There may be several reasons why a person may need to undergo physiotherapy exercises. In case of disabilities and injuries, doctors usually recommend the person check out various physiotherapy treatments and undergo one that is ideally suited in their condition. The patient needs to look for an expert physiotherapist who can help them with regular physio exercises, bringing a lot of relief. Depending on the site of injury, different physiotherapy exercises are recommended. Let us check out this exercise therapy in physiotherapy and the benefits enjoyed from it.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Lower Back Pain
If you are experiencing excruciating pain in your lower back region, it is time to seek Orthopaedic consultation. Depending on the extent of injury and severity of pain, the doctor may recommend suitable physiotherapy exercises for lower back pain. Regular exercise can bring a lot of relief in pain and discomfort. Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that work wonders for the patient.
- Cat and cow pose-
This exercise help the person to bring relief to the lower back region. The person needs to sit on the fours and bend the spine upwards and outwards. Next, he needs to inhale and bend the back downwards and inwards. Hold the position for some time to feel the stretch in the back in these physiotherapy exercises.
- Cobra Stretch-
In this stretch, the person needs to le on his stomach and lift his upper body to the navel area. The feet must be firmly on the floor facing outwards, and the arms must be straight. These physiotherapy exercises for lower back pain can help the person find relief in pain and lead a normal life.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Knee Pain
Many people suffer from knee pain. There may be a lot of reasons for this problem. Apart from other treatment options, physiotherapy exercises have been very effective in treating this pain. The General Physician Consultation also recommends physiotherapy exercises for knee pain. Here are a few exercises that can help the patient.
- Straight Leg Raise-
- It is a very simple physiotherapy treatment that anyone can do without an expert's assistance. Lie on your back and lift one leg straight up, making a 90-degree angle with the floor. Hold the position and carry out this exercise with the other leg.
- Leg relaxing Exercise-
- Sit comfortably on the floor or any hard surface with your feet in front of you. Keep your legs straight. Now move your feet up and down, clockwise and anticlockwise. This exercise can even be done while watching TV or listening to music. Physiotherapy exercises will bring a lot of relief from pain.
These physiotherapy exercises for knee pain have given excellent results to the patients battling extreme pain in their knees.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Back Pain
When facing continuous and relentless back pain, fix an appointment for physiotherapy consultation. Often, consultants recommend undergoing physiotherapy exercises for back pain to get long-term relief from the problem. Ask your physiotherapist to share some physiotherapy exercises that focus on pain in the back. There are many yoga asanas like Locust pose, cobra pose, and cat and cow pose that can help bring relief in the pain.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Shoulder Pain
Are you feeling a tightness, discomfort, or pain in your shoulder region? If yes, consult your doctor and seek which treatment would be perfect to resolve the pain. Often, doctors recommend physiotherapy exercises for shoulder pain. Exercise regularly and enjoy a pain-free existence in no time. Here are a few physiotherapy exercises for shoulder pain that works well.
- Stretching Exercise-
- Your physiotherapist may suggest physiotherapy exercises like the arm to chest stretch to bring you some comfort in the shoulder region. Bring your arm across the chest and support it on the elbow with your other arm. Repeat the exercise with the other arm. Hold the position for some time to feel the stretch. Increase the number of repetitions gradually, and you will find a decrease in pain intensity.
- Neck Release-
- This exercise has also been very effective in easing pain and discomfort in the shoulder region. Bring your chin down to the chest and feel the stretch in the neck. Now look sideways towards a shoulder and stretch the muscles. Repeat it on the other side. Hold the position at every move to get good results from this physiotherapy exercise.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Neck Pain
If you sit across your laptop working on it for extended hours, you may experience neck pain. The best way to solve this problem is through physiotherapy exercises for neck pain. These physiotherapy treatments gently but surely remove the kinks and pain from this region. Here are a few physiotherapy exercises for neck pain that will bring you relief.
- Wall Push-Ups-
- The first exercise that can help you is wall pushups. Stand a little apart from the wall and place your palms flat on the wall at the chest level. Now move towards the wall such that your arms make a 90-degree angle and come back to straighten the arms. Repeat this exercise ten times initially and later increase the numbers.
- Shoulder and Head Rolls-
- It is a very simple exercise. Stand straight with feet a bit apart. Dip your head to the chest and rotate it clockwise and anticlockwise. Ensure every movement is complete and your head makes a complete circle. It gives good exercise to the neck muscles and relaxes them to bring relief from pain.
- Sitting T-spine Rotation-
- In this sitting physiotherapy exercise, take your arms above and hold them behind your head. Now, tilt your head such that your whole spine moves in that direction. Repeat this exercise on the other side. You can move your arms such that the elbow of one of the arms faces straight upwards. It gives an excellent stretch to the neck muscles.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Leg
There are many times when injuries and disabilities result in a lot of pain in the legs. It is important to get the problem resolved at the earliest, lest it becomes severe. Here are some physiotherapy exercises for leg that can bring you some relief from pain.
- Single-Leg Squats-
- It is a very simple physiotherapy exercise where you need to stand upright on one leg. Push your hips backwards as if you are about to sit on a chair. Come into a single-leg squat position keeping the knee bent. Repeat this exercise with the other leg.
- Single-leg bridge-
- It is one of the impactful physiotherapy exercises for leg pain. Lie on your back and go into a bridge position with your lower area lifted till the hips region. Now lift one leg and keep it straight while in the bridge position. Repeat this exercise with the other leg.
Physiotherapy exercises are very effective and give a lot of relief from various chronic pains and aches in the body. If you have a cardiac issue, seek a cardiologist online consultation before doing any of these physiotherapy exercises. This way, you will stay safe while getting rid of pain from various parts of your body. Do not take your injuries lightly and take quick treatment to ensure it does not leave any lasting impact on your health.