Whether you read a fitness magazine or watch online workout videos, you will come across fitness experts motivating fitness enthusiasts to get chiselled abs. And all this tempts you to start a workout for lower abs as soon as possible. While that’s a good motivation to start workout at home, you need to know that abs are not just about looks. They also improve your core muscles; thereby, improving your body strength and health.
In this article, we have brought some of the best lower ab exercises you can do at ease. Just make sure you follow the right steps and accompany the lower ab workout with a protein-rich diet.
Top 5 Lower Ab Exercises To Create An Ultimate Workout
Based on your fitness level, you can pick the best exercises for lower abs from the list. As far as gender is concerned, you will find a mix of lower abs workout for men and women. Just select the ones that you find suitable. Let’s start:
If you want a simple yet extremely challenging lower abdomen workout, a mountain climber has to be on your list. As the name suggests, the exercises look as if you are climbing a mountain, but on the straight floor.
Performed from a plank position, this lower abs workout for men and women works up not just your core muscles but also your shoulders, legs, and back muscles. In short, it is great cardio for workout to try at home.
How to do it?
- Come down in a plank position with your palms on the floor and your body straight. There should be a shoulder-wide distance between your legs.
- Now, lift your right foot and pull your right knee towards your chest. Keep your core engaged and tight and do not push your hips up.
- Return the leg immediately and repeat the action with the left foot.
- Keep alternating the legs for at least 30 seconds
Straight Leg Raise
Just as we promised, here is another simple but quite effective workout for lower abs. Also known as the Lasègue's sign, this workout requires you to pull up your legs upwards without bending them.
You can also perform this as a weight loss exercise since the core muscles get a lot of calorie burn during straight leg raise. In case, you are a beginner, you can use support under your waist or use a pillow for comfort when doing this lower abs workout at home.
How to do it?
- Lie down on a mat with your face up. Place your arms to your side with palms facing down.
- Engage your core and slowly lift off your legs from the floor. Keep them straight as you bring them to 90 degrees.
- Slowly, lower them back to the floor.
- Repeat these raises for 30 seconds.
It is one of the classic lower ab exercises in Pilates. It is quite dynamic and works excellently on your abdominal muscles lungs. The exercise gets its name from the fact that you have to hold the exercise for 100 beats.
The workout requires you to coordinate your breath with body movements. That being said, it is also one of the best lower ab exercises for beginners. You can also use this exercise for any lower ab workouts for women and men.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back and keep your legs straight.
- Now, slowly bend your knees and raise them up in such as way that your knees make a 90-degree angle with your hips.
- Breathe in and raise your arms up too with palms facing down.
- Breathe out as you pull your arms back to the ground.
- Lift your head and shoulder blades just a few inches up from the floor.
- Breathe in deeply for 5 beats and imagine that your belly button is pulling towards the floor.
- Exhale strongly five times as you move your arms up and down then take a smooth five-second to inhale for five more arm movements.
- This is one rep (10 arm moves plus 10 breathes).
- Do 10 reps to get 100 movements.
This is one of the best exercises for lower abs you will find in Pilates. Roll-ups challenge your abdominal muscles. Traditionally, you should include it in your lower abdomen workout after Pilates 100.
Aside from giving you stronger abs, rolls ups also boost your body posture and flexibility. Once you have expertise in this workout, you can also modify workout for lower abs to increase your fitness level.
How to do it?
- Lie down on a yoga mat with your face up.
- Place your hands to your side with palms facing down.
- Your legs should be together and your feet flexed.
- Now, exhale and lift your arms up and forwards.
- Engage your abs muscles to roll your torso and head up into a sitting position.
- Draw the abs in and roll back to the initial position.
- Repeat this workout for lower abs 30 seconds.
Check the list of lower abdominal exercises and you will definitely find a crunch variation. Here, we have picked the reverse crunches as they make the best lower ab workout. It targets your entire rectus abdominis muscle, giving hard focus o lower abs.
Since this workout for lower abs uses your body weight, it also engages your core and makes it stronger and stable.
How to do it?
- Lie down with your face up and arms by your side. Your palms should be facing the floor.
- Now, bend your knee to make a 90-degree angle between your knees and hips.
- Engage your lower abs and lift your hips upwards. This will push your knees towards the chest.
- Slowly lower the back down while engaging your core muscles.
- Repeat this workout for lower abs for at least 30 seconds.
Tips For Lower Ab Workout
Whether you are performing workout for lower abs, here are some things to keep in mind to ensure safety and efficiency:
- Do not eat heavy meals before or after performing lower abdominal exercises.
- If you are a beginner, it is advised to learn the best lower ab workout for the right techniques. The expert also helps you in following the right diet and lifestyle.
- If you are pregnant or have just given birth, avoid lower ab workouts for women. Start them only after consulting your gynaecologist.
- Don’t compare your fitness goals with others as it can discourage you.
- Avoid these workouts if you are recovering from an injury or surgery.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Balayam Benefits | Vipassana Technique | Scorpion Pose Benefits | Uttanasana Steps | Cobra Pose Benefits | Benefits of Vajrasana | Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya | Ashwini Mudra Steps | Pranayama Types and Benefits | Yoni Mudra for Pcos | Best Mudra for Hair Regrowth | Padmasana Yoga Steps | Vayu Mudra for Acidity | What Is Parvatasana | Benefits of Bakasana | Benefits of Khechari Mudra | Pada Hastasana | yoga twist poses | Mandukasana Yoga | cow face pose | Suryamudra | Prana Mudra Precautions | Best Mudra for Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps and Benefits | Benefits of Staff Pose | Balasana Information | Crocodile Pose Asana | Yoga Nidra Technique
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Proper Air Squat Form | Superman Workout Benefits | Benefits of Deadlift | Side Plank Exercise | Standing Tricep Kickbacks | Box Jump Equipment | Overhead Walking Lunges | Windshield Wiper Exercise Benefits | Best Beginner Dumbbell Workout | How to Do Archer Push Ups
Top Search Terms For Fitness
Does Rope Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Male Body | Hrithik Roshan Daily Routine | Dragon Exercise | How to Increase Creativity in the Brain | Anger Yoga | Apan Mudra | Halasana Information | Benefits of Yoga Mudrasana |Yoga for Good Blood Circulation | Yin Yoga for Weight Loss | Kriya Yoga Learn | Mantra Meditation