What is Ezekiel Bread?
Ezekiel bread, also known as flourless bread and sprouted bread, is a type of bread that is made with several sprouted grains. Instead of white flour, it is made with freshly sprouted grains and legumes such as wheat, millet, barley, beans, oats, etc. Some types of Ezekiel bread may also include seeds such as quinoa, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. All these grains are allowed to sprout before they are processed and mixed to make the bread.This sprouted grain bread and its recipe find a mention in the ancient Old Testament of the Bible. It has recently caught the trend and is the latest buzzword in the list of healthy foods around the world.Sprouted whole grain bread has an interesting grainy and chewy texture and tastes earthy and nutty.The bread is quite versatile and can be used in different interesting ways. You can make delicious foods such as French toast and sandwiches with it. Not just this, this bread also works great as bread crumbs to make your dishes crispy and for adding layers to your casseroles.
What is the nutritive value of Ezekiel Bread?
Due to its ingredients and the sprouting process that they undergo, the nutritional value of Ezekiel bread is unlike any other bread. The grains produce a chemical known as lysine that increases their nutritional value considerably. This process also increases the levels of fiber and breaks the starch down resulting in lower carbohydrates. Here is how the Ezekiel bread nutrition breakdown looks like:
- Vitamins B5, B6, and Folic Acid
- Minerals such as iron, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, and manganese
Sprouted bread doesn't contain any saturated fats, and is rich in fiber and carbohydrates.
What are the benefits of Ezekiel Bread?
Sprouted whole grain bread is not just delicious but also super nutritious too. Just like all the foods made of sprouts like veg cutlets, bread upma, bread cutlet, whole wheat garlic bread, and more,Ezekiel bread also has some great health benefits for your mind and body. Some of the most important Ezekiel bread nutrition led benefits include:
- Ezekiel bread is high in non-processed fiber that increases your satiety. This helps you feel fuller for longer and prevents the need to binge eat. This in the long run makes you lose weight and reduces the health risks that come with obesity.
- This fiber content also helps in reducing your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. This makes your cardiovascular system stronger and prevents the risk of heart diseases.
- It helps keep your digestive system healthy by optimizing your digestion process. It prevents common digestion issues like cramps, irritable bowel syndrome, abdominal pain, constipation, and diarrhea. A healthy digestive system is closely linked to a strong immune system, which helps in preventing several infections and diseases.
- Sprouted bread has superior quality protein that combines all the essential 9 amino acids. This helps in making your muscles stronger and repair faster.
- High protein levels also make your bones stronger and prevent the risk of osteoporosis and osteoarthritis.
- Proteins are also essential for helping your body make antibodies for infections. It also helps your body repair cells and creates new ones.
- Ezekiel bread is a great source of energy and keeps you more active.
- This bread is lower in gluten as compared to other types of bread, which makes it easier to digest, especially by people who are sensitive to gluten.
- Since the bread contains sprouted grains, the levels of anti-nutrients are low. Anti-nutrients are naturally found in some plants that make them difficult to digest and absorb their nutrition. The process of sprouting makes these grains easily digestible and also supports the absorption of nutrients.
- Sprouted grains are rich in antioxidants. These help in preventing certain types of cancers, heart diseases, premature aging, and improve your cognitive health.
- Ezekiel bread is choc-o-bloc with nutrients. When consumed regularly, these help in preventing several kinds of deficiencies and diseases.
- Sprouted whole grain bread is vegan-friendly. It doesn't contain any milk, eggs, or butter.
- This bread is low in sodium. This is beneficial for people who suffer from high blood pressure & cholesterol, risk of heart attack, kidney problems, and cognitive problems. These low levels of sodium also help you in losing weight faster.
Are there any side effects of Ezekiel bread?
Just like any other food sprouted grain bread may also have side effects for some people. Some of these side effects include:
- Though technically Ezekiel bread is made without flour, it does contain some amount of wheat. This makes it difficult for people with gluten intolerance or Celiac disease to digest it.
- This bread contains a high amount of carbohydrates. People who are diabetic, trying to lose weight, or following a Keto diet, must avoid eating this bread.
- Since it doesn't contain preservatives, this bread may get spoiled or moldy faster than other types of bread.
How is Ezekiel Bread prepared?
Wondering how to make sprouts a part of your daily bread? Ezekiel bread is not just delicious but pretty easy to rustle up in your kitchen too.Follow these simple steps to make this hearty bread at home:
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and add honey to it. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix flours of dark rye, barley, sorghum, millet, flaxseed, and red lentil in a blender.
- Mix for 2 minutes and add the activated yeast.
- Add salt and olive oil and mix again at a higher speed.
- Blend until the dough is stretchy.
- Place the flour on a board and knead until smooth.
- Oil a bowl and place the flour in it. Cover it with plastic. Keep aside until the flour rises to double its size.
- Cut the flour into equal pieces.
- Spread sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds on the flour.
- Place the flour in the oven that has been preheated to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the baked bread from the oven and place it on a cooling rack.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Kriya Yoga Steps | yin yoga poses | Benefits of Frog Pose | Benefits of Shambhavi Mahamudra | Balayam Results in How Many Days | What Are the Benefits of Padmasana | Benefits of Hastapadasana | Vajrasana Uses | Mudra for Mind Control | Mudra for Self Confidence | Khechari Mudra Secret | Gyan Mudra Yoga | Anger Poses | Mudra for Gas Relief | Vakrasana Yoga Benefits | Benefits of Cow Face Pose | Dand Asan
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Do Skipping Increase Height | Air Swuats | Cobra Pose Exercise | Mind Exercises | Walking Lunges With Dumbbells | Hand Dumbbell Exercises | Standing Forward Bend Benefits | Benefits of Side Plank Exercise | Cable Glute Kickbacks | Hritik Roshan Bodybuilding | Superman Plank Benefits | Is Sumo Deadlift Good for Legs | How to Get Chiseled | Bruce Lee Dragon Workout | Box Jumps for Beginners | Archer Push up Alternative
Search Terms For Fitness
How to Do Ashwini Mudra for Piles | Yoni Mudra in Yoga | Hand Yoga for Weight Loss | How to Do Peacock Pose | Different Pranayama and Their Benefits | Balasana in English | Yoga Nidra Sleep 10 Minutes | Who Should Not Do Halasana | Vipassana Meditation Stages | Pose Scorpion Yoga | Floor Wipers Abs | Yoga for Blood Circulation in Whole Body | Meditation Mantra Examples | Parvatasana Procedure Benefits and Contraindications | Baby Crow Pose Benefits | Bring Out the Benefits of Maharasana | Psychic Union Posture