Street food is always an eternal bliss! And when it comes to Mumbai street food, it will introduce you to a few heavenly dishes and yummy street food recipes. This big city for food is known for the familiar classic dishes and the unique off-beat ones. The most popular Mumbai street food recipes are Mumbai Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav, Bhel Puri, Pani Puri, and Bombay Chaat. All these famous dishes in Mumbai are ones you will spot in every nook and corner of the city all around the day. But there are a few other renowned Mumbai famous dishes unknown to the common crowd. Let us discuss a few of those street food recipes in detail here to try them at home and learn where to look out for these tasty treats when you visit Mumbai:
This is a famous street food that consists of dabeli masala powder, pav, and aloo mixture. This recipe is very much similar to the Mumbai vada pav recipe.
Dabeli masala powder:
- Take a pan and add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel, whole pepper, cinnamon sticks, black cardamom, star anise, bay leaf, sesame seeds, dry coconut, red chilli, and cloves.
- Dry roast all the spices until they give out a pleasant aroma.
- Cool them thoroughly and then blend in a mixer.
- Further, add turmeric powder, sugar, and salt.
- The aloo mixture for street food is prepared by first mixing dabeli masala powder with tamarind chutney and water.
- Make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Pour this mixture into a pan containing hot oil.
- Cook for a few minutes until it leaves a pleasing fragrance.
- Drop-in some sliced potatoes, salt and mix it well.
- Mash the potatoes and top with coconut, coriander, pomegranate, spiced peanuts, and sev.
Finally, slit the pav into two halves and spread the green chutney on one side of the pav. On the other side, spread tamarind chutney and stuff the prepared aloo mixture into it. Dice onions and make a layer of it on top of the aloo mixture. Toast the pav in butter and then roll them into sev. Serve this street food immediately. Mumbai pav bhaji also follows a similar recipe pattern.
This is a Mumbai famous dish that is very easy to make. These street food recipes do not require much preparation time and ingredients too. A veg frankie recipe is discussed in detail below.
- Start by sautÃ©ing these Mumbai street food recipes with capsicum, boiled potato, and crumbled paneer together.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala and salt.
- Mix them well and form cylindrical sticks.
- Add butter on the Tawa and make chapati or wraps.
- Then spread a sufficient amount of tomato sauce on it.
- Then place lettuce, diced onions, and carrots in the centre of the chapati.
- Finally, keep the prepared cylindrical stuffing in the middle and fold the bottom up after applying green chutney.
- Fold the sides also one after the other and use butter paper to roll them further.
- The veg frankie recipe is served with tomato sauce as a famous Mumbai street food.
This is another popular Mumbai street food that is widely available across the city at all times, the recipe goes like this:
- These Mumbai street food recipes are first started by mixing the all-purpose flour with salt, oil, and carom seeds. Knead the flour for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Start adding water little by little until the dough grows stiff.
- Please place it in a covered vessel and let it rest for half an hour.
- Boil potatoes and crumble them after they cook partially.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it.
- Once it splutters, add ginger and wait until it smells good.
- Then add green peas and red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder, chaat masala, fennel powder, and salt.
- SautÃ© for a few minutes and then drop in the finely chopped coriander seeds.
- Leave it aside to cool.
- Knead the prepared dough to smoothen it and then make balls.
- Roll and flatten the ball after drizzling oil onto it.
- Make an oval shape cut them into 2 halves, and then join the edges to make a cone.
- Seal the cone from inside and fill them with the potato masala.
- Seal the edges together by pinching them together, and deep fry them one after the other in medium-hot oil.
- Once the crust turns firm, rotate to the other side and fry until they turn crispy and golden.
- Serve this Mumbai famous street food with mint or tamarind chutney.
Mumbai is popularly referred to as the city that never sleeps and the Gateway to street food. Mumbai's culinary culture is its street food, without a doubt. Apart from Idli Chaat and Pav Bhaji, there are various Mumbai street food recipes all along with the city's corners. These are all drool-worthy and mouth watering that will make you guilty if not tried. So happy binging! Even if you don't visit the city and taste the Mumbai street food recipes, you can always make them at home and enjoy them most healthily and hygienically.
Top Search Terms For Yoga
Dandasana Benefits | Balasana Steps | Makarasana Steps | Air Squat Exercise | Bhujangasana | Halasana Benefits | Yoga Mudrasana | Padmasana Steps | Shambhavi Mahamudra | How to Do Ashwini Mudra |Yoni Mudra Side Effects | Prithvi Mudra for Hair Growth | Vayu Mudra for Gas | Benefits of Parvatasana | Bakasana Information in English | Khechari Mudra Steps | Benefits of Padahastasana | Vakrasana Benefits and Precautions | Mandukasana Benefits and Precautions | Benefits of Gomukhasana | Surya Namaskar Mudra | Prana Vayu Mudra | Mudra for Anxiety | Mayurasana Steps | Glute Kickback Exercise | Box Jumps Benefits | Dumbbell Exercises for Beginners
Top Search Terms For Exercises
Benefits of Superman Exercise | Sumo Deadlifts | Side Plank | Uttanasana Procedure | Vajrasana Strengthens | Will Skipping Increase Height | Chiseled Body Workout | Hrithik Roshan Body Building Exercise | Dragon Flag Abs | Windshield Wiper Exercise | Barbell Walking Lunges
Top Search Terms For Fitness
How Does Yoga Nidra Help Decrease Stress and Anxiety | Best Brain Exercises | Yoga to Reduce Stress and Anger | Apan Vayu Mudra for Anxiety |Balayam Yoga Side Effects | Benefits of Vipassana Meditation | Scorpion Position | Yoga for Blood Circulation in Legs | Yin Yoga | Kriya Yoga Poses | Benefits of Archer Push Ups | Mantra Meditation Benefits | Types of Pranayama With Pictures