Maintaining a healthy core is crucial to staying strong. It can also improve posture that often gets lost due to the sedentary lifestyle and long sitting hours. One of the best ways to ensure a strong and healthy core is abs workout. The exercises for abs also ensure that you can lose the extra fall around the belly and get a flat stomach. In this article, we will be talking about ab roller exercises that are quite popular for ab.
As the name suggests, the ab roller workout requires a tool that is quite simple and inexpensive. It looks like a dumbbell but the tool comes with a wheel in the middle and handles on both sides. However, there’s so much that this tool can do. In fact, ab roller exercises for beginners are also quite difficult to do. Let’s learn a bit more about the best ab roller workout and how to create it:
Top 3 Ab Roller Exercises For Beginners
- Ab Wheel Plank
This is probably the best ab roller workout for beginners. In this ab roller wheel workout, you learn to manage and grasp the roller while maintaining your balance. This is also one of the first ab roller exercises you should try before advancing to difficult roll-outs.
- To do this ab roller workout, you first have to come on all fours in front of your roller.
- Then, grasp the handles of the roller with both hands, with your palms facing down.
- Now, push your body into a plank position so that your head, stomach, hips, and legs form a straight line.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds and increase the duration once you have mastered this beginner ab roller workout.
- Repeat this workout 3-4 times.
- Knee Roll-Out
Once you have done ab roller wheel workout with plank, you can progress to the knee roll-out. You will require a great deal of strength for this exercise. So, if you are a beginner, try to start with shorter ranges and lower the roll only halfway. With time, you can increase the range of this beginner ab roller workout.
- Kneel on the floor with your hands on the handles of the wheel.
- Slowly extend your arms forward and engage your core.
- Keep rolling forward until your belly is just an inch above the floor.
- Then return to the initial position.
- Repeat this roll-out for 5-10 reps.
- Oblique Tuck
If you wish to engage your obliques, this version of knee tuck is a great option. This workout engages the oblique and stabilizer muscles and that’s why it is known as the best ab roller workout. Just like other wheel ab roller exercises, this one also can be included in your home workout easily.
- To do this ab roller workout for beginners, you need to first secure your feet in the foot attachments and then set yourself up in a plank position. Make sure your hands are directly under your shoulders and the back is straight.
- Now, roll the wheel by bringing both knees toward your right elbow.
- Pause for a second and then return back into the plank position.
- This is one rep.
- Do at least 8-12 reps.
Other than these three ab roller exercises, you can also try the following exercise to create customized workouts for beginners:
- Plank to Pike
- Knee Tucks
- V Roll-Outs
- Wide-Stance Front Roll Out
- Prone Position Roll Out
How to Choose The Best Ab Roller for Beginners?
To do the best ab roller workout, you also need the best ab roller. Here are some factors to keep in mind while purchasing or using an ab roller:
- Stability: Buy a wider wheel so that it can provide more stability and can be used on different types of floors.
- Soft Grips: Go for ab rollers that have padded grips so that you can move your hands without strain or any pain.
- Knee Pads: It is suggested to buy ab rollers that come with knee pads to offer extra protection to your knees.
You can also talk to your fitness experts to get suggestions on the best ab rollers.
Ab Roller Workout Benefits
So far you would have realized that ab roller workout benefits are not just about strong abs. There are various other benefits of wheel ab roller exercises that can improve your health. These include:
- Improves functionality
- Boosts overall strength and endurance
- Strengthens back and shoulder muscles
- Corrects body posture
- Improves muscles coordination
- Increases body stability and balance
- Boosts confidence
- Helps in weight loss
Precautions and Tips for Ab Roller Exercises
No doubt that the exercises we mentioned above are the best but you have to take proper precautions during ab roller wheel exercises to avoid any injury. Here are some precautions and tips to keep yourself safe during ab roller exercises:
- Always begin your ab roller wheel exercises after performing a 5-minute warmup. This will reduce the chances of over-stretching or any injury.
- Do not eat meals at least 40 minutes before the workout.
- Finding the best ab roller for beginners is essential, so make sure you buy it after proper research and recommendations from the fitness trainer.
- If you have any knee or wrist injury, avoid performing ab roller exercises. Only begin it after consulting your doctor.
- If you are a beginner, it is suggested to perform ab roller exercises under an expert’s supervision.
- In the beginning, try to use a stopper or lean on your knees while doing roll-outs.
- Your grip on the handles should be strong so that you do not end up slipping and getting injured.
The ab roller is an underrated piece of training equipment that has the potential to build strong ab muscles like no other. Just make sure you master and follow the right techniques while doing ab roller wheel exercises to avoid injury. The workouts may seem simple at first but require a lot of willpower and strength. So, gather your strength and get started with these basic ab roller exercises. You can also watch online videos or take sessions to learn the right techniques and form. All the best!
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Vakrasana | Uttanasana | Balasana | Padahastasana | Mandukasana | Bakasana | Parvatasana | Mayurasana | Kurmasana | Astavakrasana | Vrischikasana Benefits | Skandasana Benefits | Vayu Mudra | Yoni Mudra | Khechari Mudra | Ashwini Mudra | Surya Mudra | Balayam Yoga | Padmasana Benefits | Makarasana Benefits | Dandasana Benefits | Gomukhasana Benefits | Yoga Mudrasana | Vajrasana Benefits | Yoga Nidra Benefits | Prithvi Mudra Benefits | Prana Mudra Benefits | Gyan Mudra Benefits | Yoga For Thigh Fat | Archer Push Ups Benefits | Apana Vayu Mudra Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Side Plank | Kickback Exercise | How To Gain Muscle | Benefits Of Butt Kicks | Benefits Of Box Jumps | Yoga To Increase Height | Push Pull Legs Workout | Skipping Increases Height | Cat And Camel Exercise | Benefits Of Superman Exercise | Hrithik Roshan Workout Routine
Top Search Terms Fitness
Mangoes Causes Acne | How To Do Kriya Yoga | Vipassana Meditation Benefits | Shambhavi Mahamudra Steps | Yoga For Anger Management | Halasana Steps For Beginners | Eka Pada Sirsasana Benefits | Types Of Pranayama And Benefits | Home Remedies For Irregular Periods