Being a mother is one of the most joyous moments that a woman can have. The period of pregnancy may seem challenging but the thought of cherishing the baby makes it all worth it. All you need to do is take care of your health and the foods to eat when pregnant. For the latter, you will experience cravings for different food. People will also remind you what to eat and what to avoid.
In this article, however, we will tell you about all the best foods to eat while pregnant. These are not just healthy food for pregnant women but also yummy and delicious. Read on to know the recipes and all about your antenatal diet.
Simple yet highly nutritious foods to eat when pregnant, cabbage rice contains carbohydrates, protein, calcium, and vitamin C in excellent amounts. Also, since it has no sharp flavours, this pregnant lady food is good during the first trimester when morning sickness affects you a lot. The recipe for this food for pregnant women is also easy and you can make it in 10 minutes!
How to Cook:
- Take a wok and heat butter in it.
- Add chopped onions and sauté them.
- When onions turn soft and brown, add chopped capsicum and cabbage. Cook until tender.
- Finally, add boiled rice and seasoning. Mix well to make sure all the flavours are better absorbed.
- Garnish with cheese and serve hot.
Food for pregnant women is not boring; in fact, the antenatal diet contains a number of delicious dishes that can serve your taste buds. Chicken and tomato paste is one such best food for pregnant women that is both healthy and extremely tempting. Read the recipe for this food for pregnant women below and try it soon.
How to Cook:
- Begin by cooking the pasta as per the directions on the packet.
- Add the snow peas when you cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile, marinate the chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Take a large frying pan and cook the chicken fillets. Once they are tender, shut the flame and let them cook for 10 minutes. Later, cut the chicken filets diagonally.
- Take another pan and heat pasta sauce in it. Add the pasta and finally chicken pieces.
- Mix the ingredients well and finally serve it hot.
When it comes to food for pregnant women who are vegan, this recipe is no less than a rejoice. This food for pregnant women takes 40 minutes to prepare. So, if you think that this is just another sandwich recipe, you are wrong. Read the instructions and see how to make this pregnant lady food properly.
How to Cook:
- Blend coriander, onion, tomato, spring onion, cashews, salt, and oil to make a smooth paste.
- Store this paste in the refrigerator.
- Now, boil water in a pan. Add cornstarch to water and make a thick glue-type mixture. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Blend this smooth cornstarch mixture with honey, kasundi, Dijon mustard, and salt to make a paste. Store this in the fridge.
- Make another sauce of chilli paste, cashew, salt, watermelon seed, cider vinegar, oil, and water by blending them.
- Heat a pan with some oil. Fry the vegan patty in oil and keep it aside.
- Now, place bread on a plate. Apply spring onion spread on both sides.
- Place the vegan patty on the bread and add diced green capsicum.
- Time to drizzle Southwest Sauce and place the tomato slice.
- Also, add sliced Jalapeños and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce and chopped coriander leaves.
- Put another bread slice and close the sandwich.
- Grill this sandwich. Cut in into 4 pieces and serve with Dhaniya Spring Onion Spread Dip.
Apple And Lettuce Salad With Melon Dressing
Salads are not just good food for pregnant women but almost compulsory foods to eat when pregnant. They are rich in fibre and best to eat as snacks instead of unhealthy munching. They also prevent acidity and ensure good digestion. Now, coming back to this food for pregnant women, apple and lettuce salad with melon dressing is a fabulously tasty food that you would love to add to your pregnant lady food list. Let’s check the recipe now!
How to Cook:
- Firstly, add vegetables like cabbage, lettuce, pepper, and carrots in ice-cold water for about 30 minutes. Drain the water and put the vegetables in the refrigerator.
- Add apples to a bowl and add lemon juice. Toss well and keep it in the refrigerator.
- In a big bowl, add lettuce, cabbages, carrots, peppers, spring onions, bean sprouts, grapes, and salt.
- Blend the dressing ingredients and add them. Toss well and serve fresh.
After pasta, sandwich, and salads, it is time to add some drink to your list of the best food for pregnant women. Date and banana shake is an excellent source of nutrients that can support the health of both the baby and mother during pregnancy. Also, this healthy food for pregnant women takes only 5 minutes to make. Read to know-how!
How to Cook:
- Soak the dates in warm milk in advance for at least 30 minutes.
- Now, add the dates, milk, banana, and 4-5 ice cubes in a blender
- Churn for a while and your tasty date and banana shake is ready!
Other Delicious Food For Pregnant Women
The list of food for pregnant women does not end here. In fact, once you have read about the best foods to eat while pregnant, you can prepare a whole diet plan with diverse dishes every day. To help you, we have jotted down some other food for pregnant women you can try: