There are only a few foods and dishes that are famous across the world, omelette is one such food. Almost every culture has developed its own omlette recipe. French people make French omelette while Indians enjoy Masala omelette. In fact, there is even Eggless Omelette for people who do not eat eggs.One reason for this popularity is of course the ease by which you can make omlettes. Even a tough omlette recipe is not that tough when you compare it with other recipes. But that doesnt mean that you dont have to learn them.Owing to its popularity, today there are various types of omelette. Some of them can be made within 5 minutes, others take 20 to 25 minutes. In fact, the famous recipe of Omelette In a Mug can be made within 4 minutes.We have assembled a list of 5 omelette recipes for you that are both easy and fun to make. Give them a read and then try yourself:
1. Cheese Omelette
If you want a quick omlet recipe, cheese omelette is the perfect one for you. It doesnt need many ingredients and can be prepared within minutes. Here is your cheese omelette recipe:
- Take a bowl, beat eggs in it and whisk.
- Add some milk along with salt and white pepper.
- Whisk again for a few minutes; the mixture will become foamy.
- Take a non-stick skillet, put it on medium-low heat, and melt butter in it.
- Pour the egg mixture in the skillet in a way that its bottom gets evenly covered with the egg mixture.
- Cook the egg mixture for 60 seconds and then lift its edges with the help of a spatula.
- Tilt the skillet so that the uncooked part can come down to the bottom.
- Cook for another minute and then sprinkle some Emmentaler cheese in the middle of the skillet.
- Fold the omelette and cook again for around 20 seconds.
- Carefully, slide the omlet into a plate.
- Your cheese omelette is ready to be served hot.
2. Fluffy Omelette
Fluffy omelette is mostly loved by children because the how beautiful it looks on the plate and how mouthful its bites are. Here is your fluffy omlette recipe:
- Take two bowls and separate egg yolks and whites in each of them.
- Whisk egg yolks until their color changes to pale and they become homogenous. Set aside the bowl for later use.
- Now, whisk the egg whites until their size increases to 3X.
- Fold the egg yolk carefully into the freshly whisked egg white.
- Pour this mixture into a frying pan. Cook it for about 5 minutes on a medium-low heat.
- Lift up all the sides of the omelette with the help of a spatula and drop some butter underneath it. One tablespoon for each side should be enough if you do not want too many omlette calorie.
- Cover the pan with its lid and cook again for another 5 minutes. The top of the omelette should settle by this time.
- Remove the lid from the pan and season. You can use salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Remove the omelette for heat and fold it onto the serving plate.
- Sprinkle with chive and your fluffy omlet is ready to be served hot.
If you like making and eating fluffy omelettes, you will also enjoy breakfast bread omelette. Bread omelette recipe doesnt any extra ingredients except pieces of pieces of bread.
3. Tomato Omelette
This is another omlette recipe that doesn’t require you to use eggs for making it. Tomato omlette recipe Is known by another popular name besan ka chilla. In india, it most commonly consumed for brunch or supper. Here is your tomato omlette recipe:
- Take a bowl, add finely chopped onion, chili, coriander, and tomatoes in it.
- Add a cup of besan and a quarter cup of rice flour in the bowl along with coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds, kasoori methi, and salt to taste.
- Add water to the bowl slowly. Make sure that you pour it so slow that lumps do not get formed in the bow.
- Take a non-stick pan or a Tawa, add a few drops of oil or butter to grease it.
- Spread the besan batter on the pan in a round shape to make a dosa.
- Spread some oil on the dosa and cover the pan with a lid.
- Flip the dosa, cook the other. Make sure that both sides are cooked enough to become crispy.
- Serve it hot with green chutney or coconut chutney.
4. Cheese Mushroom Omelette
It is one of those healthy recipes that serve you great nutrition along with taste. Cheese mushroom omelette can be prepared within half of an hour with no special ingredients. You will need some button mushrooms, onions, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, coriander leaves, and eggs to make it. Here is your cheese mushroom egg omlette recipe:
- Wash some fresh mushroom and cilantro in running water.
- Chop them on a chopping board.
- Take a pan, drop some oil in it, and place it on medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot, add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and mushrooms.
- Use salt and pepper for seasoning. Saute to mix the seasoning.
- Cook for 3 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat. Set it aside for later use.
- Take a bowl, break a few eggs in it, and beath them.
- Add some salt, pepper, green chili, and onion in the bowl and mix well.
- Take a pan, add the remaining butter to it, and place it on a medium flame.
- Swirl the pan while the butter is melting. It will spread the melting butter evenly on the pan.
- Pour some egg mixture and tilt the pan in a way that the egg mixture gets spread evenly.
- Once the eggs start to set, add mushrooms, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese to the pan.
- Pour some oil on the edges of the pan.
- Flow omelette onto half once the eggs start to leave the surface of the pan.
- At last, garnish with cilantro and serve the omelette hot.
If you like this the taste of this omelette, you might also like spinach bell pepper omelette and stuffed omelette since they also contain vegetables and is very healthy.
5. Spanish Omelette:
Spanish Omelette is a very minimalist type of omelette made from only five ingredients. Fried potatoes add some crispiness, which is not a usual taste when it comes to omelettes. Here is your Spanish omlette recipe:
- Take some potatoes and chop them into thick slices. Chop some onions along with it.
- Take a large frying pan and heat extra-virgin olive oil in it.
- Add chopped onions and potatoes to the pan and stew gently.
- Stir occasionally for around 30 minutes. Once the potatoes get softened, strain them along with onion using a calendar. Make sure that you have fully strained the oil.
- Now, beat some eggs separately in a bowl.
- Stir the egg mixture into potatoes, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Heat the oil that we have strained from potatoes in the earlier step.
- Drop every ingredient carefully in the pan and cook on moderate heat. Give a cushion shape to the omelette using the spatula.
- After a minute, invert the omelette on a plate.
- Slide the omelette back into the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Invert and cook again.
- Slide the omelette again and serve it after 10 minutes so that it can get cool.