Keeping your liver healthy and functional is an absolute necessity. However, there are times when a hectic life schedule or bad eating habits may cause troubles in its functioning and increase chances of issues like fatty liver. The problem begins when the fat build-up reaches 5% to 10% of your liver’s weight. If not controlled or treated well in time, fatty liver can damage the organ severely and may also lead to liver failure.
That being said, you always have the option to prevent or control the fatty liver condition by following the right treatment methods. Doctors also suggest yoga for fatty liver to reduce body weight and stimulate the liver for better functioning. Here are some ways in which yoga prevents and controls fatty liver.
- It massages the internal organs like liver and relaxes them.
- Yoga for fatty liver also stimulates the functioning of the liver enzymes along with enhancing the functionality of the spleen.
- It is also believed that yoga uses up the fat deposit from the fatty liver.
- If fatty liver condition has escalated, leading to scarring of the tissue, yoga can help in improving the blood flow and assist liver’s functions.
Yoga For Fatty Liver: Steps & Poses
Below are the top 5 yoga asanas for fatty liver you can easily perform at home:
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
The easiest and best yoga for fatty liver, pranayama involves various deep breathing techniques that improve blood circulation throughout the body. If you want a more specific pranayama for fatty liver, you can try different types such as Kapalbhati Pranayama. By performing kapalbhati for fatty liver, you can also reduce the risk of other liver diseases such as liver cirrhosis, jaundice, hepatitis, etc.
How to do it?
- Sit straight on a yoga mat with your back erect and body relaxed.
- Your hands should be in Anjali mudra and relaxed on your knees.
- Take deep breaths for a while.
- When you feel relaxed, engage your core muscles, and then start passive inhalation and active exhalation.
- As you exhale, try to pull your stomach muscles as closely as you can towards the backbone.
- Do this yoga for at least 4-5 minutes.
- Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
Not as easy as pranayama, Dhanurasana requires you to stretch your back in a way that your body looks like a bow. This yogasan for fatty liver is best to strengthen and stretch the organ so that the fat deposit gets used up as a source of energy.
How do to it?
- Lie down on the yoga mat with your stomach on the floor.
- Slightly bend your knees and lift the legs backward. Use your hands to hold your ankles so that your body arches backward.
- Keep breathing as you pull your ankles a bit more.
- Try this pose for as long as you can before coming back to the initial position.
- Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
If you are looking for asanas for fatty liver that also work on your cardiovascular system, Bhujangasana has to be your first choice. It stretches your chest and deep breathing improves blood circulation.
How to do it?
- Lie on your stomach with your hands by the sides of your chest.
- Your legs should be placed together.
- Now, press your arms and arch up your body in such a way that your eyes are fixed on the ceiling and your hands are straightened.
- Keep your shoulders pressed down and engage your abdominal muscles to maintain the spinal arch.
- Hold the pose for 5-7 breaths.
- Naukasana or Boat Pose
This is one of those asanas for fatty liver that also aid its detoxification function. It requires stretching of your body in a way that it looks like a boat. You can also improve your back and neck pain with this yoga.
How to do it?
- Lie flat on your back and then slowly join the heel and claws.
- Your hand should close at the waist.
- Raise both your legs as well as your neck and hands in such a way that the entire weight of your body lies on your hips.
- Hold this pose for about 30 seconds.
- Mandukasana or Frog Pose
This yoga for fatty liver is best to improve blood circulation and relieve pain. Frog pose is also suitable for encouraging movement within your digestive tracts and preventing gas, bloating, or cramps.
How to do it?
- Kneel down with knees hip-width apart.
- Now, place your hands on your belly button and breathe in deeply.
- As you exhale, slightly press in your stomach and bend forward so that your chest touches the knees.
- Hold this pose for about 20-30 seconds.
What Are The Benefits of Doing Yoga For Fatty Liver?
In addition to improving your liver function, yoga poses for fatty liver also offer plenty of other health benefits. Some of them are:
- Yoga for liver also improves the function of other abdominal organs such as kidneys and intestine.
- It also helps in improving blood circulation.
- You can also improve your immunity by performing yogasan for fatty liver.
- You can also control blood sugar levels and blood pressure with these asanas, thereby making them great yoga for heart too.
- It can also improve body postures and prevent pain in the neck, back, and shoulders.
- Performing regular pranayama for fatty liver also reduces stress and anxiety levels.
How To Do Yoga For Fatty Liver Safely And Avoid Injury
Performing the above-listed yoga asanas for fatty liver is quite easy and there are low chances of any injury or mistake. However, some important things you should keep in mind before beginning the yoga poses for fatty liver:
- Avoid these yoga postures especially the bow pose and cobra pose if you have any back or shoulder injuries.
- Pregnant women or those who have just given birth should also avoid yoga for fatty liver that pushes pressure on their abdomen.
- Avoid eating heavy meals before and after the yoga for fatty liver.
- If you feel any intense pain or discomfort during the asanas, consult a medical practitioner.
- Use a yoga mat to perform yoga poses with great ease and avoid slippage or injury.
If you or any of your loved ones are at risk of fatty liver, make sure you look for the best yoga for fatty liver and start practicing it on the regular basis. If you are a beginner, take yoga lessons from an expert to learn the right form and techniques.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
facts of meditation | ardha siddhasana | jnana yoga basic concepts | shanmukhi mudra | chit shakti for health | flat belly yoga | beginning hatha yoga |chakrasana steps | meditation for peace | navasana benefits | parsvottanasana steps | how to do raja yoga | salabasana benefits | meaning of naukasana | how to do vajrasana | uttanpadasana | benefits of veerasana | reclined eagle pose | the yoga sleep pose | how to draw dhanurasana | ardha chandrasana steps |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
dumbell pullover | back superset workout | bicycle ab workout | cable fly high to low | middle chest workout | free hand excercise | hand fat loss exercise | bunny jump exercise | what is leg curl | standing exercises for weight loss | How to Perform Sumo Squat | daily stretches for splits |
Top Search Terms Fitness
foods that burn belly fat | benefits of parivrtta trikonasana | Lotus Pose follow-up poses | trapezitis physiotherapy treatment | parsva upavistha konasana benefits | back exercises dumbbell at home | best exercises for knock knees | inner chest workout at gym | cardio exercises for belly fat | jumping jack for weight loss | lateral lunges muscles worked | books to read to develop reading habit | how to grow a beard faster for teenagers naturally | baddha padmasana benefits in english | asanas to reduce buttocks and thighs | benefits of anulom vilom yoga | what is trikonasana and its benefits | how to increase beard growth |