Dumbbells are probably the most famous gym equipment of all time and for good reasons. There is barely any muscle in the human body that can not be hit by various dumbbell exercises. Dumbbells can build muscles and give you the best results for your effort.
If you want to work on your leg muscles, you can try a leg dumbbell workout. You can do various leg exercises at home with dumbbells that engage major leg muscles groups.
Today, we are going to share the 3 best dumbbell leg exercises that are going to help you build your lower body. Never skip a leg day and you will start seeing the results within a few weeks.
Benefits Of Doing Leg Dumbbell Workout
Here is a list of health benefits that you get by doing leg workouts at home with dumbbells regularly:
- By doing lower body workout at home with dumbbells, you stimulate the production of hormones such as cortisol, testosterone, and human growth hormone (HGH) in your body.
- You can correct any type of muscular imbalances and align your body by doing a dumbbell leg workout at home.
- The best leg workouts with dumbbells engage your core along with leg muscles.
- You burn calories and promote weight loss by doing reps of leg exercises with dumbbells.
- Push pull legs dumbbell workout hits various muscle groups in your body and that results in better athletic performance.
- You also increase range of motion and mobility by doing leg exercises using dumbbells.
3 Best Dumbbell Leg Exercises
We have jotted step-by-step guides on how to do the 3 best leg exercises using dumbbells. These exercises are easy to do yet and yet offer impressive results. Read on.
- Sumo Squat
This leg dumbbell exercise is a variation of the traditional squats. If you do add it to your leg workout using dumbbells, you will be able to increase your strength and pick quite heavy objects from the ground. Here is a step-by-guide that will help you do sumo squat:
- Hold a dumbbell vertically, grabbing its one end.
- Stand straight with a wide stance, and keep your feet turned out at about 45 degrees.
- Now, bend your knees, lower the dumbbell towards the floor, keep the knees in line with your toes. Along with that, you have to keep your spine neutral and hinge at the waist.
- Lower down the dumbbell as much as possible, drive through your wait, and return to the position where you started the sumo squat by engaging your glutes.
- Romanian deadlift
The Romanian deadlift is often included in the best leg workouts with dumbbells as this exercise is both safe to practice and effective for activating the hamstring. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you add the Romanian deadlift to your dumbbell leg workout at home:
- Start the exercise by grabbing dumbbells in your hands, keeping your palms towards you and the dumbbells horizontal to the ground.
- Bend knees, move hips backwards until the dumbbells reach the floor. During this movement, you have to maintain a neutral spine by activating the hamstrings.
- Rise up and get back to the position where you started the Romanian deadlift.
- While rising, you have to contract your glutes and keep the weight close to your shins and thighs.
- Step Up
Step Up is another famous exercise that is included in most dumbbell workouts. It is actually a lunge pattern movement that is somewhat similar to climbing stairs. Gym trainers often suggest adding Step Up to leg dumbbell workout because this exercise engages your gluteus maximus even more than the traditional lunges. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you do Step Up:
- Start the exercise by standing in front of a box and holding dumbbells in your hands.
- Lift one leg up and plant it on the box.
- Now, bring the other leg onto the box, putting all your body weight on the raised leg.
- Reverse this exact movement by first lowering down the trailing leg and then moving the raised leg. This way, you will return to the position where you started the step up exercise.
Precautions And Safety Points
Here is a list of some precautions and safety points that you need to keep in mind while doing a leg workout at home with dumbbells:
- Never start leg workouts at home with dumbbells without doing warm-up exercises first.
- If you have an injury in the thighs, ankles, or knees, you should first consult a doctor before starting a lower body workout at home with dumbbells.
- If you feel a sharp pain in the leg or any other part of the body while doing a leg workout at home with dumbbells, you should immediately stop the workout.
- Never rush while moving the weight at home dumbbell leg workout as it increases the chances of injury.
- Do not repeat the same leg exercises with dumbbells. It is best to add various leg exercises in your leg workout using dumbbells so that the exercises do not focus just on a single group of muscles.
- If you feel mild pain while doing the workout, you can take some rest and then restart the push pull legs dumbbell workout. However, if it hurts again even after the rest, you should stop doing a leg dumbbell workout and consult a doctor.
- If you do not follow a proper form of leg exercises at home with dumbbells, you might end up putting strain on any leg muscles group.
- Physiotherapists advise doing an aerobic activity before you lift weight at home dumbbell leg workout.
- Do not forget to put on shoes while doing a leg dumbbell workout.
It is true that a leg dumbbell workout can be a little intense but the results it gives are also extraordinary. Just focus on the form of leg dumbbell exercise and your body will soon get habitual of it. Stick to your leg workout at home and you will soon see strong muscles in your lower body.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vakrasana | Uttanasana | Balasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Bakasana | Parvatasana | Mayurasana | Kurmasana | Astavakrasana | Vrischikasana Benefits | Skandasana Benefits | Vayu Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Balayam Yoga | Padmasana Benefits | Makarasana Benefits | Dandasana Benefits | Gomukhasana Benefits | Yoga Mudrasana | Vajrasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Prana Mudra Benefits | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Yoga For Thigh Fat | Archer Push Ups Benefits | Apana Vayu Mudra Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Side Plank | Kickback Exercise | How To Gain Muscle | Benefits Of Butt Kicks | Benefits Of Box Jumps | Yoga To Increase Height | Push Pull Legs Workout | Skipping Increases Height | Cat And Camel Exercise | Benefits Of Superman Exercise | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine
Top Search Terms Fitness
Mangoes Causes Acne | How To Do Kriya Yoga | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | Yoga For Anger Management | Halasana Steps For Beginners | Eka Pada Sirsasana Benefits | Types Of Pranayama And Benefits | Home Remedies For Irregular Periods