Frog jump exercise is a very significant jump variation, like bunny hops in any full-body workout routine. It is a plyometric workout that is also known by the names frog hops or frog exercise. So, do you want to know how a frog leap exercise is performed? Start by standing with the feet wide pointed outwards at a 45-degree angle. Lower down yourself to a squat position with the back straight. Then jump explosively into the air by pushing the ground. You can either jump forward or jump in place. Jumping forward will help burn more calories and will be an additional cardio workout.
How To Perform Frog Jumps In A Perfect Form?
If you suggest a frog jump workout for beginners, start by performing 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 20 repetitions. You need not stick to it and alter it based on your ability to maintain good posture and technique throughout the set. It is an excellent workout at home as it does not require any particular machine or equipment. A stepwise instruction on how to perform the frog jump flawlessly is discussed here. By following this, you will be able to ace frog jumps and prevent any unnecessary injuries.
- Start performing the frog exercise with the feet wider than your shoulders.
- Take care that the feet are pointing outwards at a 45-degree angle.
- Place the shoulders directly over the hips.
- You have to have both your head and neck in a neutral position.
- Do not forget to have your chin tucked in throughout the exercise as if you are holding an object under it.
- Manage to distribute your weight evenly throughout the body during the frog jumps move.
- Grip the floor with the help of your feet and maintain a stable posture.
- Place your arms in front of your legs hanging, but with a slight bend on the elbows.
- Inhale and exhale such that the shoulders and hips feel the tension.
- Engage the core throughout the entire frog jump workout.
- Take a note that all the repetitions must begin from this starting position only.
- Your spine should be maintained neutral and then begin to bend both knees and hips. At this point, you have to keep a vertical shin position.
- Then with the chest upright, lower down your body.
- When the legs are parallel to the floor, take care to have the arms hanging long in front of the body with the chest right over the knees.
- Now begin your upward explosive move by pushing your body from the ground. Jump into the air by straightening the legs and having the arms in front of the body.
- When you land during the frog leaps, always do so on the balls of your feet. This will help to distribute the weight throughout the foot evenly.
- Bend your hips and knees slightly to absorb force.
- At this point, you must load your entire body weight into your midfoot and heel. This will have your toes engaged.
- The chest must be right over the hips with the knees in line with the toes.
- Take extra care to control your landing. The core has to be engaged throughout the landing.
- Continue to do the leap frog jumps as many times as you want until you feel the fatigue.
Frog Jump Exercise Benefits
You will experience numerous advantages to your health by including frog jumps in your daily routine. Some of the benefits of frog jump are:
- It increases cardiovascular health. When you perform properly, you will increase your heart rate and improve your cardio fitness levels.
- The benefits of frog jump will be advantageous to strengthen the muscles around all the joints. It will build and activate the hip flexor muscles and therefore is a great lower body workout. It relieves the pain under the waist and foot. Consequently, it is ideal for people suffering from pain in their lower waist.
- Frog jump exercise benefits the primary muscles of the body, which are the hamstrings, glutes, and quadriceps.
- It increases stamina and so is ideal for weak people.
- It empowers the feet muscles, thereby helping to run fast. Therefore, it is helpful for runners and athletes.
- 30-minute frog jumps will be able to burn 800 calories and check weight gain problems when performed regularly. Plyometric training is helpful to burn more calories than any other workout. Therefore, it is beneficial for people who are targeting to lose weight.
- It regulates the blood in the body.
- It works the calves, glutes and thigh muscles extensively.
- A frog jump exercise strengthens the joints and wrists by building muscles that are worked while performing the workout.
How To Safely Perform Frog Jump Exercise And Avoid Injury?
It is a piece of default advice for everyone that if you have any pre-existing health condition, please consult your physician before performing a frog leap exercise. As discussed above, follow the proper exercise technique to ensure the effectiveness and safety criteria. You can also modify the workout as per your needs and requirements if you are sure that you will do it safely. Choose a weight that is suitable for you wherein you can take complete control of your body movement. Pay close attention to the signals that your body sends. Stop at once if there is any slight symptom of discomfort or pain.
If you want to see consistent progress while performing the leap frog jumps, try to take sufficient rest, proper nutrition and diet, and a consistent warm-up daily routine. In a generalized fact, the results depend on the body’s ability to recover after the workout. Therefore, make sure to rest for 24 to 48 hours before training the same muscle group. Adequate recovery is the key to success here.
Summing It Up
Finally, you can make this frog leaps routine more challenging by adding an exercise ball, dumbbell or barbell while performing the jump. Try to jump as high as possible with these but take care not to hurt your ankle. Incorporate it into your daily routine to see visible results in a short span.