Building good biceps is one of the most common fitness goals amongst gym-goers. Strong and toned arms do not just look good and boost your confidence, but they also come with a host of health benefits. Building strong shoulders and stronger arms with dumbbell exercises for biceps can help in improving your posture and can help in reducing the risk of injuries. Strong arm muscles also help in protecting the bones and stabilizing the joints. Working the arms is an important part of any weight loss exercise regime.
The biceps are not the largest muscle group on your arms as they are smaller than the triceps. However, given their position on the front of the limb, the biceps might be the most noticeable group of muscles. And while toned biceps are definitely a thing to show off, there’s more to the biceps. The biceps are tasked with flexion of the elbow. This means every time you bend the elbow, it’s the bicep muscles at work making it happen. In order to lift anything from your kids to a bag, you’ll need a healthy flexion and the support of your biceps.
Fortunately, with a bit of regular effort you can strengthen and tone the arms. Working your biceps with dumbbell a few times a week will work great in strengthening the muscles. When doing a dumbbell workout for biceps, you mostly need to do exercises that isolate the bicep muscles. Isolating and working the bicep muscles with a dumbbell workout for biceps may not be as efficient as your training plan for some other muscles. Isolation of muscles during dumbbell workout for biceps allows one to really dial in their progress and development. Hence, for an overall impact, it is ideal to do a dumbbell workout for biceps as a part of a comprehensive fitness plan.
To help you build those strong and toned arms, here is a list of a few dumbbell exercises for biceps that you can try.
- Standing Dumbbell Curl: This is a classic curl exercise to work the biceps with dumbbell. You can do this biceps exercise at home with dumbbells easily. When doing this dumbbell workout for biceps, make sure you use a weight that does not cause your body to sway and contort and your lower back to arch.
- For the starting position, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding one dumbbell in each hand with your arms hanging by your side.
- Make sure that your elbows are close to your torso and your palms are facing forward.
- Now, keep your upper arms stationary. As you exhale, curl the weights up to shoulder level while contracting your biceps.
- Hold the weight for a brief pause. Then, slowly lower back to the starting position as you exhale.
- This is one rep.
- Dumbbell Concentration Curl: This is a standard isolating dumbbell workout for biceps. It is one of the most common ones and you can do this biceps exercise at home with dumbbells.
- For the starting position, sit on a bench set at a height so that your knees are bent at 90 degrees, with your feet flat on the floor.
- Pick a dumbbell in your right hand and place the back of the upper right arm on the inner part of your right thigh. Extend the arm holding the weight off the floor.
- Now, moving only your forearms, slowly curl the weight up while squeezing your biceps.
- Pause for a beat at the top and then slowly lower the weight back to reach the starting position.
- This is one rep.
- Dumbbell Preacher Curl: This is one of the dumbbell biceps exercises that give you the opportunity to change your upper arm angle during the movement.
- For the starting position, sit on the preacher bench with your armpits just touching the top of the sloped section.
- Resting your upper arms on the bench, extend your arms and hold the dumbbells with your palms facing up.
- Now, as you exhale, squeeze your biceps and curl the weight up until your forearms are vertical. Make sure to keep your upper arms on the bench throughout.
- Pause at the top of the curl for a second. Then, slowly lower the weight until your arms are fully extended and back to the starting position.
- This is one rep.
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl: This exercise is like taking your standard grip curl and flipping it on its side. The small difference in the way you hold the dumbbell in this position is that dumbbell biceps exercise helps transfer more of the work from the biceps brachii to the brachialis, which is a muscle that can make your arms look thicker.
- For the starting position, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with a slight bend in your knees.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing towards your body.
- Make sure to keep the elbows close to your body.
- Now as you exhale, squeeze your biceps and slowly curl the dumbbell up to your shoulders.
- Pause for a second at the top of the curl. Then, slowly lower the weights back to the starting position.
- This is one rep.
Try the above exercises the next time you workout at home and feel the difference. When doing a biceps workout at home with dumbbells, always be sure to use proper form to prevent injury. Additionally, avoid using weights that are too heavy when performing biceps workout at home with dumbbells. It is a great idea to do bicep exercises with dumbbells under the guidance of a fitness trainer until you can learn to do the exercises correctly and safely.
Make sure to always warm up the body before doing bicep exercises with dumbbells. Stretch the muscles and cool down the body properly post dumbbell biceps workout. In order to allow the muscles to recover completely, rest for a day or two in between your arm strengthening dumbbell biceps workout.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Sambhavi Mudra | Nidra Yoga Benefits | Agni Mudra | Bhujangasana Pose | Crocodile Pose | Yoga for Blood Circulation in Brain | Chaturanga Dandasana Benefits | Kechari Mudra | Parvatasana Steps and Benefits | Vakrasana Steps | Apan Vayu | Yoga for Anger | Halasana Asana | Mayurasana Information | Learn Kriya Yoga | Yoni Mudra for Fertility | Hair Growth Yoga Mudra |Bakasana Meaning | Uttanasana Meaning | Diamond Pose Benefits | Easy Mantra | Yin Postures | 10 Pranayama |
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Deadlift Sumo | Hrithik Roshan Bodybuilding | Walking Lunges Exercise | How to Do Skipping for Height | Dumbbells Workout at Home for Beginners | Windshield Wipers Workout | How To Do Air Squats | Benefits of Doing Side Plank | Chiseled Chest Workout | Dragon Flag Benefits | How to Exercise Creativity |Standing Dumbbell Kickbacks | Box Jumps at Home |
Search Terms For Fitness
Mudrasana Yoga | 10 Prana Vayus | Balasana Meaning | Ashwini Mudra How to Do | Mudra for Large Intestine | Benefits of Uttana Mandukasana | Best Mudra for High Blood Pressure | Superman Pose Yoga Benefits | Advantages of Vipassana Meditation | The Scorpion Pose | Padmasana for Beginners | Archer Push up Muscles Worked | Padahastasana Definition | Is Gomukhasana Meditative Asana | Side Effects of Balayam