar, coconut sugar, jaggery, or even maple syrup for the sweetness. However, the flavor can differ.
- Now, mash the sugar and bananas using a fork or a masher. Make sure you mash till you get a smooth consistency with no lumps or chunks left behind. You can also switch to a blender to attain finer consistency.
- It is time to add the oil. Though you can put any oil in the banana mixture, we would suggest going for a non-flavored oil, like sunflower oil so as not to change the overall taste of this vegan banana bread.
- Stir the mixture with a wire whisk for at least 2-4 minutes to make sure that the oil mixes properly.
- Finally, add the flavorings in this banana bread recipe to make it tastier. Take 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 2-3 pinches of nutmeg powder, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder. Combine all these ingredients (the batter and the banana mas) so that everything blends well.
- Now, shift your focus to the batter. Sieve about 1.5 cups of whole wheat flour and add ½ teaspoons of baking soda and baking powder in it. Instead of mixing these ingredients, just fold them gently. You can also add nuts, or seeds to enhance the flavor.
- The batter should be combined well and should have a thick consistency.
- Once the batter is ready, pour it on a greased or lined loaf pan or a round cake pan. Bake the batter at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30-40 minutes. To check if it is properly baked, you can use a toothpick. Insert it in the bread and if it comes out clean, your banana bread is baked.
- Let it cool down completely and then slice. Serve the tasty and eggless banana bread whenever you want.
Recipe Tips and Notes
Here are some tips that help you make it the best banana bread recipe:
- If you are thinking of adding coconut oil to the batter, keep in mind that it can freeze and solidify later. This can impact the taste and texture, so either avoid it or warm the bread a little before serving.
- You can also use protein-rich flour instead of whole wheat flour if you wish to make it highly nutritious.
- To make gluten-free banana bread, just use gluten-free flour such as almond flour.
- Instead of sunflower seeds, you can choose to add other nuts and edible seeds that you like. You can also add dry fruits to make the bread nutty. Walnuts, raisins, cashews, pecans, almonds, pistachios, flaxseeds, and pumpkin seeds are some good options.
What type of bananas should be used when making banana bread?
You can also use the overripe ones that people usually throw away because they are too mushy. This way you can avoid wastage and come up with a delicious recipe everyone will love.
Why do we need to fold the batter instead of whisking?
You may have noticed that we specially mentioned that you must fold the ingredients instead of whisking them. The reason is that whisking can cause disturbance in the combined ingredients and can prevent the dough from losing air. This can further lead to losing the volume. When you try the folding method, you can preserve the volume and hence make banana bread that is more fluffy and fuller.
How long do these banana bread stay fresh?
If you store them well, banana bread can last for 2 days. Just make sure you place the loaf wrapped in a plastic bag and leave it on the counter. If you keep it in the fridge, the banana bread can even last for a week.
How to make low-carb banana bread?
To prepare the low-carb banana bread, you just need to tweak the ingredient list a bit. Here is the list of ingredients you need to make a low carb or gluten-free banana bread:
- Ripe bananas
- Almond and coconut flour
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar-free maple syrup
Note that we have used eggs in this recipe. They will have to be added in step 4 of the banana recipe we mentioned above. Low-carb banana bread is great for people who are looking for weight loss but do not want to compromise on the taste.
What are some other banana recipes you can make at home?
Well, as mentioned in the beginning, there is no dearth of banana recipes you can try. There are specific recipes based on your mood and requirements. For instance, if you are a gym enthusiast, you can try a pre-Workout Shot â€“ banana. But if you just like to enjoy food now and then, try spicy banana chips. These are not just incredibly tasty but also quite healthier than potato chips available in the market. And as we said, you can make both these recipes at home. Some other banana recipes to try are banana ice cream, eggless banana cake, banana fritters, raw banana kebab, banana pancakes. Banana samosa, and so on.