Sweet, tangy, salty, and spicy Indian chaat recipes are filled with lip-smacking flavors that are most likely to win your heart. This is why you will find chaat to be one of the most popular snacks, especially in North India. From aloo tikki chaat and katori chaat to egg chaat and fruit chaat, there are various chaat recipes to suit your taste buds. If you are also a chaat lover, you must try various Indian chaat recipes to relish diverse flavors.Below, we have tried to bring the best chaat recipes you can make at home easily. Read on!
Different types of Chaat Recipes
1. Aloo Tikki Chaat
When talking about chaat recipes, you just cannot ignore Aloo tikki chaat. This is one of the most popular street foods that everyone loves to munch on. It is prepared using aloo (potato), sweet and sour chutneys, and sev. You can serve them as an appetizer as well. Let us tell you how you can try this simple chaat recipe. How to make it?The aloo chaat recipe begins with the preparation of aloo tikki.
How to make Aloo Tikki Chaat?
- First, boil some potatoes, drain the water, peel them, and grate. Keep them aside in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, soak white peas and chana dal for at least 5 hours. Later, cook them in a pressure cooker with salt.
- Take a pan and heat some oil. Saut spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, mango powder, and cumin powder. Now, add asafoetida.
- After a few seconds, add cooked peas and dal.
- Mix well. Mash this mixture properly to get a smooth consistency.
- Put the dal into a bowl and add chopped coriander and let it cool.
- Finally, mix cornflour, salt, and grated potatoes. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Once the dough is ready, take small portions and make round shapes using your palms.
- Gently flatten the tikki. Do this and make more tikkis.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the aloo tikkis in it. Make sure you fry it from all the sides and let it be crisp.
- Once the frying is done, whisk curd to get a smooth consistency.
- Arrange tikkis in a plate and add one teaspoon of whisked curd, chutney, and sprinkle spices as per your taste.
- Also, add bhujiya sev and chopped coriander.
- Your aloo tikki chaat is ready. Serve this aloo chaat immediately.
2. Chana Chaat
Another best among the easy chaat recipes is chana chaat. If you have boiled chana, you can prepare this chaat in no time. Here is how!
How to make Chana Chaat?
- Wash the boiled chickpeas or chana.
- Boil some potatoes and peel them when they are warm enough. Now, chop them and keep them aside.
- Chop one onion, tomato, and green chili. Also, chop coriander leaves finally.
- Take a big mixing bowl and add boiled chana.
- Add the spices like Kashmiri red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, black and white salt. You can also add mango powder or amchur to increase the tangy flavor.
- It is time to add the chopped potatoes.
- Mix all the spices very well so that chana and potatoes are well coated with spices.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Finally, add some lemon juice and toss the chaat.
- Your chana chaat masala recipe is ready. Serve immediately.
3. Papdi Chaat
Papdi chaat is another yummy snack you can definitely not miss in the list of best chaat recipes. It is made using crunchy pooris topped with delicious chutneys and spices. Like aloo chaat, this is also one of the famous easy chaat recipes at home. Here are step-by-step instructions for this chaat masala recipe.
How to make Papdi Chaat?
- First, boil some black chickpeas and let them cook down. Similarly boil potatoes, peel, and chop them.
- Arrange papdi for papdi on a plate.
- Pour some whisked curd all over the papdis.
- Now sprinkle boiled potatoes, black chickpeas, and chopped onions on top.
- Drizzle mint and tamarind chutney over it. Top with chopped coriander leaves.
- It is time to add spices like red chili, salt, roasted cumin powder, homemade chaat masala, and sev.
- Garnish it with pomegranate seeds and serve.
4. Masala Puri
Ready to try some chaat recipes from the south? Then, you must prepare masala puri. This masala puri recipe is especially popular in Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu. Now, let us share masala puri recipe with step-by-step instructions.
How to make Masala Puri?
- Boil frozen peas, chopped carrots, and potatoes and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, saut chopped onions, ginger, and garlic over medium flame.
- Now, add slit green chilies, chopped tomatoes, coriander leaves, and mint leaves. Saut them till the tomatoes turn tender. Let this mixture cool.
- Blend the boiled potatoes, peas, and carrot along with the onion-tomato paste we just made. Before this, take out 2 tsp of cooked peas aside for later use.
- Heat oil in the pan again and add cumin seeds and bay leaf. When cumin starts to crackle, add the blended paste. Cook till it boils.
- Now, add the remaining peas and add spices like garam masala, chaat masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, pav bhaji masala, and salt.
- Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Your masala puri is ready to be served with paani puris.
Other Chaat Recipes To Try
Apart from the chaat recipes mentioned above, you can also try some other chaat recipes such as:
- Corn Chaat
- Bhel Puri
- Idli Chaat
- Paneer Chaat
- Katori Chaat
There are also some chaat recipes for health enthusiasts. Such chaat recipes contain both fiber and protein in high amounts to boost your health. These chaat recipes include:
- Fruit Chaat
- High Protein Tikki Chaat
- Mixed Sprouts Corn Chaat
- Egg Chaat
- Black-Lentil Bean Chaat
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Padmasana | Ashwani Mudra | Hair Growth Mudra | Benefits of Mandukasana | Scorpion Pose Yoga | How to Do Yoga Nidra | How to Do Shambhavi Mahamudra | Mudra for Gas | Anger Management Yoga | Uses of Vajrasana | Parvatasana (mountain Pose) | How to Do Mayurasana Step by Step |Om Mani Padme Hum Benefits in Hindi | Padahastasana Steps and Benefits | Chaturanga Benefits | Halasana Steps and Benefits | Psychic Union Pose | Types of Pranayama and Their Benefits | How to Do Khechari Mudra | Best Mudra for Depression | Makarasana Improves |Kriya Yoga Exercises | What Is Surya Mudra | What Are the Benefits of Prana Mudra | What Is Uttanasana
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Air Aquats | |Deadlift Exercise Benefits | Archer Push Up | Crane Pose | Hrithik Roshan Fitness | Side Plank Dips | Skipping Rope Benefits for Height | Windshield Wipers Abs | Walking Lunges Workout | Chiseled Body Woman | Superman Exercise Target Muscles | Dragon Flag Exercise Benefits | Activities to Boost Creativity | Glute Kickback Benefits | Lateral Box Jumps | Can Yin Yoga Help You Lose Weight | Bicep Workout Routine With Dumbbells
Search Terms For Fitness
Apan Mudra for Digestion | Bhujangasana Muscles Involved | Vipassana Weight Loss | Yoga to Improve Blood Circulation in Brain | How to Make Yoni Mudra | Precautions of Vakrasana | Gomukhasana Is Helpful in Which Disease? | Parsva Balasana Benefits | Balayam Exercise Benefits