It can be desperate to deal with those difficult times when hunger strikes from nowhere. We can end up gobbling everything- healthy or unhealthy. There are some healthy ready-to-eat foods that can make our job easy. Peanut Butter is one of them. A relatively healthier option than other sandwich spreads like jam, ketchup or mayonnaise, most people simply love the flavour of peanut butter. The nutty taste goes well as a spread and also as an ingredient in many dishes.Peanut Butter is loved by one and all and it can also be swished into many dishes. The use of peanut butter for desserts, smoothies and snacks is endless. Rich in fibre, carbohydrates and protein, the use of peanut butter promotes satiety and prevents binge eating. It comes packed with vitamins like Vitamin E, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin B6. Peanut butter also contains fats like monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Nutritionists believe that peanut butter contains an antioxidant called resveratrol that prevents heart disease and cancer. It is known to fight free radicals. Making peanut butter is also simple and is not a very complicated process. There are some wonderful peanut butter recipes that we have collated for you along with making peanut butter at home to help you increase your protein intake. Peanut butter recipes Indian cut the boredom of just spreading it on a piece of toast or having it as an accompaniment to a snack.With homemade peanut butter, you can just add a scoop to almost anything and give it a refreshing twist. It is relatively simple to make peanut butter at home.
Healthy Peanut Butter Recipe:
Check out this healthy peanut butter recipe to spread on your bread or whip it in a smoothie. This peanut butter recipe, Indian style is simple and easy to make. It can be made in two minutes and stored for up to 2 months.
Ingredients Of Two Minute Peanut Butter Recipe at Home
- 1 cup of roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil ( you can add more to make the consistency thick)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar( increase or decrease according to taste)
How to Make Two Minute Peanut Butter
- Combine all the ingredients together in a blender and mix it well.
- Empty in an airtight container.
- Spread it on toast and eat.
Bored of eating peanut butter as a spread on toast? Well, contrary to what the name suggests, peanut butter is a healthy food that aids in weight loss. Here are some great alternate ways of eating peanut butter. Below are some peanut butter recipes that you can try at home with your homemade peanut butter recipe.
This unique and crunchy biscuit is one of the best peanut butter recipes that makes a lovely accompaniment for tea. It is a welcome change to the usual biscuits that you have and combines the inviting flavours of homemade peanut butter and vanilla extract. Making peanut butter at home enhances the taste and adds more health benefits.
- 225 gms of smooth peanut butter
- 100 gms of caster sugar plus extra to decorate
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- Beat peanut butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the beaten egg, vanilla extract and mix. Add baking soda, salt and mix for 30 seconds.
- Roll the mixture into 12 balls and arrange on a tray. Dip tines of a fork into sugar and into the cookies in a criss-cross pattern.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 9 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
A perfect peanut butter recipe to start your day and pack it with goodness of protein and carbohydrates. A luscious smoothie, the contrasting nutty flavour of peanut butter and sweetness of bananas sits well in this healthy concoction.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana cut into chunks
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- Ice cubes
- Add ingredients in a blender starting with almond milk.
- Blend until smooth and ice if too thin.
One of the peanut butter recipes that combines the richness of oats for a healthy start to the day. Oats is rich in fibre and this recipe is breakfast on the go. Smooth and creamy, the subtle taste of honey, vanilla, peanut butter and banana make it a delight to have.
- 1 banana
- 200 gms of rolled oats
- 120 gms of vanilla yoghurt
- 120 ml skimmed milk
- 1 ½ bsp.. of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Add the ice, oats, yoghurt, skimmed milk, peanut butter, banana, honey and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Another one among classic peanut butter recipes, this peanut butter oatmeal smoothie is made with creamy peanut butter, Greek yoghurt, almond milk, wholesome rolled oats, protein powder and sweetened with honey. Made under 5 minutes or less, this one is a perfect breakfast table dish!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Blend the rolled oats into a flour-like texture in a blender.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and blend well into a smooth texture.
- Freeze what you do not use, serve it and enjoy the smoothie for the rest of the week.
Peanut butter tastes lovely as it is. Some love to just dip the spoon into the jar and scoop a little to satisfy their hunger pangs. Some do not love the nutty texture and don't really relish it. If you are not the one to relish the distinct taste of peanut butter or are bored of eating it as a spread, try these peanut butter recipes in your jar. Rather than getting them to idle in the jar in the refrigerator, these could be a great way to use it and also add some healthy zing to your diet. With its myriad benefits, peanut butter can make for a wonderful ingredient for your breakfast, lunch or dinner. All of this with no worries about whether your intake is healthy or not. Referenceshttps://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/flourless_peanut_butter_98822https://www.asweetpeachef.com/chocolate-banana-peanut-butter-protein-shake/https://www.wellplated.com/oatmeal-smoothie-recipe/http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/39232/peanut-butter-banana-oat-smoothie.aspxhttps://www.jaroflemons.com/peanut-butter-oatmeal-smoothie/