The resistance band is the favorite equipment of people who have ditched their gym to do workouts at home. There is a reason behind this love: a resistance band can work as efficiently as heavy gym equipment at working on muscles.
If you are interested in knowing how to build a strong and muscular chest using a resistance band, you are at the right place. In this guide, we are going to cover the best resistance band chest workout that can be practiced even by beginners.
The Best Resistance Band Chest Exercises
Here is a list of 4 easy-to-do exercises that you can add to your resistance band chest workout:
1. Straight-arm Pulldown
Straight-arm pulldown is a compound exercise that hits your back and shoulder muscles along with the chest muscles. There are a lot of strength exercises that need back and shoulder strength. Hence, you can do this exercise to prepare your body for those strength exercises. Here is how to perform straight-arm pulldown the right way:
- Wrap the middle of the resistance band on a door that is a little higher than your head.
- Grab the handles of the resistance band, step back, and keep your feet at a hip-width distance to each other.
- Now, lean the torso forward, bend your knees slightly, and place your arms at an angle of 45 degrees, in line with your ears.
- Pull the resistance band down to the level of your thighs, squeeze your lats while trying to keep the arms straight.
- Pause at the bottom position and then release the resistance band very slowly.
- To get the best results as a beginner, you have to do at least 8 to 12 reps of straight-arm pulldown.
2. Banded Floor Press
Want to build strong chest muscles without using heavyweights? The banded floor press exercise is here to help you. It has the unique feature of isolating your triceps and chest. Along with working on your chest, it can also work on your shoulders. Here is how to do banded floor press the right way:
- Sit on a yoga mat, point your knees up, and keep your feet flat.
- Hold the ends of the resistance band and place it under your shoulders and across your back.
- Now, lie down on your back and make your palms face the ceiling.
- Push up until your arms become straight and then get back to the position where you started this exercise.
- To get the best results as a beginner, you have to do at least 10 to 12 reps of the banded floor press.
3. Resistance band fly
Along with working on your chest, this exercise also improves your flexibility and helps you twist your body. If you want to focus just on your pectorals, you should add the resistance band fly exercise to your chest workout as this exercise can isolate your pectorals. Here is how to do resistance band fly the right way:
- Wrap the resistance band around a sturdy pole and hold its handles.
- Face away from the pole, widen your stance using your feet, and hold your arms out at chest level, to the side of your body.
- Bend your elbows a little, pull the resistance band and move your arms in front of you.
- Pause here for 3 seconds, and return to the position where you started this resistance band chest exercise.
- To get the best results as a beginner, you have to do at least 8 to 12 reps of the resistance band fly.
4. Resistance Band Push-Up
Push-up needs no introduction. Thanks to its long list of benefits, everyone loves to do push-ups, beginners to experts alike. If you also count yourself on the list of push-ups lovers, you should definitely try the resistance band push-up. It is almost like a regular push-up, just a little harder. You can do it to work on your chest muscles and triceps. Here is how to do resistance band push-ups the right way:
- Take a resistance band, wrap it under your shoulders, and around your back.
- Now, get into a plank position, lower your body until it is just about to touch the floor, and you feel the tension in the band as you will slowly lower your body.
- Push back up and repeat this chest exercise.
- To get the best results as a beginner, you have to do at least 8 to 12 reps of the resistance band push-up.
Usually, though a resistance band for chest workouts is safe to practice, people sometimes find themselves at the receiving end when a resistance band snaps. Here is a list of some safety tips that you should keep in mind while doing a resistance band chest workout:
- Regularly check your handles and resistance bands as they can wear out over the years, sometimes even months.
- While doing resistance band chest exercises, never release a resistance band that is at its highest tension point.
- Never move too fast or do jerky movements when doing chest exercises using resistance bands. These movements are the most common reasons why resistance bands snap.
- If you want to test the strength of your resistance band, increase the tension while doing the exercise slowly.
- Whether you are doing the chest workout or any other type of workout, never be stretch a resistance band longer than 2.5x its total length.
- Beginners often place their hands over their feet. You shouldn’t do it while doing the chest workout, as it might slip off from that place.
- Though doing the chest workout is easy, you should always ensure that you maintain an accurate position. If you are doing a resistance band chest workout at home and can not perform the exercise under the supervision of a trainer, you can join online classes to learn the proper form first.
Resistance Band Chest Workout - Summing It Up
Various chest workout exercises are easy to perform and efficient at strengthening the chest muscles. It is not necessary to add all these exercises to your workout. You can try the exercises first and then choose the ones you are comfortable with. Once you stick to the resistance band chest workout, you will soon strengthen your chest muscles.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Shambhavi Mahamudra | How To Do Ashwini Mudra | Yoni Mudra Side Effects | Prithvi Mudra For Hair Growth | Vayu Mudra For Gas | Bhujangasana | Khechari Mudra Steps | Best Brain Exercises | Side Plank | Prana Vayu Mudra | Mudra For Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps | Balasana Steps | Makarasana Steps | Uttanasana Procedure | Vajrasana Strengthens | Yoga Mudrasana | Balayam Yoga Side Effects | Scorpion Position | Padmasana Steps | Yoga For Blood Circulation In Legs | Yin Yoga | Kriya Yoga Poses | Mantra Meditation Benefits
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Chiseled Body Workout | Hrithik Roshan Body Building Exercise | Benefits Of Superman Exercise | Sumo Deadlifts | Air Squat Exercise | Windshield Wiper Exercise | Glute Kickback Exercise | Box Jumps Benefits | Barbell Walking Lunges | Will Skipping Increase Height | Dragon Flag Abs | Types Of Pranayama With Pictures | Dumbbell Exercises For Beginners | Benefits Of Archer Push Ups
Search Terms For Fitness
Benefits Of Parvatasana | Bakasana Information In English | How Does Yoga Nidra Help Decrease Stress And Anxiety | Benefits Of Padahastasana | Vakrasana Benefits And Precautions | Mandukasana Benefits And Precautions | Benefits Of Gomukhasana | Dandasana Benefits | Yoga To Reduce Stress And Anger | Apan Vayu Mudra For Anxiety | Halasana Benefits | Benefits Of Vipassana Meditation